Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 05:26:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334452 Posts in 13702 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Obscure Talents
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Obscure Talents  (Read 2439 times)
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 05:34:46 PM »

I'd be willing to put money down that I can windmill headbang better than anyone else here.  :P

I can play guitar behind my head.  I can hit some pretty high notes falsettoing.  In particular, being able to hit almost every note in Painkiller.

Skills not relating to music...  Regardless of what Country I'm in, I can make an amazing poutine through trial and error.  Curry sauce is surprisingly delicious in poutine.

For not being gay, I am absolutely fantastic with colour coordination.

Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 07:55:38 PM »

The closest thing I have to an obscure talent: I am extremely good at music/rhythm games.  

I don't mean "Guitar Hero" and "Rock Band," those are too easy.  The first time I picked up Guitar Hero, I beat every song in the game within a matter of a few hours.  If you think Bark at the Moon (Expert) is a challenging song... well, watch these:

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=KTHj8HMqQfo
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=LCWehlBYSgA

I'm talking about Beatmania IIDX and Dance Dance Revolution, both which I've played for ~8 years competitively.  I've snagged over 120 AAAs on Expert/Challenge level songs in DDR and enter tournaments as often as I can.  In 2007, I was projected to be around Rank 37 (out of like ~40000) in Japan, based on the results from SuperNOVA 1's ranking courses.  I haven't played competitively since SuperNOVA 2 came out, because Konami fucked around w/ the grading system and made changes that most of the community (myself included) weren't particularly pleased about.  That, and Pluto Relinquish is a retarded song:

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=dMzMzYEuGUU

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 09:55:37 PM »

I'm with Shig on the rhythm game thing. Me and my little brother both picked up on DDR within a few days of playing to the point where we could play MAX on hard with little to no trouble. I'm a little rusty now, but I can pick up many of the tougher songs after a couple tries.

Someone had mentioned being double jointed earlier, and I've got that one, too. Can't exactly do crazy things with my fingers (can bend my thumb back behind my knuckle, but who can't?), but my feet can turn almost all the way around and I can bend backwards so my back's nearly touching the ground.

I normally have a deep voice, but it can get annoyingly high.

Also, I can eat crazy amounts of food.

[/url]
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 10:37:06 PM »

I can um...

shit I guess I don't have many talents.

I play piano fairly well.

Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 10:51:15 PM »

Quote from: "Ramza"
I can um...

shit I guess I don't have many talents.

I play piano fairly well.

I'd trade all of my talents, financial assets, whatever - for the ability to play music.  But alas, I do not have the time/patience required to practice instruments.  Never have, and probably never will.  That's why real musicians impress the holy hell out of me.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 11:11:35 PM »

Hmm I honestly do not have any real discernible talent, save for being very successful at being a whiny little bitch.  Oh and my farts are some of the worst many people have ever smelt.  Thats really all I can think of ><

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 11:29:43 PM »

I can do this thing with my tongue that drives the girls crazy....

umm....yeah.

Actually I am just double jointed in my fingers. I can bend them all the way back.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2008, 12:34:09 AM »

For reasons unknown to me, I've always been really good at painting things. I'm not an artist by any means, but I put time and effort into my little paint projects and they've almost always turned out really well. I sold a few custom painted PS2s, GameCubes, and GBAs for pretty good sums while in high school and shortly out of high school. I wish I'd had a camera back then, because the blue-flamed PS2 I did was pretty sweet. Haven't had the time or patience to do anything in years, but I do have a blank skateboard deck I've been trying to think up a design for...

If that doesn't count then, well, I've shoveled shit for 20 years of my 23 year life thanks to always having dogs, cows, and horses. I'm a good shit shoveler.

EDIT: I guess it didn't come as a surprise when they put me in the paint department at the Home Despot I work at.
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2008, 12:36:03 AM »

My fingers are incredibly unjointed, I'll say 1/3 jointed. If I place my hand on a table I can pull my fingers back maybe 30º...maybe.

I have crazy good hearing at night as long as no one is talking to me. I'm like the invisible guy in Mystery Men, only with the ability to hear really well but only at night and only if someone isn't talking to me, then my hearing just turns off. That might have irritated my mom and the few girlfriends I've had around.

Oh which reminds me that I've been described as the most irritating person some people have ever met but they don't get rid of me. That has to be a talent :P

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2008, 01:44:53 AM »

I pick up foreign languages somewhat easily. Maybe that's not too obscure but it doesn't seem to matter if they're European or Asian or what. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2008, 07:51:42 AM »

Quote from: "Jimmy"
If that doesn't count then, well, I've shoveled shit for 20 years of my 23 year life thanks to always having dogs, cows, and horses. I'm a good shit shoveler.

Ever seen the movie Mystery Men?  (One of the main characters is The Shoveler, whose super power is that he's really good at shoveling.)

Quote from: "Shiguma"
That, and Pluto Relinquish is a retarded song:

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=dMzMzYEuGUU

Wow.  It's difficult for me to believe that anyone can actually move their feet that fast.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2008, 01:04:58 PM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
I'd be willing to put money down that I can windmill headbang better than anyone else here.  :P

I can vouch for this.

Skills not relating to music...  Regardless of what Country I'm in, I can make an amazing poutine through trial and error.  Curry sauce is surprisingly delicious in poutine.

It saddens me greatly that I can vouch for this.

For not being gay...

Wait, what?

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 02:41:14 PM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
Quote from: "jphussey"
I cannot be beat at air hockey.

Sounds like if we ever hang out, it's going to be an unstoppable force versus immovable object type of battle.

I have the ability to notice Batman references.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2008, 02:43:41 PM »

I played through, and actually loved, the battle system in XS2....now that's a hardcore talent.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2008, 05:42:54 PM »

Quote from: "Degolas"
For not being gay...

Wait, what?

Shouldn't you be getting a haircut or listening to S Club or something, mister.  :(

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: