Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 08:26:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327552 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Gonna be a shitload of anime on the PS3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gonna be a shitload of anime on the PS3  (Read 1399 times)
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 15, 2008, 08:51:43 PM »

Yeah, with FUNimation teaming up with the PS3, there's going to be a lot of anime on the PSN, and a brand new anime to boot.

New Bones anime, Xam'd.

I'm happy, as there's no stores around me that carries anime, and right now, FUNi has the largest share of anime in the market. The thing I'm wondering is: will FUNi put Geneon anime on the PSN? I sure hope so.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 12:55:18 AM »

I really doubt this kind of service will see any real market penetration. Historically the only service to make leeway into speciality anime services has been Anime on Demand, and even that's pretty flakey because of selection. Spike tried out the whole 'custom content' idea, and that flopped miserably. Maybe Bones can do something, maybe not. Either way, I'd prefer to see it on DVD or on a console-independent service.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 03:26:50 AM »

I'm kind of morbidly curious to rent it just for the sake of renting a TV episode, but $2 for SD or $4 for HD seems a bit much for a 24 minute episode you won't even keep.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 09:51:02 AM »

Anime is high-priced anyways, but if 4 episodes are cheaper than 1 anime DVD (usually 30 bucks), then I might look into it. I mean, it'd make sense if they bundled 4-5 episodes together just like a regular DVD and sold it from $10-$15, I think I'd actually be interested. If they sell each individual episode, it'd be better waiting a year for the boxset.

--

Looks like it's $2 per episode. Still don't know if that's rental or owning, but it should be per episode. You'd have to be on crack to sell an single episode for $10-$15. >.>
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 01:25:24 PM »

I've seen it for myself, it's rental.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: