Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 03:45:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318867 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Mike Patton's solo venture, Peeping Tom
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mike Patton's solo venture, Peeping Tom  (Read 1700 times)
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 02, 2006, 11:09:45 PM »

Yeah, so, this is releasing on May 30. It's Patton's solo album, that has been in development for years. I've heard a handful of tracks already, and it's the BIZZOMB! I suggest everyone check it out. If anyone is familiar with his involvement in his past band, (now defunct) Mr. Bungle, it sounds similar to that. But to be fair, it has it's own unique style.

Thoughts?
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 04:48:14 PM »

I've heard a lot of good things about Mr. Bungle, and Mike Patton seems to be some sort of legend, so this does interest me.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 01:38:02 AM »

Sorry to go off topic, but on a quick note, do check out his involvement with the X-ecutioners. The album is called General Patton vs X-ecutioners. I was impressed with it.

Back on topic, I listened to more songs, and my favorite song is probably "Sucker", featuring Norah Jones. I'm not really a fan of her work, but she came off well on the song. The chorus was amusing.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 07:27:20 AM »

I can only imagine what would happen if Mike Patton and Devin Townsend joined forces.  It'd either be world salvation or world destruction.  

And Merk, if you want to hear some Mike Patton in a more accessible form, I recommend the Faith No More albums "The Real Thing" (this is a classic album that belongs in every collection; it has "Epic" and "Falling to Pieces" on it) and "Angel Dust" which is just such an amazing album with a diverse array of sonic textures.  The general mood is pretty dark, even with the more humorous songs like "RV" and "Be Aggressive" with the cheerleaders in the chorus.  You get real mellow songs like "RV" up to full death metal flesh-tearing with "Malpractice" and "Jizzlobber."

I approve of this nonsense!
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 10:46:39 PM »

Thanks, Dincrest. I'll give those a listen. I'm a little wary of "death metal flesh-tearing", but I'll see. :D
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 01:04:01 AM »

OK...this is news to me.  I'm a HUGE Faith no More fan and i thought that their last studio album was leaning towards "Bungle" territory but while that was great, i could never reallly "get into" Mr. Bungle. Still, i'll have to check this out because Mike Patton is the shit.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: