Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 08:58:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334757 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Dungeons & Dragons Online free trial.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dungeons & Dragons Online free trial.  (Read 2336 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2006, 05:55:14 PM »

Saw this on PA's site, and will sign up for it. Anyone else either playing it currently or interested in jumping on too?
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 11:04:18 PM »

Downloading it as we speak.

DDO is one of those MMO's that I keep hearing about, that I know no one who plays, and that intrigues the hell out of me.

I'm stoked.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 11:34:13 PM »

I made a warforged named Zilog. Just got to Stormreach but no further. I can meet up with you tomorrow.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 11:55:43 PM »

Hoobajoob...yes ive played the beta, and I was...underwhelmed?   Just doesnt feel like DnD to me...to...I dunno.  And as a MMORPG...repetative..in the worse sense?  Graphics are fairly nice though...

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 12:59:29 AM »

I forgot to note: I created on the server Sarlona. So if you wanna play with me, then it's that server. But since I just started, I'm not against restarting on a different one.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 09:17:59 AM »

I purchased the game, and just like the pen and paper game it is meant to be played with a group. There are no solo quests beyond the first island and maybe one or two of the first quests you get in Stormreach. You need a group. You need a relatively full group. Since I didn't have anyone other than my fiancee that played, it wasn't all that fun to die all the time.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Kiem

kiemofsophos@hotmail.com Kiemofsophos
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 05:03:24 PM »

I wanna try this game as well, but its kinda final semester and I don't need a new addiction >.>
Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 05:49:35 PM »

Hey Ambrey, I just looked through your talents, your combat build with Daggers? how do you work that @_@

Kiem

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 07:10:36 PM »

I'm PvE build? All I'm really missing from a typical dagger build is Opportunity and I just don't Ambush that often. Plus, Blade Flurry + Adrenaline is an awesome combo for shaman ganking :)
Ark

me irl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 12:41:09 AM »

Opportunity works with backstab, as well. If you aren't taking opportunity, you're gimping a fucking shitload of your own damage, even in PVE.
Kiem

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006, 09:01:30 AM »

I think I just felt insulted right there. I know it works with Backstab, but because I swap weapons very often, from dagger to fist, I really don't always have the mobs back. Not to mention the fact that my guild has enough rogues with that same build. Also, I'm working towards Thunderfury, so I'm getting back into the Combat spec since I was 30/8/13 for the longest time so I wanted to change things up and get Blade Flurry to help run friends through instances...man, I'm just gonna stop right there, explaining myself..what was I thinking?
Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2006, 12:03:47 PM »

Ah, now I see Ambrey, I understand. Becuase you use fists also, makes sense. I am assasination. I know a guy who is combat build with High Warlord Fist weapons and he can annhilate any warrior in about 15 seconds with adreneline rush =) awesome.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: