Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 03:20:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318867 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Site Related & More
| |-+  RPGFan: The Boards
| | |-+  attitudes + rpgfan
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: attitudes + rpgfan  (Read 7647 times)
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 05:03:47 PM »

Quote from: "Dade"
I think I can speak for Daggerstrike and Darkrider a little bit when I say:

Yes, we are cranky, yes we are assholes, but you're (that is...the royal YOU, not you specifically, terrencelee) are a moron for taking it so personally.

Why. So. Serious?

Cuz da intarwebz is serius biniss.

You guys always say not to take the forums seriously, but thats just not how some people are. I take everything seriously because I don't have time to play around. I find it pointless and stupid and I could be doing something meaningful with those precious minutes. Not to mention I think plenty of other people here like to take stuff seriously as well. Plus it is really hard to figure out when you are *actually* being serious or not. You can't convey emphasis and crap with text as well as you can talking to them in person. Not trying to be a loser here, but just speaking my mind.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 05:31:46 PM »

Whoa!  Wait, wait, wait.

People here have bad attitudes?

...Really?

I don't think I can believe that.  I don't think I've read a single swear word that Daggerstrike has posted.  I've only ever seen Dade post wholesome and work safe images.  DR's never humiliated anyone that he's banned.

Really, this place should be called LOVEfan.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 05:44:42 PM »

I'm going to put this bluntly.

1.  I'm not in the business of moderating personalities.  People are who they are, and they act how they act.  If I went around banning people because I didn't like what they had to say or how they said it, our member list would be a hell of a lot shorter than it is.

2.  We have rules.  I enforce them when needed.  I rarely need to these days.  I've banned three people in the past three months.  It wasn't uncommon for me to do that many in a week back when I first started.  Things are better now than they've ever been, no matter what some Johnny-come-lately might think.

3.  I joined these boards in March 2002.  Since 2005, I've been in charge of them.  I wouldn't have invested that much time here if I didn't think this was the best fucking community on the internet.  With that said, I realize it's not for everyone.  If you're not enjoying your time here, I recommend looking for another message board to post at.  It'll only save you grief in the long run.

Discussion over. :P

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: