Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 11:45:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341150 Posts in 13943 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Dating people younger than yourself
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Dating people younger than yourself  (Read 6580 times)
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 04:58:42 PM »

When I was 21, I dated a 31 year old. Let's put it this way: it was a learning experience.

However, I don't regret it one bit. As long as the time you spend with the person is great times and you're having fun and enjoying one another's company, that's all that matters. Just don't go into the relationship with any expectations.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 05:49:55 PM »

Funny thing: all women who are actually attracted to me act like kids, even when they're older than me, which annoys me because my objects of affections are always older than me (and often, more mature). I can say without exception that in every relationship I've ever had, I've had to be the adult in the relationship.

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 06:13:52 PM »

Life station is just as important as age.  A 25 year old corporate careerperson is in a wholly different life station than a 25 year old who's working on a Masters or PhD in grad school.  Even that nebulous concept of maturity is played out differently in these scenarios.  A mature student is different from a mature careerperson.  

And if you're 19 and in college dating someone who's 17 and still in high school, though it's only a 2 year age gap the difference in life station can be a big deal.  And that's not even taking into account long distance.

As for the 7 year age gap, if you're talking 14 vs. 21 it's pedo creepy.  But if you're talking 31 vs. 38 the gap there is pretty much meaningless.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2008, 06:26:56 PM »

My last relationship was pretty much a full year of non-stop responsibility on my part with no responsibility on the part of the other party. Same thing happen in the relationship before that and the one before that so I'm of the opinion that either I have the worst ability to pick women or they just all suck :P

I can't seem to get out of a relationship without a light wallet.

For the girl I'm talking about she's fairly mature for her age, of course she's still 18, she's still in the formative time for determing how the rest of her life is going to go so I have to keep in mind that things may be mercurial in some ways. Life has a silly way of making sure that nothing's easy.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2008, 06:55:46 PM »

Quote from: "Adapheon"
My last relationship was pretty much a full year of non-stop responsibility on my part with no responsibility on the part of the other party. Same thing happen in the relationship before that and the one before that so I'm of the opinion that either I have the worst ability to pick women or they just all suck :P

I can't seem to get out of a relationship without a light wallet.

A lot of that going around lately, apparently.

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2008, 07:27:43 PM »

You're fine. As people grow older, say 18-19 and up, the age gap matters less and less. My parents are twelve years apart and they met when I mom was in her early twenties. Big deal. It matters more how well you guys relate to each other on the mental/emotional level.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2008, 10:02:27 PM »

I say if she is old enough to pee she is old enough for me! Also...if she is old enough to crawl she is in the right position.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2008, 10:31:32 PM »

I can see it now.

*baby pops out of the uterus*
*Dag whips it out*
"Too soon? Eh, I'll wait 'til the umbilical cord is cut, at least."
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2008, 11:13:13 PM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"
I can see it now.

*baby pops out of the uterus*
*Dag whips it out*
"Too soon? Eh, I'll wait 'til the umbilical cord is cut, at least."

Hahahaha...awesome.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2008, 11:14:06 PM »

It's not that big a deal.

Age is relative and each situation is different.

You can't just say "This person shouldn't date that person because of their age".

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2008, 04:43:39 PM »

I'm 20.

Most of my coworkers are 19.

I get this huge sense of a generation gap, there. It's weird.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Adapheon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2008, 01:22:23 AM »

Hey how about the girl isn't 18, she's actually 16 and you just found out? :P

This is a complete hypothetical of course.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2008, 01:35:12 AM »

Hey how about the girl isn't 18, she's actually 16 and you just found out? :P

This is a complete hypothetical of course.

Is 16 the age of consent where you live? If so...fuck her hard. And have her call you Daggs.

If not...fuck her in the ass and have her call you Daggs.

Adapheon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2008, 01:39:53 AM »

As of may 1 of this year 16 is the age of consent in Canada so I'm afraid an anal sacrifice can't be made in your name. Sorry man :(

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2008, 01:46:55 AM »

As of may 1 of this year 16 is the age of consent in Canada so I'm afraid an anal sacrifice can't be made in your name. Sorry man :(

That makes me sad. I guess I will have to live with it, though. At least twist her nipple for me?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: