Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 05:19:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338316 Posts in 13850 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The Megahyper Summer Olympics Thread O'Awesome
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: The Megahyper Summer Olympics Thread O'Awesome  (Read 11928 times)
Dangerous Person
AMG A GIRL

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2008, 03:16:01 PM »

I saw Phelps beat Cavic. What an awesome, but nerve-wracking race that was. -phew- It really looked like he was gonna lose!  

Crazy. :D

Post-breakup Kermit covers Chevelle, darkness ensues!
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2008, 03:43:12 PM »

Quote from: "kyuusei"
So Canada finally gets a medal after seven days. No wait, make that three. Bwuh? Two in women's wrestling (of all things - one gold, too) and one in men's doubles rowing.

Huh. That's more like it...

I guess we have a bunch of chances in rowing... but they said that in Athens and look where that got us =P

...I don't think I've even seen a Canadian yet. :P

EDIT:  Oh wait, I have:  those horrible synchronized divers. :P

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2008, 08:36:15 PM »

I'm actually genuinely bothered by the whole "let's focus on Canadians" thing that CBC does. I don't expect fair and balanced focus from any station in the Olympics, but I personally prefer to cheer on the athletes giving it their best. I don't care how many gold medals Canada wins -- it's cool if they do win at certain things, but it isn't the first thing on my mind. I want to see how awesome these athletes are doing, not which country has more medals.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2008, 11:08:23 AM »

I can't imagine anyone would ever want to touch her

ouch

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2008, 03:06:49 PM »

Quote from: "Hidoshi"
I'm actually genuinely bothered by the whole "let's focus on Canadians" thing that CBC does. I don't expect fair and balanced focus from any station in the Olympics, but I personally prefer to cheer on the athletes giving it their best. I don't care how many gold medals Canada wins -- it's cool if they do win at certain things, but it isn't the first thing on my mind. I want to see how awesome these athletes are doing, not which country has more medals.

I think that is how it is everywhere.  US Olympic Coverage has focused on the US Swim Team and Gymnastics Team.  You'd have to watch at some outrageous hours, or during certain sport off times to catch anything else, otherwise it's live coverage of re runs of those sports.  And any other sport they show, it's either if a US Team is playing or a Chinese Team is playing since for some reason this Olympics is about China vs. US here.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2008, 03:36:01 PM »

Man, it's cool that those three Americans swept the medals in the hurdles last night and all, but why the fuck was the winner wearing sunglasses in the middle of the night?  That shit went out in the 80s, son.

In other news:  CHRISTMAS LIGHTS DON'T GO IN TEH WATER, SPAIN

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: