Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 02:33:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335189 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  RPG Maker project
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: RPG Maker project  (Read 23210 times)
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2008, 06:34:33 PM »

I've been in a retro mood, and been nearly finished playing some other games I've started a while back so I bought the game and gave this a shot. Started off alright, but hours into it, it's growing on me more. In RPGs, I usually like character interactions, especially since I feel newer RPGs lack that or simply not as interesting/ don't care about anyone. I'm having fun thus far. :)

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2008, 06:09:27 AM »

Thank you very much TurnBasedDude :)

Note that this game is only a warm-up to me, so if you love it keep an eye on my next games.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2008, 08:04:37 AM »

I'm looking forward to playing this game. I dug the screens. Keep up the great work, blackthirteen.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2008, 03:01:03 PM »

Not sure if it's been asked, but is there every a chance for stuff like this to come out on XNA Community games?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 03:02:44 PM by Thoren » Logged
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2008, 06:42:48 PM »

This project won't be compatible for XNA (or XBOX arcade Live), but some of my next project will have this feature.
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2008, 09:49:23 AM »

Zelda Mystery of Solarus

I just discovered this Fan Project. I don't know if there's an English version for this one, but I tried it and the vibe seems really strong, very close to A Link to the Past.

The website (French):
http://www.zelda-solarus.com/

They are also working on a new project called: Zelda Mercuris' Chest (English Demo):
http://www.zelda-solarus.com/jeux.php?jeu=zmc&zone=english

It's free and an awesome project lead by fans.
Jylan

No place to run Coward!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2008, 11:43:59 AM »

I picked this up yesterday after reading the review on the main site. The game is quite addicting, and I had a difficult time prying myself away from it in order to go to bed. Very well done, and a very interesting story so far.

My multi-boxing World of Warcraft blog.

araydendj.blogspot.com
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2009, 03:06:59 PM »

I've noticed a lot of little textual errors. I wrote a few of them down, and I'll post them later, but I'd recommend getting someone to do some proof reading and consistency checking and what not. I'm getting the impression that whoever wrote the text is a native German speaker.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2009, 06:29:44 PM »

French speaker, actually.  Laxius Force also had its share of scriptwriting foibles because its writer is also French.  I mentioned that point in my reviews of both games.  Still, I'll take it over Engrish any day. 
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 06:44:23 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2009, 10:22:28 PM »

outdated info.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 05:01:17 PM by blackthirteen » Logged
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2009, 10:35:37 PM »

I'm not trying to be super-critical or anything. I'm just saying, going over it with a buddy and doing some editting can give that extra bit of polish, and you'll learn things for your next game to boot.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2009, 12:30:41 AM »

I played the 1 hour trial version and loved every second. I felt like I was 8 years old ago trying to understand what the heck critical hit meant. Once my paycheck hits in, I'll be more than happy to pick up the game for some more nostalgia.

Ah! The Puzzles were fun as well. They reminded me of Wild Arms, which I'm a pretty huge fan of. This game is totally hitting the right spots for me as I play and can not wait to pick up the actual game.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2009, 12:54:00 AM »

I'm not trying to be super-critical or anything. I'm just saying, going over it with a buddy and doing some editting can give that extra bit of polish, and you'll learn things for your next game to boot.

Sure, it's a wonderful idea :)

I played the 1 hour trial version and loved every second. I felt like I was 8 years old ago trying to understand what the heck critical hit meant. Once my paycheck hits in, I'll be more than happy to pick up the game for some more nostalgia.

Ah! The Puzzles were fun as well. They reminded me of Wild Arms, which I'm a pretty huge fan of. This game is totally hitting the right spots for me as I play and can not wait to pick up the actual game.

Very glad to hear it, and I hope it will inspire you for you personal game project as well :D

« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 01:07:44 AM by blackthirteen » Logged
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2009, 01:04:00 AM »

Very glad to hear it, and I hope it will inspire you for you personal game project as well :D

Oh, it has. ;)

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2009, 01:09:07 AM »

outdated info.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 05:01:46 PM by blackthirteen » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: