Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 01:31:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329468 Posts in 13498 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The Nostalgia Thread.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: The Nostalgia Thread.  (Read 15077 times)
Galactic

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2008, 01:51:41 PM »

Galactic doesn't remember much about the past...  But then... he was usually in an altered state back then...

^_-;

Too Galactic for you.

^_-;
Angelo
Sephiroth's Girlfriend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2008, 03:31:35 PM »

Thinking about how many weeks we've gone without a Galactic funny makes me depressed.  :-(

GIVE US A GALACTIC FUNNY.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2008, 04:17:53 PM »

lolz! I guess I don't really come here to make memories... so I'm kind of useless in this thread... *tearz* =(

I will say, however, posts and signatures are far funnier and well written here than any other forum I've frequented. =)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2008, 04:24:47 PM »

who remembers judas iscariot

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2008, 05:30:03 PM »

Quote from: "Dice"
lolz! I guess I don't really come here to make memories... so I'm kind of useless in this thread... *tearz* =(

I will say, however, posts and signatures are far funnier and well written here than any other forum I've frequented. =)

No one really comes here to make memories, memories just sort of happen.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2008, 05:38:44 PM »

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"

My God, that was beautiful.  You should write greeting cards.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2008, 05:53:58 PM »

Quote from: "D-Rider"
Quote from: "Daggerstrike"

My God, that was beautiful.  You should write greeting cards.

I don't think I mentioned today how much I fucking hate you. Here is a hint: It's a lot.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2008, 07:49:00 PM »

Phoenix.  Mana.

wat
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2008, 08:05:09 PM »

OIL OF CLOVE

The end.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2008, 08:28:28 PM »

Quote from: "Parn"
Phoenix.  Mana.

This made me google slerbik and see what the hell that resulted in, then went to the Lunar Threads and saw some old names there. Then one from the other forum I frequent.

The internet can seem surprisingly small at times.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2008, 07:25:07 PM »

Speaking of the Sephiroth avatar thing we used to do on April Fool's Day or other days, I used to use the one at the bottom here.  http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/little-princess/art2.html

It's another Little Princess: Marl Oukoku 2 av and it's of a guy who looks like a kid Sephiroth having a temper tantrum.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2008, 02:44:08 AM »

Quote from: "Dade"
OIL OF CLOVE

The end.

I believe if that story was sold in stores it would become a bestseller. It may in some far off time even outsell the bible and harry potter books combined.

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2008, 09:24:24 AM »

As I said before, not just oil of clove, but a collection of Dios stories would fill up many pages and people would just keep reading.  The boy's a lot younger than I yet he could write a memoir and have it be awesome.

Quote from: "Dincrest"
Speaking of Dios, why has it taken 5 pages to mention his oil of clove story?  Man, that was classic.  I was reminded of the time my suitemate freshman year in college put Tiger Balm on a pulled groin, got some of it on his sensitive areas, and was jumping around the suite like a deranged frog.  

And in the masturbation thread, I will NEVER forget Dios' claim that he sucked his own penis.  He said it took him 2 hours to get his shoulders to touch his hips so he could do it.  And I certainly hope someone quoted that scene from the movie Clerks when he told *that* story.  

Man, we could probably fill an entire nostalgia thread with Dios stories.  My personal favorite was his science project story.  It was a pretty serious one that made me say, "what the hell kind of bullshit is this?"

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2008, 10:40:19 AM »

Since somebody asked before, Evan (Jayde) just finished his work on Funcom's Conan game. He is living and working in Oslo, Norway.

I have been around for seven years by now, even though I hardly post on the public boards anymore. I still remember a couple of lengthy discussions I had with Third and/or Chris Holzworth over random issues. I wouldn't have the time and the nerves for this kind of stuff anymore these days.

I still have fond memories of Conformer, Tedius Zanarkando (or whatever his name was, the guy with the Final Fantasy X-based religion) and lil turk, even though back in the day I found those guys annoying as hell :P.

Generally speaking, I'm probably one of the very few people who prefers the boards the way they are now, though. Back in the "good" old days, as a staff we (including myself) wasted too much energy on the boards. Not a single week went by without several threads being turned into flame wars or some freak a la Tedius causing trouble that called for warnings, bans, etc. On top of that the boards had turned into a constant source of trouble among staff members.
Hatless

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2008, 11:41:32 AM »

I could say that I miss the good ol' days of my own blissful ignorance, but that would just be wrong.  I can hardly celebrate something like that.

Yes, I'm really Hatless.  I could explain how to use the Lemina Bug to get the Dark Scimitar, but I don't think that's necessary.  And no, I'm not insane, but I am an adult now.  Apparently, that still happens.  I have little time for RPGs, and I wouldn't consider someone who plays one RPG every one or two years to be a "fan", which makes it kind of silly for me to post on a site called "RPGFan" in the first place.

Plus there's the fact that aside from RPGs I really never had anything in common with the vast majority of you folks on here, and considering how easy it is for me to start a flamewar simply by expressing my controversial (among RPG fans) opinions, and when challenged, absolutely refusing to back down, just doesn't make for a very happy message board.  But, that's just the way it is.

However, I do still belong to the Shrine to Ghaleon boards, the very first board I ever joined, oddly enough.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: