Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 02:59:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327662 Posts in 13414 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Obscure Talents
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Obscure Talents  (Read 2397 times)
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« on: July 22, 2008, 10:25:09 AM »

We all know that we can game to varying degrees of skill. Many people here are good at sports, or they can draw or write; all of these are 'mainstream' (for want of a better word) talents. But what are you talented at that's weird, odd, rare, or just plain stupid?

Over the last couple of years I've taught myself to beatbox. I started doing it as a joke to annoy my friends, but I kept doing it and now I'm getting pretty good at it. It's not an odd talent per se, but it's something people don't expect a guy like me to be able to do.

Now, let everyone know how much of a freak you are :P

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 10:29:51 AM »

I consider myself a master whistler.
I'm also an above-average blunt roller.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 10:33:06 AM »

I'm a master at making fart noises. I can do it really well with my armpits, making farts that last around 15-20 seconds, or I can do the really loud ones. I can also make fart noises by cupping my hand and pushing it against my eyesocket (not the actual eye), squeezing my hands together, rubbing my neck and shoulder together, and my knees. I got it once with my belly button, but I haven't been able to do it since.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 10:57:33 AM »

I can play a guitar with my teeth.  I used to whip that technique out on stage until the time a string broke while I was doing it; the wound was minor but ugly. :P

My skills with a bullwhip would shame Indiana Jones.  This talent hasn't done much for me except impress a certain sort of sexually deviant female.

Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 12:12:47 PM »

Remember that one Happy Days episode where this guy was trying to break the world record of catching as many quarters from his elbow as possible? Well, when I saw that, I got motivated to try that myself, and over time, I found I could catch stacks of quarters from my elbow, with lightning speed.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 12:18:42 PM »

I can touch my tongue to my nose.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 12:51:24 PM »

I'm incredibly double jointed. I can bend my fingers almost all the way back to the back of my hand. I actually CAN do this, just barely, with my index finger.

Suffice to say it's really fun at parties!

Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 01:05:14 PM »

Voice impersonations.  I can do close to 60 quite convincingly.  I think my best one is my Fran Drescher although the one I'm most requested to do is Spongebob.  One time, back when my nephew was two, I did Elmo's voice and he looked at the TV.  

I gotta sit down one day with a camera, do some voices, and put that on YouTube.  

That's my most unique talent and one I have a natural aptitude for.  Anything I've ever been good at (i.e. playing bass, writing, foreign languages) I've had to work hard at it, but not voice impersonations.

Some voices I outright refuse to do or even try: Arnold, Borat, Napoleon Dynamite.  People who claim they can do voices always do one of those three and often do them terribly.  I already know I do those particular ones terribly and why imitate Napoleon Dynamite when I can imitate Police Chief Wiggum and Ralph instead?

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 01:23:53 PM »

I can hit some really high notes. A music teacher said I could probably break glass if I wanted to. I've never tried it, but maybe I should...

In any case, I put your avarage Japanese voice actress to shame.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 01:55:39 PM »

Voice impersonations for me as well. I never really thought anything of it until my sister and friends called me on it.  Maybe it came from my obsession with The Simpsons because I would(and still do) constantly go around quoting lines from the show from Homer,Burns, Duff Man or whoever.

It's not just the Simpsons though, there are others I can impersonate quite well i've been told. The effeminate mustache'd guy from Family Guy comes to mind:P

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 03:06:45 PM »

My useless talent is looking like a shaolin monk, without any of the actual ability. Give me a staff(*Cough*Floor brush handle, long balanced stick etc :P) and I can rapidly spin it in one hand. Either by throwing it over my wrist rapidly or twirling it in my fingers like a very big pen(It's actually easier than twirling a pen, momentum carries it).

I've also tried to master the art of throwing cards. Never really did though. I can crack one against a wall, but I have no accuracy and I may have to try a few times to get it to work.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 03:26:26 PM »

Usually impersonations, sound effects, and blowing spit bubbles off my tongue.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 04:01:58 PM »

I cannot be beat at air hockey.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 04:33:47 PM »

Quote from: "jphussey"
I cannot be beat at air hockey.

Sounds like if we ever hang out, it's going to be an unstoppable force versus immovable object type of battle.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Sensei Phoenix

Sensei+Phoenix
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 05:00:45 PM »

I'm pretty good at whistling and can fairly easily harmonize.

DIGIBOOTY AHOY!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: