Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 10:11:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329969 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Grandia (Original)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Grandia (Original)  (Read 6428 times)
Grandia@1997-1999
Banninated

RPGrandia@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: May 04, 2006, 03:10:15 AM »

Hello Grandia fans i'm new to RPGfan so don't understand much yet
but i hear this is the best place to talk about RPG's? so i was wondering if anyone remembers the very first Grandia that came out, no you may think how boring are you? but i've never played Grandia 2,3 or so on, i've been told its notthing to do with Grandia 1, i don't think justin's in there? please tell me if i'm wong? Anyway i think the mucic nearly the same style? but i've only heard one, anyway i'll just tell you about the part in Grandia i like to go on and on and on about ok here goes! Town/Port of Parm, Leck Mines - Just like the end where there in the mine cart, Steamer, Ghost Ship, End of the World, And the End - after Cast, ok thats that! so please tell me if you like these part of Grandia too, ok i'll let you have your say now, hope to hear from all you Grandia fans[/b]
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 03:21:32 AM »

No, Justin isn't in Grandia 2, 3 or Xtreme (thankfully - can you imagine how horrible Grandia 3 would have been if it had both Alfina and Justin in it? The mind boggles). All the games in the Grandia series are seperate and self-contained, and the only thing that connects them is the overall theme of love, peace and understanding and the battle system.

The music style is pretty similar in all the games, which makes sense considering that Noriyuki Iwadare is the composer for all the games. The music in Grandia 3 - while retaining the same style as the previous games - is pretty damn bad, though.

As for your last question - no, I don't like those parts of Grandia. As a matter of fact, and don't really like any part of Grandia, except the music and battle system.
Grandia@1997-1999
Banninated

RPGrandia@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 03:25:20 AM »

its really a shame they made it so you don't see what Justin looks like at the end, you don't even hear his voice, i gess they might have wanted to make Grandia 2 on the same story line, but i gess they changed there mind,
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 08:04:19 AM »

Eh, I think the Grandia series is like the FF series in that there are similarities, like similar themes and the intangible "mojo" that you know it's a Grandia game, but each Grandia game is its own self-contained storyline in its own self-contained world.  

Granted, there was a game published by Hudson for Game Boy Color in Japan (and Japan only) called Grandia: Parallel Trippers that had Justin, Feena, and company in it, but other than that, all Grandia games have their own independent worlds, storylines, and characters.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Grandia@1997-1999
Banninated

RPGrandia@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 08:07:07 AM »

Yeah I Know, but they should have been made to uk users too, sometimes japan is mean the the world gamers
SabreWulf11887

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 09:14:27 AM »

The Grandia series went downhill after the first game.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 09:43:24 AM »

Quote from: "SabreWulf11887"

Is that a fact? It sure seemed to be stated as one, instead of as your opinion. I personally like 3 a lot. Probably as much as 1. But...since you said it isn't as good, I am just gonna have to change my opinion.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 10:38:44 AM »

Someone didnt play the second one then.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
^3R^
Banninated

3r.kamikaze@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 11:08:39 AM »

2nd one is my favourite too and one of my favourites RPGs ever.

When I jumped into last generation I just owned a Dreamcast, RPGs were scarce but then Grandia 2 and SOA were released. They felt like a feast after famine to me.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 11:24:36 AM »

lol

SabreWulf11887

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 11:27:18 AM »

Quote from: "Dade the Ass McLaren"

Someone didnt play the second one then.

I played the second one I just didn't like it as much as the first game.

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"
Is that a fact? It sure seemed to be stated as one, instead of as your opinion. I personally like 3 a lot. Probably as much as 1. But...since you said it isn't as good, I am just gonna have to change my opinion.

That's just my opinion. I'm sure there are other people that love the other games in the series.
Grandia@1997-1999
Banninated

RPGrandia@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 11:48:02 AM »

Ok? So not meny people like the First Grandia? thats too bad but i'm not really here to talk about Grandia 2 or 3, if Grandia 4 has Justin in it then we'll talk about Grandia 4, i'm not saying there will be a Grandia 4, just if there is, ok so please leave Grandia 2 & 3 out of any of my topics, any way the last person seems to like Grandia 1,
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 12:07:30 PM »

Man, come on, Grandia 2 had one of the greatest gaming moments:

Code:
The battle with Melfice, Ryudo's older brother. The whole time you're fighting him, he's laughing at you. That's so awesome.

I haven't played Grandia 3 yet, but it seems to be like Grandia 2 lite. I enjoyed the first two games, and I'm sorry, while Grandia Xtreme did have an excellent battle system, it was a total cheese fest. It couldn't have gotten anymore cornier.

Ah, and sorry, getting back to topic-- overall yes, I enjoyed the original Grandia. It felt more like a journey than the rest of the games. I think the voice acting (read: bad voice acting) had something to do with it. In fact, I'll even go as far to say that because the voice acting was satisfactory, it made the game more light-hearted and enjoyable.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2006, 12:13:23 PM »

Quote from: "Grandia@1997-1999"
....so please leave Grandia 2 & 3 out of any of my topics...

How about no.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
SabreWulf11887

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2006, 12:23:26 PM »

Quote from: "Miho"
Man, come on, Grandia 2 had one of the greatest gaming moments:

Code:
The battle with Melfice, Ryudo's older brother. The whole time you're fighting him, he's laughing at you. That's so awesome.

I haven't played Grandia 3 yet, but it seems to be like Grandia 2 lite. I enjoyed the first two games, and I'm sorry, while Grandia Xtreme did have an excellent battle system, it was a total cheese fest. It couldn't have gotten anymore cornier.

Well, the whole Melfice story was my favorite part about Grandia 2.  Grandia 3 has a good battle system, but a boring story.

Quote from: "Grandia@1997-1999"
Ok? So not meny people like the First Grandia? thats too bad but i'm not really here to talk about Grandia 2 or 3, if Grandia 4 has Justin in it then we'll talk about Grandia 4, i'm not saying there will be a Grandia 4, just if there is, ok so please leave Grandia 2 & 3 out of any of my topics, any way the last person seems to like Grandia 1.

Yes, I really like Grandia 1 alot. It's one of my favorite rpgs.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: