Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 03:18:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341179 Posts in 13944 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Watchmen trailer!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Watchmen trailer!  (Read 10943 times)
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 02:37:54 PM »

I think his voice fits the style Snyder seems to be aiming for. It's overdone, but what in that trailer isn't? I like the feel of it; very modern take on the 1940s/50s noir presentation.

[/url]
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2009, 02:54:25 PM »

Needless to say, I'm pumped for the movie. I'm a new fan to the story. I need to get a hold of the graphic novel before the movie comes out. Rorschach is awesome.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 11:03:53 AM »

I don't think Rorschach's voice is that bad.  Yeah it sounds a bit processed, but I always imagined Walter Kovacs naturally having that kind of rough, raspy Liam O'Brien type voice (Akihiko in P3). 

Still, there's a reason why Rorschach's often named one of the most compelling comic book characters ever.  And I definitely think that when convention season rolls around, a lot of cosplayers will be coming in dressed up as Rorschach.   

I'm aware of the outcry about the ending being changed and everything.  When you have any movie based on a popular intellectual property, people are going to bitch no matter what.  I'll still go see it.  The graphic novel is a total must-read (best book I read in '08) and if the movie encourages people to read The Watchmen, then cool. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 08:49:00 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 07:15:01 PM »

Well IGNs AU review gave it a 5/5, they really liked it, interesting to see how the rest of the world rates it.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 05:37:50 AM »

It was good.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2009, 12:14:13 PM »

Have you read the graphic novel? I haven't read it and I've read alot of reviews that said the uninitiated won't like the movie, so I'm curious.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2009, 01:27:24 PM »

The best part about your new avatar AJR is that I didn't notice how much Dr. Manhattan's head looks like his other head until now. Lolol.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2009, 01:32:16 PM »

Have you read the graphic novel? I haven't read it and I've read alot of reviews that said the uninitiated won't like the movie, so I'm curious.

Yep. And Iím a big fan of it.

My girlfriend hadn't read it though, and she really got into it. I could definitely see how someone uninitiated could get a little lost. A few details are left unexplained, and a lot of cool things that were fleshed out in the comics had to be condensed. It leaves the whole thing feeling a bit rushed.

I could probably point out flaws all day if I wanted to, but I think even with all its problems, it's a good film. Even though you havenít read the comic, I think itís worth checking out.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2009, 08:58:19 PM »

I just came back from seeing it and I was really pleased. I thought the ending, though changed, was very well done. Honestly, with a book as dense as Watchmen as the source I'm not sure they could have done a better job with the movie.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2009, 11:14:46 PM »

I'm sad to say that I'm as interested in seeing the super-long director's cut with the Black Freighter stuff as I am in seeing the one that's in theaters now.  (Had to put it off because my wife had a headache - this thing's gonna be crazy enough without one!)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
óKurt Vonnegut
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2009, 11:59:12 PM »

I saw it tonight. It felt really long, but it was still nice. They fleshed out a lot of characters' backgrounds. I think, if anything, this movie told me that I must read the graphic novel, which I had bought earlier, but haven't gotten around to reading it.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2009, 12:32:50 AM »

If you're not into PVP, you probably missed this (like I did), but I saw it today and thought it was pretty sweet.

http://www.pvponline.com/2009/03/02/ombudsmen/

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
óKurt Vonnegut
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2009, 07:01:23 AM »

Yeah, a bit too long. I liked it though.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2009, 02:26:11 PM »

Saw this last night, it was truly an intense thing for me to watch. Certain parts of it actually made me nauseous. But it was worth it. Extremely strong film, interesting messages being conveyed.

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2009, 06:23:59 PM »

If you're not into PVP, you probably missed this (like I did), but I saw it today and thought it was pretty sweet.

http://www.pvponline.com/2009/03/02/ombudsmen/

HAHA! That's hilarious! It should have been a mini arc or something.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: