Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 08:25:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330118 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  FFTA2 Grimoire of the Rift
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: FFTA2 Grimoire of the Rift  (Read 1379 times)
terrencelee

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 15, 2008, 09:20:04 AM »

Im suprised there arent any threads on this topic.
Any fans of the series here? I just got this and im having mixed feelings on it so far. i think its generally good, but there are a few things that seem a bit off about it...
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 09:22:45 AM »

There is a thread.  You posted in it.  Of course, that one went south pretty quickly, so I'm letting this one stay open in case anybody still wants to discuss it.

terrencelee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 09:27:36 AM »

D'oh! i did a search for Grimoire as opposed to just ffta2
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 09:50:46 AM »

I'm not a fan of the series I'll admit. I thought FFT was unfair and unbalanced and that FFTA was slow and boring.

sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 11:10:37 AM »

I've barely scratched the surface of it and so far, it seems like it's a lot like the first Advance title except you get rewards for not breaking the laws which is GOOD. I need to play it more, but I'm focusing on other games. FFTA2 is definitely a nice game to turn on, do a couple of quests, and turn off much like Crisis Core.

Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 11:30:57 AM »

I love it.  It's more like FFT than the first FFTA, which is good since FFT is one of the best SRPGs ever.

I quite enjoy the bazaar system.  Fight a couple battles and then trade in your loot to unlock lots of new equipment.

I'm currently trying to unlock Assassin for my Viera troops.

terrencelee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 12:06:55 PM »

i hate hate hate the character artwork...the backgrounds are great though.
also wtf is up with the hit % rates? no matter which side you hit someone from it stays at 99%
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 01:01:57 PM »

Are there any extra bonuses you get for playing this game on Hard mode?

Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 01:21:05 PM »

I...have mixed feelings so far on the game.

The law system is good in the sense that you get bonuses for playing by the rules and, at worst, you just lose the bonus and reviving people if you break it. However, I don't like that it seems these rules ONLY apply to you and enemies can do whatever the hell they want. I also miss the law cards! I really wish those remained because you could really do some strategic asshattery with that.

The story is also WEAK. I mean weak. I didn't expect a fantastic story with this but it makes FFTA so far look like poetry. Granted storywise I'm up to the Pearls story mission so I don't know if it improves, but Luso as a main character? Oh god, I want to kill him constantly. At least Marche was intresting if you took the perspective that he was the VILLAIN of the game because of his desire to drag his friends back to reality regardless of what they wanted. Does the plot get any better? There's seriously like...no plot.

I DO like how the stats seem to be more balanced and there's some awesome classes this time around. The baazar system is also nifty as well, plus the game seems to actually be challenging this time around. The Blue King quest is utterly kicking my behind (I think I'm way underlevelled. Must grind more!)

I love the music, even if half of it is from FF12.

Also, acutions? Hey everyone...I'm going to control the world WITH TOKENS :O~~~~~ (I'm probably biased right now because I lack tokens and I can't control much yet!)

Those are just my thoughts on it. It's fun for the battle perspective, but it could have been so much MORE.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 04:03:51 PM »

+Law system has all the shitty annoying parts taken out of it
+Shopping made easy
+Lotsa jobs and secrets
+Hurdy
+Character art... for all but the main characters who look just plain "
fruity" (Luso is wearing highheels, a metallic ladybug and represents Portugal, while Adelle has piss-yellow eyes)

-Story... LUSO: "Oh shucks, I'm stuck till I finish the book?  Oh well, lets galavant all over Ivalice"
-Luso
-Moogles took a dive
-Lengthy battles
-Loosing the Judges favor on some ridiculously bad luck
-Fucked up damage hit% (I miss on a 95%, yeah their casting Slow hits all my guys for 40%...NO)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: