Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 10:53:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327554 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  The end of Avatar
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The end of Avatar  (Read 2465 times)
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 21, 2008, 01:26:51 AM »

So who's been watching this then?

Been following it since Book 1, and thought "this is quite a nifty little anime Nickleodeon have picked up!" only to discover that Nickleodeon had actually made it!

So anyway, it ended this weekend, and I've got to say it was one of the most satisfying conclusions to a series I think I've seen in a very long time. There was enough to keep the fans happy without it becoming too cheesey, and everything about it just seemed right.

The one thread left loose was a fairly logical one, and it is probably the basis for the spin-off series that has been rumoured since viewers realised that Avatar: The Last Airbender had a finite lifespan of three series.

But anyways, overall, I found the Sozin's Comet saga to be very enjoyable and a worthy finale to a generally excellent series.

It'll be interesting to see if Mr. Shyalaman can do it justice in his next project...

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 06:25:36 PM »

Wait, M. Night is doing a live-action TRILOGY of films for Avatar? That's just absurd.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 06:33:50 PM »

Quote from: "Ramza"
Wait, M. Night is doing a live-action TRILOGY of films for Avatar? That's just absurd.

Can't get any worse than this last *three* films. OOOOHHHH I went there :P

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 07:13:40 PM »

Oh no, you did NOT talk smack on The Village. You can hate the other two, but not the Village.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 07:21:29 PM »

Please Lady in the Water was better than the Village.  Its a lovely little fairy tale, despite its odd names and characters (which are part of its charm I might add) not some lame ass

Code:
OMG WE LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF A FOREST CAUSE WE GOT SICK OF THE REAL WORLD AND THE MONSTERS ARE REALLY JUST OTHER TOWNSPEOPLE DRESSING UP TO SCARE OUR DUMB ASSES FROM REALIZING WE LIVE IN THE TIME OF COMPUTERS AND TVS AND AIRPLANES OH MY!

Still live action avatar just does not sound all that appealing to me.

I loved the show, and the ending was very satisfying.  I am interested in the new show that they might do about another incarnation of the avatar.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 07:30:50 PM »

Quote from: "Ramza"
Oh no, you did NOT talk smack on The Village. You can hate the other two, but not the Village.

Sorry, but I thought that movie blew chunks. It was a disappointing movie considering it was after the terrific Signs, and started his downward decline into mediocrity. It had a good soundtrack though :P

Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 11:01:49 PM »

Quote from: "Serene Prophet"
Still live action avatar just does not sound all that appealing to me.

I loved the show, and the ending was very satisfying.  I am interested in the new show that they might do about another incarnation of the avatar.

Apparently, it's supposed to be set in the time after the events of The Last Airbender, and will have Gaang members making the occasional cameo appearances, but will not focus on Aang, Katara or Sokka, therefore speculation is now rife that it will be Zuko's story of his search for his mother, finding peace with his now-crazy sister and ruling the Fire Nation with the Dai Lee working against him in the shadows, trying to restore his father to power, so no other Avatar just yet...

as for the MNS live-action affair... I'll reserve judgement til more details emerge. For now, all I'll say is I'm guessing each movie will represent a series, therefore we'll have a water, earth and fire story.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 01:35:06 AM »

I haven't watched any of Fire Season yet, but I'm glad to hear that they ended it when they felt they should instead of extending it endlessly. That's one thing that's not inspired by anime!
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 01:57:49 AM »

Quote from: "Hathen"
I haven't watched any of Fire Season yet, but I'm glad to hear that they ended it when they felt they should instead of extending it endlessly. That's one thing that's not inspired by shounen anime!

Fixed.

I've yet to watch more than five minutes of Avatar. Since the late '90s, Nickolodeon =/= quality.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 06:43:36 PM »

Isn't this like the Naruto of Nickelodeon? By that I mean, isn't it bad? Or are my preconceived notions horribly off? Guess I'll have to watch an episode and find out.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 11:18:52 PM »

For what it is, Avatar is pretty good. They choreograph stuff around actual martial arts styles and you can really tell the people working on it are trying their best to make a good show.

Overall I think it's okay, but its certainly one of the better cartoons out of the crap that gets made in American animation these days.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: