Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 11:21:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329487 Posts in 13499 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Clone Wars
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Clone Wars  (Read 1434 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 17, 2008, 01:37:45 AM »

Wondering if anybody here has seen it. I myself am not going to see it until I see more reviews come in, and take a look at what other moviegoers here think.

I have very low expectations anyway, considering how crappy the last 3 were. This is reinforced by the fact that its getting almost nothing but bad reviews till now.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 08:59:17 PM »

Well, considering I went into it knowing that it was a giant episode of a television series coming to Cartoon Network, I enjoyed it.  Its a little more geared towards kids in some aspects, but overall I enjoyed it.  It still had the fun action I enjoy, and despite some cheesiness (though imo not as much as the prequel trilogy, though that may have to do with the fact the characters are animated)

Music wise, its defiantely not John Williams, but it wasnt bad either.  I think the guy did a good job with the expectations of John Williams hanging over him..if that makes sense.

I liked the art style.  Some of the eyes may have been a little to big, but overall I think it it captured the feeling of Star Wars rather well.  Well, a happier Star Wars anyways.

It was definately worth the five bucks I payed, thats for sure.  I also really like Ashoka and her interaction with Anakin.  Save for her nicknames for R2 and Anakin, and his nickname for her.  I thought that was a little stupid.  But *shrug*

Oh, and Trade Federation Droids are hilarious.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 09:46:30 PM »

The animation was shit and the art direction sucks. On the other hand, it's also the first Star Wars movie since the 80's to feature dialogue that isn't a load of dick and bullshit. Final verdict? It's better than episodes I through III. Watch it and cry happy tears of joy, fuckers.
mizuki_no_beatdown
AMG A GIRL

Women are from Venus

mizuki_no_beatdown@yahoo.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 01:08:50 PM »

That is by far the best movie review I have ever read!

Playing : Lunar the Silver Star
Recently Beaten: E.G.G.
Awaiting : Red Dead Redemption, Arc Rise Fantasia
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: