Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 08:11:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331698 Posts in 13580 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Phantasy Star Universe stuff.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Phantasy Star Universe stuff.  (Read 14078 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 02, 2006, 06:33:39 PM »

Crapload of PSU stuff.

Videos of low level combat and other stuff.
Assorted screenshots.
Music that I extracted out of the client.

Enjoy.
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 08:52:25 AM »

ah ty for the links =) , i want this game !!

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 06:45:47 AM »

There's now more screenshots and a new video in those links.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 01:05:35 PM »

I really didn't know why people were salivating over this game.

I played PSO v1.0 for a bit and wasn't that impressed, but I was only able to play it offline so i'm sure that's why.

After watching some of these videos... I can say I'm 10x more intrigued than before.  I shall be keeping a close eye on this game.  Maybe play with some of you 'Fanners that get the Jp/us release.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 06:23:33 PM »

Quote from: "Akanbe-"
I played PSO v1.0 for a bit and wasn't that impressed, but I was only able to play it offline so i'm sure that's why.

Well yeah, that would be neutering the experience.  A lot of why PSO was fun is precisely because you could play with other people.  With PSU it's looking/sounding much better and the battle system looks like it's more frenetic than ever.  I also love the fact the default offline mode actually looks like it'll be worth playing too for those who aren't as interested in the online portion for whatever reason. :P

I don't like the fact the Xbox 360 servers are supposed to be separate from PS2/PC servers, but given the, um, reputation of Xbox live players, maybe that's for the best.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Iolaus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 07:27:00 PM »

Are you serious about the seperate 360 servers? Could you post a source or something? I really do hope not.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 07:38:33 PM »

Quote from: "Iolaus"
Are you serious about the seperate 360 servers? Could you post a source or something? I really do hope not.

Read the site :-p

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2006/1271.html

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 07:48:28 PM »

While PSO admittedly was on it's last legs when it got ported, I think the servers all being split up did it even more harm att the end. Which is why I'm glad the PS2 and PC servers are connected, but heavily disappointed that the X360 ones aren't. Yeah, there's wankers on Live, but there's wankers /everywhere/ online. At least had the servers been connected, they'd be diluted while letting us play on whatever console we want.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 09:52:38 PM »

The Japanese and US servers will also be seperated.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 09:58:11 PM »

Good. I'm tired of seeing idiots pretending to be Japanese because Japanese players are the ultimate players, or people worshipping Japanese players, while they decidedly look down upon us while calling us impolite (Which, ironically, is impolite in of itself). Besides, Japanese and English players hardly ever interact with each other from my experience in PSO and FFXI, if only for the language barrier.

I eagerly await this game. You get a million brownie points for getting me fired up, Parn.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 10:05:53 PM »

Quote from: "Parn"
The Japanese and US servers will also be seperated.
Damn, they're doing that? Wonder if that could've played some part in the XBox Live seperation.

I remember how they were advertizing that PSO would let you play with anyone around the world. Guess Sonic Team thought that was an overrated concept. Ah well, I don't really care as long as they don't seperate every nation or something stupid.
Ventrue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 10:42:19 AM »

Great media Parn. I thought it would have more songs though D:
My beef with PSO is that as much as they say it's online and all it doesnt feel like a MMO as much as FFXI or WoW for example. I wonder if they fixed that on PSU.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 03:55:57 PM »

Quote from: "Ventrue"
My beef with PSO is that as much as they say it's online and all it doesnt feel like a MMO as much as FFXI or WoW for example. I wonder if they fixed that on PSU.

No, unless maybe if you compared it to Guild Wars.

Geez, why does everyone keep calling PSO an MMO? It was revealed not to be shortly after it was revealed, and there' no persistant world or anything, nor does it play the same; at least Guild Wars has that. :P
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 05:56:36 PM »

There's not a lot of music because this is all from the beta client.

Everything feels larger than PSO, but it's still the same basic mechanics.  Anyone going into the game expecting MMORPG styled persistant worlds is in for a rude awakening.
LoneVandal
Banninated

LoneVandal LoneVandal
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2006, 04:57:50 AM »

Quote from: "Ventrue"
Great media Parn. I thought it would have more songs though D:

I'm so fucking glad it doesn't feel like those.  Those games are horrible addictions that I would not hesitate to place alongside alcohol or other mind-altering substances.

Part of the joy of PSO was that you could pick it up, play for an hour, GET SOMETHING DONE, and put it down.  Not that I ever did...  The point remains valid though.  Don't feed me bullshit about how WoW is like that either, once you get to 60 if you want to see any of the cool end game shit expect to grind away even longer than you did getting to 60 on getting faction, or any number of other artificial prerequisites to being "ubered out".

Also, I am very glad party size limits are restricted to 6 or whatever.  When you need to organize 40 disciplined people to get something done it stops being a game any more.

wat
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: