Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 10:15:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338670 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Why to tell somebody you love them
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why to tell somebody you love them  (Read 675 times)
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 09, 2008, 06:35:33 AM »

G'day RPGFan forum-goers. I'm sure some of you may remember me from such posts as ones that made you hate me, or ones that made you like me, who knows~  I'm not here to troll or to be a jerk (amazing, I know), but instead, I'd like to share something I feel is important.

And that thing is telling your loved ones, simply, that you love them.

Before any mods move this to the formerly-known-as Art Corner forums, please read the chapter that has been posted before you make your decision. I am not solely posting this to show off, brag, or otherwise plug my work. I am sincerely trying to make a social commentary point about the value, importance, and integrity of love between human beings.

If you sincerely feel the absolute need to move this thread, that is of course your own choice. I only ask that you understand, as you full well know, many people simply do not read that forum––I would hate for what could otherwise be a topic of discussion to be throw into a void that nobody reads. Please understand I am not here to troll, be an opinionated jerk, or degrade your forums.

I simply want to express a message, and this is the most apt way to do it.

Thank you for your understanding, in advance.

Click here to read

Or

Read the preface first:

A couple years back, I decided I wanted to become an author. An arduous, patience-tying, difficult path to truly go down. I decided if I wanted to really get good at it, I'd have to write something seriously. So I decided to take something I know very well, and novelize it, figuring I could learn a decent bit trying something like this, and have some fun while doing it.

Well, after I'd spent about eight months novelizing Phantasy Star Online, I thought "wow, a lot of people say I'm not that bad––I wonder if I should post it up on RPGFan to see what people think...?" Well, I did, and the only reactions I received were utter beratement, slander, and negativity. I took it with a grain of salt, knowing none of it was critique, and mere immaturity.

I took sixteen full months to write both Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 and 2 in novel format, using both myself and Parn's characters as the central protagonists. Lot more of that, but that isn't what this post is about. I spent well over a year to teach myself how to write, for the sole purpose that I could write what I really have wanted to write all my life.

A story I call War Chronicles.

WC is a very, very lengthy and very epic story that spans roughly 9,000 pages, and goes across roughly ten full-length books. These are not individual stories based in one world, they are, in fact, a single utterly tremendous story that spans from the beginning, to the end of time. I wrote the two PSO novels to learn how to get better, because my heart and soul are in War Chronicles, and I wanted them to be as good as I could possibly make them. So I spent well over a year practicing just to be satisfied with it.

I'm actually still writing War Chronicles, and have been for the last three years––and I've loved every minute of it. At current, every word I've written is registered with the WGAw, so I've no fear of plagiarism, which is why I am posting this here.

Just for fun, here's an idea of what the character "Dios" looks like.

http://duck.hidoshi.com/dios_gx.jpg

Dios has been a character in my head for as long as I can remember. Kind of my childhood idea of what a hero is, or supposed to be. I have a fascination with writing all sorts of characters, writing in different narrative styles, and above all, putting emotion, and heart into what I write.

This is one chapter of the seventh book, which takes place from the years 14,000B.C. into the year 5597A.D. (I find it funny we as a people do not use commas in the A.D. years––maybe I'm stupid, I don't know). There are a few things in this particular chapter that will go over your head, in specific, the purpose of the Tower of Babylon, who Dmitri is, and the importance of Dios' brother Ark.

Anyway, I think I've prattled on enough. Any comments, opinions, or critique are more than welcome; here, or by contacting me on AIM or MSN.

As a closing thought, any readers who are emotional, your opinions will be most appreciated, since this is written for people like you.

---

As for what I'm wondering, to anyone who has read this chapter, what are your thoughts? Have you told your loved ones that you loved them recently? If this chapter in any way affects you, moves you, or makes your heart stir, I implore you to pick up the phone, call your mother, father, your brother or sister, and simply tell them that you love them. You may find yourself very surprised; it can really brighten up someone's day.

Have you helped make someone's day better by telling them you love them? If so, share your fuzzy feelings about a time you have. I am a sincere advocate that love is the most important thing in life, and I thoroughly enjoy hearing about life's "smaller" things that make people's days better.

Cheers,
Tony
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: