Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 07:17:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338512 Posts in 13855 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Famitsu reveals new Tecmo title, Wind of Nostalgia (for DS)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Famitsu reveals new Tecmo title, Wind of Nostalgia (for DS)  (Read 1781 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 02, 2008, 05:50:04 PM »

Forget looking ahead to E3 -- today is the name for new DS game announcements. Despite their current issues, Tecmo is still kicking around, and is set to release Wind of Nostalgia, an action game from developer Matrix Software. Matrix has handled Square Enix's Final Fantasy III and IV for the DS, and the similarity is obvious in the snippets revealed on the one-page announcement in Famitsu.

Wind of Nostalgia is scheduled for a Japanese release this year. Also looks like it will feature some pretty spiffy airships. We'll get more on this one as details are released.

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/07/02/famitsu-reveals-new-tecmo-title-wind-of-nostalgia/#comments

I'm surprised there are any employees to finish the game.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 05:59:27 PM »

Don't forget that they made Alundra! Hell, that alone has me pretty interested, them doing their own thing again after Alundra II kinda had everyone hate it.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 06:00:34 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Don't forget that they made Alundra! Hell, that alone has me pretty interested, them doing their own thing again after Alundra II kinda had everyone hate it.

Did they? It's been a long time since I've played it. I didn't think it was Tecmo. For some reason I thought it was Hudson.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 06:06:56 PM »

Quote from: "Lard"
Did they? It's been a long time since I've played it. I didn't think it was Tecmo. For some reason I thought it was Hudson.

Neither did, Matrix Software were the ones that developed it. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have said anything.
jj984jj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 06:13:08 AM »

Website is open:
http://www.tecmo.co.jp/product/nostalgio/top.html
jj984jj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 01:18:15 AM »

1UP has put up a preview of the game:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169062

Sorry for the double post, would rather not make a new thread since it's just a translation of the Famitsu details.
faridmon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 05:33:47 PM »

alos, Matrix is devoloping Avlon Code. two IPs for Matrix and its thier first, am on board just to see how good are their devoloping team.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 06:53:09 PM »

Quote from: "faridmon"
alos, Matrix is devoloping Avlon Code. two IPs for Matrix and its thier first, am on board just to see how good are their devoloping team.

They made Alundra on the Playstation. This is hardly their first time developing their own games.
faridmon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 02:35:13 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Quote from: "faridmon"

They made Alundra on the Playstation. This is hardly their first time developing their own games.
wasn't alundra based on a franchise, i thought it was.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: