Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 05:28:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340886 Posts in 13930 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Disaster Movie
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Disaster Movie  (Read 2750 times)
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« on: August 31, 2008, 01:53:33 AM »

Wow.  I've never actually seen a movie get a 0% on RottenTomatoes.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/disaster_movie/

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 01:57:18 AM »

Not surprising it was going to get a low score, but a 0?

Well, whoever writes these movies clearly weren't the main guys behind Scary Movie 1-4. Those are actually funny. I watched Date Movie and thought it was the worst piece of shit I've ever watched that didn't have Will Ferrell in it. So, I've avoided Epic Movie, Superhero Movie, Meet the Spartans, and now Disaster Movie like the plague.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 10:36:29 AM »

Meet The Spartans had 0% until a single reviewer decided that he was tired of his job and decided to give it a positive review.

Really, is this rating surprising ANYONE? :P
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 11:06:14 AM »

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ballistic_ecks_vs_sever/

Movie even has alot more reviews than Disaster Movie.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 12:05:31 PM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"

Well, whoever writes these movies clearly weren't the main guys behind Scary Movie 1-4.

The only thing clear is that you're wrong.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 12:19:56 PM »

Nope, all the Scary Movie writers split off and tried their own hand in making their own movies.

The Scary Movie series on its own was already pretty mediocre. Splitting them up just makes a bunch of things that are not only bad movies, but just disgusting in general. Complete absence of jokes and referencing the fact that famous people in real life have died are not funny things.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 01:18:05 PM »

Quote from: "D-Rider"
Quote from: "dalucifer0"

Well, whoever writes these movies clearly weren't the main guys behind Scary Movie 1-4.

The only thing clear is that you're wrong.

I thought when Date Movie came out, they were saying 2 of the 6 writers from Scary Movie wrote Date Movie [and subsequently all of these other lame movies.] I meant they didn't get the correct writers, as he must have been the worse writer out of the Scary Movie writers.
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 11:11:19 PM »

The blurbs are just priceless:

"It's sad when a movie is so bad, it becomes the subject of late-night debates on whether it's better or worse than Uwe Boll's Postal."

"Like the bastard child of Best Week Ever and the mud that runs off of football players' cleats after a rainy game, this isn't a movie you see. It's one you survive."

"It's too easy to say Disaster Movie deserves its title, but why put more effort into trashing it than the filmmakers did into writing it?"

"I'm not sure if Disaster is the worst movie the boys have churned out, but, at this point, that's like asking if a bullet hurts more than a knife."
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 12:15:55 PM »

I personally can't fucking stand these idiotic movies.  Epic movie, Date movie, Meet the Spartans, etc.  They are so stupid and pointless.. I wish people would grow a fucking brain and stop encouraging this kind of shit.

*end rant*

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 09:04:30 PM »

Quote from: "Esper_Crusader"
I personally can't fucking stand these idiotic movies.  Epic movie, Date movie, Meet the Spartans, etc.  They are so stupid and pointless.. I wish people would grow a fucking brain and stop encouraging this kind of shit.

*end rant*

Since when did movies have to have a point?

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 10:02:24 PM »

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"
Quote from: "Esper_Crusader"

*end rant*

Since when did movies have to have a point?

I swear to god if you go see that in the theater I'm going to slit your throat while you sleep, and then feed your draining blood to your demon cat.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 01:31:55 AM »

If you're going to go see this movie, buy a ticket to another movie and then sneak into this one. Those fucking morons don't deserve any more money.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 12:08:20 AM »

I just had to say that I got to go the taping of last Friday's episode David Letterman's show, and Kim Kardashian was on promoting this movie.  Clip looked so freaking stupid.  Kim was pretty hot, but she also seems dumb as a stump.  Dave was cool, and Brian Regan (another guest) was pretty funny.  It was fun. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: