Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 07:52:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341337 Posts in 13950 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  World of Warcraft Battleplan Vol. 3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: World of Warcraft Battleplan Vol. 3  (Read 2856 times)
Dio

... I'm not Dead.

SummonerDio@msn.com Diobility Diobility
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: May 04, 2006, 02:46:40 AM »

I was reading the WoW news and stuff, and hit the link to their forum topic about their upcoming events and features, etc. (World of Warcraft Battleplan Vol. 3). I read some interesting technical features they were working on (if it works) which did make me look foward to the expansion... but there was one piece of information that I did find really nice, and I think it would interest you guys, as well.

Upcoming Character-Transfer Service
On top of our efforts to evenly disperse our player population through coordinated realm transfers and migrations, we've begun testing our paid character-transfer feature. Scheduled to go live this summer, this feature will allow players to move their characters, within certain restrictions, to a realm of their choosing. This means that player's will now be able to join their friends on other realms without the need to wait for a pre-set mass realm transfer. In addition, this will also contribute to a balancing of the player load from realm to realm, which again is a specific way for us to reduce realm queues and lag. We know that many player's are eager for this service to be implemented, so we'll share further details as soon as more information becomes available.

For someone like me, this would be great. At least, I have a chance to move some characters to servers where some of you guys are at, at least. Since my biggest problem with starting on a new realm is always the fact that I don't want to leave my progress of my other Alts behind, I always fail to start at a new realm/server... but at least if this service actually comes through, at least maybe we can come together. There are restrictions, as it says in the quote, but at least this MMO offers something like this... Then again, the only comparison I have is FFXI. :P

Infinite.Bit Radio
Dedicated station to actual video game and anime music from various soundtracks. No radio show podcasts or anything like that... Just pure 100% music. Old, new and remade tracks is what you'll hear from us.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 10:10:08 AM »

I hope one of those "certain restrictions" isn't disallowing you to move a character from a PvP server to a PvE one.  I bet it is, though.

As much as I like my lock, I'd dump her in a heartbeat if I could get my mage off Shattered Hand. :P

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 11:17:41 AM »

If this happens then you have to switch to Norgannon, Dio. That's where DR, Dade, my Fiancee and myself are all located at the moment.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 01:21:40 PM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"
I hope one of those "certain restrictions" isn't disallowing you to move a character from a PvP server to a PvE one.  I bet it is, though.

i'm sure it will be, and i hope it is.  Not really fair to go from 1-60 on a pve server than switch to a pvp server.  i guess im slightly biased because i've never rolled on a pve server.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Dio

... I'm not Dead.

SummonerDio@msn.com Diobility Diobility
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 07:11:30 PM »

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"
If this happens then you have to switch to Norgannon, Dio. That's where DR, Dade, my Fiancee and myself are all located at the moment.

That would be cool. At least WoW won't be a dick like FFXI was and restrict us from doing some stuff together. lol

I have some cool friends on Uldum, but the guild we use to have together is somewhat deserted, and the only guys I know that would hang with me is having fun with the FFXI expansion... *cough* Arliman *cough* haha! (j/k punk) Anyway, I would start new characters, but my Rogue is a nice cash cow, and it made starting new alts easier... Starting real new is a drag. But if I can move Fantasma to a better server, I'd really get back into the game.

Right now, I'm on a Normal server, and I do play Horde characters, too. I dunno what you guys are, but my only 60 is Alliance side, so yeah. :P
My thing is, I've been getting into Horde, lately. I like my Tauren Warrior. Even my friend Jerr (who you guys might know as Leopold) has been getting into the Horde scene with my Shaman. So who knows what'll happen.

Infinite.Bit Radio
Dedicated station to actual video game and anime music from various soundtracks. No radio show podcasts or anything like that... Just pure 100% music. Old, new and remade tracks is what you'll hear from us.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 08:04:30 PM »

Well, we primarily play on the Alliance side, but all of us (except Dade, I think) have Hordelings to play on the side.  So no matter the faction you want to play as, we'll be around. :P

Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 08:50:16 PM »

Yeah it will be nice, wanna transfer my hordes to the same server and kill some russains.

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 12:16:05 AM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"

I don't see why this would be one of the conditions for a paid transfer when the Hyjal server was allowed to move to a PVP server.  Assuming that happened anyway.

...Though I'd just as soon the characters couldn't be transferred across the realm types, the difference between leveling on a PVE server vs. a PVP server is pretty significant.  Not that it's all that hard to hit 60 on PVP, you just have to be pickier about where you level. :P

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 01:14:58 AM »

Shane Dabiri mentions on the third page of the thread that PvE wouldn't be able to transfer to PvP, except in the case of opening a brand new PvP server specifically for PvE transfers.

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: