Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 02:20:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335242 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  New NCSOFT MMORPG announced: Blade & Soul
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New NCSOFT MMORPG announced: Blade & Soul  (Read 3714 times)
calintz

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 31, 2008, 08:02:32 PM »

http://www.n4g.com/News-177503.aspx
‘Blade&Soul’ is an Oriental Martial Arts MMORPG that breaks the traditional confined and monotonous game plays, providing the gamers a completely new experience. It is expected to open a new dimension of MMORPG through ‘game environment alteration,’ ‘expansion of tasks that a character can carry out within the game.’

The Oriental world portrayed by its unique graphics, diverse stories embedded in Oriental fantasy tales, and maximized action that has never been witnessed in online games until now will lead gamers to a completely new experience.

Product Information
Publisher: NCsoft
Developer: NCsoft
Genre: Oriental Martial Arts MMORPG
Release date: N/A

Main Characteristics

• Oriental Martial Arts Action: It is full of symbolic and well known Oriental martial art elements such as ‘Energy Ball’, ‘Inner Energy’, ‘Swift jump,’ etc. The important themes of Oriental martial art fantasies such as justice and chivalry are richly spread throughout the game by means of martial art.

• Oriental-features: Breaking away from the traditional medieval fantasy world, it takes an Oriental mysticism as the background environment. The basic world-view is based on the Korean myth ‘Song of Genesis,’ and the factions within the game are also modeled after Korean mythological characters

• Constantly Changing Environment: Within ‘Blade&Soul,’ many conditions change according to the play of the gamer, on the other hand, the environment creates diverse situations for the gamers. This system will provide the gamers with a new experience that has not been witnessed until now.

• Powerful Action: The main motto of battles within ‘Blade&Soul’ is ‘super powerful action’ that can distinguish itself from existing games. Players can knock back opponents and use diverse fancy skills according to the condition the gamers are posed in. The game aspires to provide battles that are enjoyable even by just watching them. Everyone can enjoy the battles of ‘Blade&Soul’ through simple comtrol.

meh...
not really a big MMO player
but... this one looks to have Hyung Tae Kim designs, so I'm interested :p

tho, it does look like a Magna Carta MMORPG hahaha

more pretty pics here:
http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=181388&category=104&subcategory=
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 02:28:36 AM »

Kind of funny how much attention and detail the Koreans are always giving to the characters' boobs.

If this is what the game looks like in real time I might actually try it out for laughs. I'm a bit disappointed how vacuous and boring the character faces look though.

The art looks like it's from the Magna Carta guy...love his art. =P
calintz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 02:44:19 AM »

yep, its Hyung-Tae Kim

rumor is that this maybe a new MMORPG for the PS3...
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 04:25:37 PM »

Here's a long streaming video of the game, looks amazing.

http://bns.plaync.co.kr/
ValendianKnight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 02:19:59 PM »

yep, its Hyung-Tae Kim

rumor is that this maybe a new MMORPG for the PS3...

I'd love that if only because my PC can't run a game that looks like that and because I know the PS3 can. Also, I wouldn't mind having a MMORPG to play on one of my consoles, preferably on the PS3.

"Life Ends so fast, so take your chance and make it last..."
-Chuck Schuldiner(Death)
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 09:33:00 AM »

I'll pass. Not that I'm the biggest supporter of either MMORPGs or Hyung-Tae Kim's awful design sense, but the game's entire look puts me off. Every time I see something Kim's touched, it oozes style but lacks any substance. Yech.
Kiem

kiemofsophos@hotmail.com Kiemofsophos
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 10:35:57 AM »

I'll pass because it's Korean and they are notorious for making beautiful MMOs which play like a high school computer class project. I'll buy the artbook, and leave the game alone. Unless, of course, a free demo comes out and I'll see for myself how the game plays. Oh and Koreans LOVE a grind fest...I do not.

But yes, I love how the game looks.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: