Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 08:15:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330118 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  The favorite video game music composers thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: The favorite video game music composers thread  (Read 8677 times)
Jotacon
Contributing Editor

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2010, 03:29:57 AM »

My fave has gotta be Yasunori Mitsuda there is no doubt about it. He could have just done Xenogears and Chrono Trigger and he probably would have made most lists, but he's given us much more.

Nobuo Uematsu
Yoko Shimomura
Hamauzu
David Wise (for Donkey Kong and Battletoads)
Yuzo Koshiro (ACTRAISER)
Akira Yamaoka
Shoji Meguro (although I have a love/hate relationship with his music Love: DDS2 Hate: P3)
Whatever talented group of people did the Megaman X 1-4 soundtracks.

Special mention to Sakimoto and Kenji Yamamoto. I really respect their soundtracks, but they aren't really my thing. I'm also sure I missed someone.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2010, 10:03:40 PM »

My fave has gotta be Yasunori Mitsuda there is no doubt about it. He could have just done Xenogears and Chrono Trigger and he probably would have made most lists, but he's given us much more.

Nobuo Uematsu
Yoko Shimomura
Hamauzu
David Wise (for Donkey Kong and Battletoads)
Yuzo Koshiro (ACTRAISER)
Akira Yamaoka
Shoji Meguro (although I have a love/hate relationship with his music Love: DDS2 Hate: P3)
Whatever talented group of people did the Megaman X 1-4 soundtracks.

Special mention to Sakimoto and Kenji Yamamoto. I really respect their soundtracks, but they aren't really my thing. I'm also sure I missed someone.

Junya Nakano, Masaharu Iwata :)

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Jotacon
Contributing Editor

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2010, 02:50:25 AM »

Yep you're right, sad for me not remembering Iwata. Obviously because he shares many of his credits with Sakimoto. That and Soul Calibur IV, Shadow Hearts, Odin Sphere and Muramasa. Which means I also have to correct myself, I really liked Sakimoto in Odin Sphere and Muramasa as well and of course Final Fantasy: Tactics (everyone loves FFT). Which reminds me I really can't wait for Tactics Ogre, played Ogre Battle and OB64, but I missed out on that for the PS1.

Nakano get's props too, although I really only know him from FFX and FFXIII.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2010, 03:01:10 PM »

Nakano was VERY limited to the XIII soundtrack.  He only arranged two songs: "Tension in the Air" and "Desperate Struggle".  He is more famous for his work in X, yet he only composed a small handful of songs even though both him and Hamauzu were the stars on that album, no discredit to Uematsu, as he did a wonderful job with it.  Nakano is more or less well known for Dewprism (Threads of Fate), Musashi : Samurai Legend.

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Reconnection

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2010, 10:30:53 AM »

Nakano was VERY limited to the XIII soundtrack.  He only arranged two songs: "Tension in the Air" and "Desperate Struggle".  He is more famous for his work in X, yet he only composed a small handful of songs even though both him and Hamauzu were the stars on that album, no discredit to Uematsu, as he did a wonderful job with it.  Nakano is more or less well known for Dewprism (Threads of Fate), Musashi : Samurai Legend.

Nakano's work on Dewprism was amazing.

My all time favorite composer would have to be Shoji Meguro. I dig his unique stuff. Never know what to expect with that guy, except that there will be strings, there will be brass, and, at least in Persona, there will be Engrish.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2010, 02:01:08 PM »

My all time favorite composer would have to be Shoji Meguro. I dig his unique stuff. Never know what to expect with that guy, except that there will be strings, there will be brass, and, at least in Persona, there will be Engrish.

If you enjoyed Dewprism, you def have to check out Another Mind.  It has that same ambient feel, if not at times better than Dewprism.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2010, 02:58:25 PM »

persona music guy
motoi sakuraba imo valkyrie profile lenneth is his best work.
the chick that did the music for the original crystal chronicles.
the trio that did the treasures of aht urgan soundtrack
whoever did the music for the xenosaga series
whoever did the soundtrack for tekken tag tournament.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2010, 07:53:31 PM »

Mitsuda has always been my favorite, and I really like Yuki Kajiura too. Shoji Meguro I enjoy because he can change it up so easily depending on whatever SMT game he's doing the score for.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2010, 10:40:14 PM »

If you enjoyed Dewprism, you def have to check out Another Mind.  It has that same ambient feel, if not at times better than Dewprism.

This conversation is made of 100% win. EXACTLY!

Man, I need to find a copy of Another Mind OST. I've only heard bits and pieces of it but love it all the same.

I also liked Nakano's work on FFX, but yeah, Dewprism is what really made me a Nakano fan.

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2010, 12:31:42 AM »

This conversation is made of 100% win. EXACTLY!

Man, I need to find a copy of Another Mind OST. I've only heard bits and pieces of it but love it all the same.

I also liked Nakano's work on FFX, but yeah, Dewprism is what really made me a Nakano fan.

The Another Mind OST is so rare,lol! Square needs to put out a reprint and give Nakano more credit :)

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: