Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 06:27:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334517 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  RPGs you're embarassed to own.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: RPGs you're embarassed to own.  (Read 9634 times)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2008, 03:17:21 PM »

Quote from: "mizuki_no_beatdown"
Quote from: "Eusis"
I also got Granstream Saga... the developers of the Soulblazer series made it,

WHUT?!

Did no one respond to this?

Yeah, Quintet made Granstream Saga. The same folks who did Soulblazer / Illusion of Gaia / Terranigma. Clearly they weren't meant to do 3D.

Interestingly, Quintet did design work with Gust for "item icons" in Atelier Iris and a couple of other games.

I'm not ashamed of owning / having paid for pretty much anything in my collection (what's with all the XS2 hate? That was a good game...). The only one that sucked was the DS port of Myst, but I've already sold it so...yeah.

Ramza

Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2008, 03:45:18 PM »

Does no one else sell the crap games they end up with?

I have no RPGs I don't like in some way.  :P

mizuki_no_beatdown
AMG A GIRL

Women are from Venus

mizuki_no_beatdown@yahoo.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2008, 04:22:00 PM »

Quote from: "Ramza"
Quote from: "Eusis"
I also got Granstream Saga... the developers of the Soulblazer series made it,

WHUT?!

Yeah, Quintet made Granstream Saga. The same folks who did Soulblazer / Illusion of Gaia / Terranigma. Clearly they weren't meant to do 3D.

That just ain't right. I loved Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia. So that's where Quintet went.
 Also, X2 was better than X1, surely, and X3 was great. I must be one of the few that liked X2's battle system. The zone thing was cool, I thought.

Quote from: "Losfer"
Does no one else sell the crap games they end up with?

I bought 'em so long ago, our town didn't have gamestop, I forgot I had 'em. Loaning them out to those I hate is fun, anyway.

Playing : Lunar the Silver Star
Recently Beaten: E.G.G.
Awaiting : Red Dead Redemption, Arc Rise Fantasia
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2008, 04:33:42 PM »

I've been meaning to pawn my copy of Dark Cloud (which I bought as part of a two-fer with its sequel on eBay and have never had any desire to play) but I've never gotten around to it.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2008, 04:41:57 PM »

I liked Granstream Saga. ;_;
mizuki_no_beatdown
AMG A GIRL

Women are from Venus

mizuki_no_beatdown@yahoo.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2008, 04:48:56 PM »

Quote from: "Hidoshi"

Ahhhh!!! Quick, tell me something good that you liked to counterbalance that!

Playing : Lunar the Silver Star
Recently Beaten: E.G.G.
Awaiting : Red Dead Redemption, Arc Rise Fantasia
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2008, 04:49:18 PM »

EDIT: I can't say I'm ashamed of any games I own, but I do have some guilty pleasure stuff.  Japanese love adventures are a bit of a guilty pleasure for me.  

The last video game I really felt burned on was Jake Hunter.  I returned it a day after I bought it.  I wonder if I was too generous in my scoring of it.  6 hours of lame.  

It's funny that Trace Memory is also a 6 hour game, yet I did not feel ripped off at all with it.  That game was an amazing 6 hours.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2008, 04:49:57 PM »

Fun fact: Quintet also made Robopon on the GBA.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2008, 05:32:23 PM »

Quote from: "Ramza"
(what's with all the XS2 hate? That was a good game...)

You should know why.

However, I listed it as a regrettable purchase, and it definitely is when I didn't like it, it went to about 7 bucks used ridiculously fast, and if I waited for that I COULD HAVE FUCKING GOT TRON BONNE FOR $20 WITH THE MONEY I SAVED. Instead, the game quickly went up to $40 on GameQuestDirect then eventually out of stock entirely. I consider it a good thing to experience the bad to appreciate the great more, but a;sldkjfawieuoafjf FUCK.

(Fun fact: Tron Bonne goes for $70+ on Amazon's Marketplace nowadays. WTF?)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2008, 05:42:53 PM »

This game was fucken awful.  Played half an hour before turned it off and never booted it up again.

Granstream Saga sucked.
Radiata Stories sucked (for Tri-Ace, anyways; still a 6-7/10)
Wild Arms 4 was disappointing (especially when I saw it for under $20 like 4 months later).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2008, 05:49:35 PM »

Quote from: "Der Jermeister"
Definitely both Kingdom Hearts. I definitely wouldn't want to get caught dead playing them my anyone in my family.

Oh, fuck yes.  If somebody caught me in the midst of fighting Ursula, I would die of shame right there on the spot. :P

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2008, 05:55:53 PM »

Ahhhh!!! Quick, tell me something good that you liked to counterbalance that!

Nope. :P

Also, since two people have messaged me about this: I was being facetious when I listed PDS. :P Just being a dick. I don't really own any RPGs I feel are truly bad, except perhaps Dragon Quest VII. Like it or lump it, that game looks and plays like ass. Some ideas are cool, but overall it's a lump of coal at Christmas.

My support of the Grandstream Saga is probably unfounded from an objective viewpoint. It's not the best built RPG in the world, and the faceless people bother me. Still, I did have fun with it, and my experience reads well with the game.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2008, 07:48:50 PM »

I loved Great Greed, what a classic environmentalist propaganda game. :P  But seriously, it was a lot of fun.

Now as far as what I am definitely embarrassed to own, that has to be Robotrek.  Sure Xenosaga II was a massive disappointment and Granstream Saga wasn't near the quality of typical Quintet games, but Robotrek was just plain horrible.  Crap plot, crap graphics, crap music, horribly unbalanced gameplay, more Engrish than you can shake a stick at, and pretty much the worst characterization this side of the original Dragon Warrior/Final Fantasy.  I'm not sure why I still have the game, to be honest - it's just THAT bad.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2008, 07:50:44 PM »

Quote from: "Lucca"
I own the Game Boy game 'Great Greed', which is as obscure as RPGs come. It's essentially a RPG game with  enviromental themes ANVILED on you the entire game. Hell, the main villain was named Bio-Haz! I honestly don't remember much from it except at one point you go to a bathhouse and get your clothes stolen, so you run around the forest maze in only your skivvies, and there's an old PC mage woman named Microwave.

This game is actually pretty fun. It's simple and feels very abbreviated (it's not short per se, but no single dungeon in the game takes longer than 15 minutes) but enjoyable. The quirky plot and strange setting add to the charm. I had trouble finding a copy on E-Bay but when I did, it was pretty cheap. Go figure.

I'm pretty embarrassed about having beaten both parts of Deep Labyrinth for the DS. Then again, maybe not since I'm telling you about it. Regardless, it was a dumb game.
calintz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2008, 09:42:42 AM »

Panzer Dragoon Saga.

wait, what?... why?

why would u be embarrassed to own that? just sell it on ebay and make some money...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: