Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 05:43:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331351 Posts in 13571 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Site Related & More
| |-+  RPGFan: The Boards
| | |-+  ATTENTION
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ATTENTION  (Read 7660 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 20, 2008, 08:04:44 PM »

Do you like these phpBB boards?  If so, then kiss them goodbye, because they're going away sometime next week.  The changeover to the new board system is expected to be painless:  topics and post counts aren't going to vanish if everything goes well.

Still, in the off chance something goes wrong and the boards go down, I thought I'd give you folks some advance warning. :P

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 08:07:46 PM »

Are you just upgrading to a different type of PHP, or is this to something like vBulletin?
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 08:55:15 PM »

FUCK.

It's like an impending natural disaster.

I can see a giant flaming meteor with Mark's face on it flying this way already.

A tidal wave with John's face smiling coming from the East.

And here comes DR.  Flying a space destroyer shaped like a Gibson SG.

They say there will be no casualties, but I expect yellow and pink board colors.  :(((

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 09:21:41 PM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
FUCK.

It's like an impending natural disaster.

That could work with either outcome!
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 09:42:18 PM »

The first order of business will be making the forums pink. We shall rise up against this Irish tyranny and dispose of Eric's leprechaunian evil. WE SHALL PREVAIL! :O

But seriously, I don't predict any major problems. It may happen earlier/later than DR has put forth. I'm sort of in a creative mood, so the board may happen sooner. I also worked an hour and a half of overtime today, which put me in a really shitty mood, so the board may be delayed if this crap keeps happening.

Clients who call when you're about to get off work at 5? Vile, vile people. .v.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 08:44:29 PM »

Quote from: "Hidoshi"
The first order of business will be making the forums pink. We shall rise up against this Irish tyranny and dispose of Eric's leprechaunian evil. WE SHALL PREVAIL! :O

But seriously, I don't predict any major problems. It may happen earlier/later than DR has put forth. I'm sort of in a creative mood, so the board may happen sooner. I also worked an hour and a half of overtime today, which put me in a really shitty mood, so the board may be delayed if this crap keeps happening.

Clients who call when you're about to get off work at 5? Vile, vile people. .v.

Still working that gay sex line?

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Hidoshi

Built This House

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 12:04:32 PM »

Today's the big day. Everything is changing over. Hold tight, 'cause by 3pm Eastern Standard Time, we're gonna see a whole lotta changes.

By the way, due to the nature of the update, IF you post within ten minutes of the update, chances are that some things may be lost. I basically do a database backup and then upload it, which can take awhile. I'll probably turn these boards off and mark them [unavailable] while the database update happens, but even so, you has been forewarned.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 12:40:12 PM »

*Gently carresses his post count.*

I love you...  Please, never leave me.

Hidoshi

Built This House

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 02:09:04 PM »

Oh God I'm a horrible liar. This may take a bit longer. I didn't realise the new system had so many icons. o_O

But yeah... only about a half hour's delay if all goes well.
Hidoshi

Built This House

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 05:17:16 PM »

All right. The conversion's done for the most part, but there ARE some pretty glaring graphical problems. I'm aware of these. In the week to follow, I hope to iron out every last one of them. As it stands, these forums do have full functionality, better security and administration tools than our last setup, and overall are easier to control.
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 11:06:45 PM »

I like the SMF software, I have joined boards that used it and I think it is a better alternative than phpbb.  I remember seeing an announcement months ago about you changing the software so I am surprised to log in and see everything changed.  I thought that the change had been forgotten about.

Hidoshi

Built This House

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 11:36:35 PM »

Hells dawg, you think I'd leave this hangin'. Fo' shame yo!

Naw, but seriously, we're all done. I think this software should last us quite a few years without problem.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: