Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 04:44:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334701 Posts in 13707 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of Vesperia - Special Edition
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Tales of Vesperia - Special Edition  (Read 26570 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 04, 2008, 07:13:59 PM »

http://blogs.ign.com/NB_TalesOfVesperia/2008/08/04/98266/

The special edition version of the game comes in a SteelBook case with its own unique cover art by longtime Tales character designer Kosuke Fujishima. The packaging itself is really high-quality, but what’s inside is even more exciting. We’ve combed through the music archives at Tales Studio in Japan and put together a bonus 10th anniversary soundtrack CD that will be included in every special edition package. Covering some of the series’ musical highlights from past and present, the CD contains 25 tracks, with 14 songs from Tales of Vesperia, two from Tales of Phantasia, two from Tales of Destiny, four from Tales of Symphonia and three from Tales of the Abyss.

The special edition version of Tales of Vesperia will be available in limited quantities exclusively through select retailers for a suggested retail price of $69.99. Tales of Vesperia ships to retailers on August 26, so check back here soon for more information about the game!

This is totally mine.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 07:23:11 PM »

I'm just going to go with the regular edition. Every freaking game nowadays has a special edition and I rarely find them worth it.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 07:26:22 PM »

If it sticks around and I like Abyss enough, I may get it. I've been losing interest in CEs, especially after MGS4's felt like a rip off, but this isn't as overpriced as that one and it's nice to have a special case. Also, I like having music CDs.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 08:58:08 PM »

There are "certain reseason's" why I don't care about the Music CD....  and after FF12's special edition box felt like a waste of $10 extra bucks to the price tag... I feel at no loss.

And even though I LOVE Fujishima, I hate his Tales of character collages.  They looked like they took less than an hour to colour.

EDIT: Why is it the 26th of August now from the 19th??? T_T
In time for school...gee golly.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 09:08:16 PM »

I dunno, FFXII's didn't bug me, probably because the case was pretty nice. Then again I could've waited like 3 months and gotten it for $30, so that's probably a poor example.

MGS4's a case that I felt ripped off though. $25 more, dropped in a month to $70, and the bonuses are just a box with good art on it, a blu-ray, and a music CD. I suppose individually it evens out, a a $5 box and $10 music CD with $10 documentary blu-ray, but I dunno. I'm not a big fan of those making of things usually, and there's been way better LEs for less - just check out Fallout 3's, $5 bucks less but in a giant ass box with a bunch of great and outright silly additions! It probably doesn't help MGS4's case though that the game packaging itself was rather bland for such a major release. B&W manual, no art for the interior of the cover jacket, and the same image thrown on the cover/manual/disc. That doesn't really change anything, but it added up to leave a bad taste in my mouth considering that this is THE third-party killer app. Then again most LEs don't include the original game's packaging alongside all the other bonuses, and I could always have been screwed with a case that's actually less convenient, which was the case for Gears of War and Mass Effect.
calintz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 09:18:22 PM »

I really don't care much for Special Editions... games are games - most of the extras are really not worth the price sometimes
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 09:27:42 PM »

I might pay more for the fancy case if I have the money. Really the music is okay but I don't listen to a lot of game music outside of games, most of the time it doesn't interest me but I can be surprised sometimes.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 09:31:16 PM »

They should be like Atlus and include that shit for FREE.
calintz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 09:37:06 PM »

then that I wouldn't mind if it was free

all this special cases and what-not, really doesn't fit into my shelf, and the soundtracks are kinda throwaway, and artbooks are nothing special too - our special editions really don't compare to the ones you get in japan

to each their own, i guess
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 09:40:37 PM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"
They should be like Atlus and include that shit for FREE.

P3 probably would've been $40 if they didn't include the box/artbook/music CD. Admittedly though most people more or less give music CDs for free as pre-order bonuses.
Juan_Blue

Bluejuan85@aol.com Bluejuan85@yahoo.com
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 10:14:36 PM »

I'm sorry for the dumb question but is the special edition only available in Japan or US. If it is the US I'll get it.

Currently Playing:
Call of Duty 4 (PS3), Persona 3: FES (PS2), Tales of Eternia (PSP)

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 10:23:18 PM »

Quote from: "Juan_Blue"
I'm sorry for the dumb question but is the special edition only available in Japan or US. If it is the US I'll get it.

Yeah, to be blunt it is a dumb question since glancing at the beginning of the first paragraph and the packaging would've been enough to show it's the American version. ESRB rather than CERO (and also the Bandai Namco logo rather than just Namco, but I don't really expect everyone to know they still keep them separate for games in Japan) as well as an American price tag.
Juan_Blue

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 10:28:04 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"

Yeah, to be blunt it is a dumb question since glancing at the beginning of the first paragraph and the packaging would've been enough to show it's the American version. ESRB rather than CERO (and also the Bandai Namco logo rather than just Namco, but I don't really expect everyone to know they still keep them separate for games in Japan) as well as an American price tag.

Well yeah I did look at the first post but I didn't see anywhere the word North America. I just looked up the release date and its the same listed so just as you said the SE version is USA since it is part of the 10th anniversary.

Currently Playing:

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2008, 10:29:29 PM »

Well yeah I did look at the first post but I didn't see anywhere the word North America.

Well, the guy writing it did say he was from the American division.
Juan_Blue

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2008, 10:52:21 PM »

I didn't click on the first post link to site so I only got half of the the information.

Currently Playing:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: