Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 04:49:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332868 Posts in 13639 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The Nostalgia Thread.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: The Nostalgia Thread.  (Read 15113 times)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2008, 01:39:38 AM »

It surprised me nobody mentioned this.

I remember reading it every... whenever it was updated.
Angelo
Sephiroth's Girlfriend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2008, 06:29:00 AM »

Quote from: "Tomara"
I remember reading it every... whenever it was updated.

I remember defacing them for fun.  Example

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2008, 08:18:04 AM »

Whoa, really? Then Raze, you da man! :P

Yep, I haven't went anywhere :D

And yet, "Sig check" was a perfectly acceptable topic.  :)

I think she actually took a jab at me once for a avatar test and locked the thread :) Speaking of sigs, though that kind of thing wouldn't fly today, I like how everyone had their own horrible midi embedded in them.

Lets see. Some memories include Sephiroth avatar madness: Which I tried to recreate. Honestly I'm not sure if that's the same picture, but it certainly is reminiscent.

And on the avatar note the month I made up(Although Dios promoted it and really got it going) where we all used the absolute worst avatars we could find/make.

Lots of great suikoden discussion. In fact, a fandom of good games in general(Except ff7, because even though it was great it was mainstream and we were indy or something :P ). A rare fandom since it was so strong yet didn't turn us into retards. Even among the veterans we don't really have that here anymore. We like rpgs, but we don't love them. One could say they don't make them like they used to, but I think it's just a side effect of getting older. Then again there's a certain love for SMT. Maybe we just need more originality(Well, technically SMT's not really 'new', since it's been around since the nes, but relatively new style to us anyway). Or, hey, it could just be that the game journal thread stops people from opening discussions on games.

Everyone was batshit for lunar. Which promptly got me into the PS remakes and I loved them. Apparently they were best on sega cd though. I don't know if that's true or if that was the indy thing again.
Sensei Phoenix

Sensei+Phoenix
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2008, 10:30:27 AM »

Geo: Yeah, she's my wife and in February, mother of my child :)

And angelo, there was SO MUCH drama surrounding those comics, you have no idea. Probably what led to me quitting the site way back when. Wonder whatever happened to that Grey-san chick who drew it originally?

DIGIBOOTY AHOY!
Angelo
Sephiroth's Girlfriend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2008, 11:07:29 AM »

Quote from: "Raze"
We like rpgs, but we don't love them. One could say they don't make them like they used to, but I think it's just a side effect of getting older.

So true.  Even as much as I loved playing FF12, my closing thought was "Man, that story is lame."  In my more impressionable years I might have defended it to the death as profound and sensitive and {insert additional fluffy adjectives here}.

Quote from: "Sensei Phoenix"
there was SO MUCH drama surrounding those comics, you have no idea

Only cause I forgot everything Nicole told me at the time.  :)

Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2008, 11:12:34 AM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
James!  How you been, man?  You just disappeared and I always wondered what happened.

Ya, as I said I kinda got away from the internet for awhile back then, which I felt really fucking bad about because it was right after E3 and the way events worked out afterwards in my mind made it seem like "oh I went to e3, that's everything I need to do, see ya 'Fan".

Really I had like a complete personal life breakdown with work and my then relationship. I was under a lot of stress and started having panic attacks over nothing and had to go on some medication and just kinda had to build everything back up from nothing. In the end I just started drinking a lot and it worked itself out by the end of the year :P

By that time I just felt weird and never came back. I didn't even visit the site for like two years or something after I left, I just visited hoping it was still up and it was so I was pretty glad about that.

Did you guys ever do anything with wtfgames.com or whatever it was you were going to do? For some reason while remembering back then that popped into my head right now :P

SP: Congrats man that's awesome! You two definitely seemed good together.

Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2008, 11:46:17 AM »

Quote from: "Adapheon"
my then relationship

That was with Kat, right?  I always wondered how you two started going out...  Kat's insane.

Raze...  I think we all should change to Sephiroth avatars.

Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2008, 11:57:28 AM »

Kat is in fact insane. Fun insane, but insane nonetheless. It's a fun story to tell how we got together. I was single, she wanted to go out with me and bugged until I gave in :) We went out for almost two years. 19 months seems to be my relationship cutoff point as I just broke up with my girlfriend like two or three weeks ago after 19 months as well.

Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2008, 12:02:22 PM »

I see, I see.  Well, as long as it didn't end because she shat in your shoes, that's okay then.  :P

Angelo
Sephiroth's Girlfriend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2008, 12:09:54 PM »

Quote from: "Losfer"

How about sigs?  I just changed my avatar.  :)

Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2008, 12:12:37 PM »

master chef versus sephroth itt

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2008, 12:20:40 PM »

Quote from: "Angelo"
Quote from: "Losfer"

How about sigs?  I just changed my avatar.  :)

We can say the reason the little fluffy guy's nervous is Sephiroth is about to drop down and impale him.

And something needs to be done with Riker and Sephiroth. He can be browsing the forums and come across a bad fanfiction or something :P
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2008, 12:33:59 PM »

Quote from: "Raze"
Sephiroth...bad fanfiction or something :P

Funny. A few weeks ago I was talking with Dios and some other people on Skype and Dios told a bad fanfiction about Sephiroth...though I'm sure the majority of you that know him probably have heard it years ago.
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2008, 12:59:19 PM »

Speaking of Dios, why has it taken 5 pages to mention his oil of clove story?  Man, that was classic.  I was reminded of the time my suitemate freshman year in college put Tiger Balm on a pulled groin, got some of it on his sensitive areas, and was jumping around the suite like a deranged frog.  

And in the masturbation thread, I will NEVER forget Dios' claim that he sucked his own penis.  He said it took him 2 hours to get his shoulders to touch his hips so he could do it.  And I certainly hope someone quoted that scene from the movie Clerks when he told *that* story.  

Man, we could probably fill an entire nostalgia thread with Dios stories.  My personal favorite was his science project story.  It was a pretty serious one that made me say, "what the hell kind of bullshit is this?"

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2008, 01:25:11 PM »

...THE SANDWICH.

That's my favorite Dios memory.

Man, I need to go make lunch.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: