Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 04:23:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329966 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Watchmen trailer!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Watchmen trailer!  (Read 10556 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 18, 2008, 10:45:57 AM »

Right here.

Well, it looks like they have the general look of the comic down pat...but all the eye candy in the world won't save it if they fuck up the ending, and I expect them to. :P

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 11:31:20 AM »

Wasn't impressed when I saw it before The Dark Knight last night, but it might have been because I was abhorring anything that was making the wait for The Dark Knight longer.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 12:04:14 PM »

We all know this joke is coming so I might as well be the first one to do it.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 01:20:11 PM »

Read an article from someone who has been on-set, and he said they're really putting a TON of attention to detail, and it looks great.

He talked to the director or somebody, who said that in every version of the script they've seen, the ending's been a bit different from the comic.  A bit more "traditional," if you will.  Not all sunshine and butterflies, but different.  I'm sure some people won't be happy no matter what, but hopefully it'll be something most people are OK with.

Man - watching that trailer really made me want to read the graphic novel again.

On a sort-of-but-not-really-related subject, anyone here ever read the Wild Cards series?  (They're a set of superhero-ish books written by a bunch of folks and edited by George R. R. Martin.  Good stuff, hard to find, and fairly similar in tone to Watchmen.)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
óKurt Vonnegut
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 11:17:57 PM »

Quote from: Tooker
Read an article from someone who has been on-set, and he said they're really putting a TON of attention to detail, and it looks great.

The problem I have with the movie is that every video diary that comes out for Watchmen is about set design.

Look! We've got the same graffiti as Issue 3, page 4, panel 5!

That sort of thing. Nothing about the cast, story, anything. I have a feeling this is going to be all flash and no substance, just like 300.

Quote from: "Tooker"
On a sort-of-but-not-really-related subject, anyone here ever read the Wild Cards series?  (They're a set of superhero-ish books written by a bunch of folks and edited by George R. R. Martin.  Good stuff, hard to find, and fairly similar in tone to Watchmen.)

Not in a long time, but yeah, I have a few of the novels, and I remember them being quite good. Better than Heroes.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Killy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 05:46:43 PM »

Raw shark?  You know where raw shark is???

Heehee I just read the graphic novel, it was aaaaaaawesome!!  But... yea the big question is, how well can they really translate that to a film?  The visuals in the trailer were pretty cool-looking, as I would expect from the director of 300... so it'll probably do well even if everything else falls flat, like 300.  I know I'm most def gonna be watchin it.  :3
Yoshino

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 04:23:22 AM »

The visuals are pretty dead on, but I expect that, like V for Vendetta, the entire point of the comic is going to be missed when it comes to the ending.
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 01:02:52 AM »

Thought I might as well post the new trailer. It looks really good, although Rorschach sounds way too much like Baleís Batman for my liking. I just hope Iím not setting myself up for disappointment, because Iím still really excited for this movie.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 02:03:26 AM »

It's rated R; for me that's a good sign, that they're taking chances and not doing some bullshit editing just so they can get the main target audience for comic book movies.

Watchmen was a pretty multi-layered comic though- I doubt a single movie can do the plot justice. No matter what, I don't think people are going to be satisfied.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 02:11:20 AM by Hathen » Logged
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 01:28:21 PM »

It's rated R; for me that's a good sign, that they're taking chances and not doing some bullshit editing just so they can get the main target audience for comic book movies.

Watchmen was a pretty multi-layered comic though- I doubt a single movie can do the plot justice. No matter what, I don't think people are going to be satisfied.
People will never be satisfied. So few people will judge this film on its own merits, since it's an adaptation.

I have confidence it will be good.

[/url]
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 01:55:25 PM »

If they at least get The Question Rorschach done right, I'll be happy.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 05:43:28 PM »

Trailer took forever to load for me, but yeah, I agree I really don't like Rorschach's voice. For some reason I always imagined he'd sound like The Blank from Dick Tracy. =P
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 12:38:17 PM »

Rorschach's voice doesn't really do it for me, either.  I always imagined him speaking like Joe Friday. :P

DM Kyle E. Miller
Administrator

foriamthedm@yahoo.com foriamthedm foriamthedm@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2008, 12:50:07 AM »

Yeah, his voice is worse than Batman's. He has no reason to disguise it...

Oh, and yeah, they did wreck the ending for anyone wanting to know. There's a certain something they allegedly removed.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 02:00:23 PM »

Yeah, his voice is worse than Batman's. He has no reason to disguise it...

Hmm.  That's a tough call for me.  The chain-smoker thing can be annoying, but it is supposed to be a mystery who Rorschach is.  In the comic, he can talk all he wants and no one will ever recognize him.  In the movie, though...

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
óKurt Vonnegut
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: