Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 01:31:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334852 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  RPGFan goes to WAR
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan goes to WAR  (Read 17812 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 08:52:02 AM »

FUCK...

So I thought I had put in the key to get into the open beta, but I couldn't get on so I checked. It appears that I hadn't. I had only put in the one for the head start. So I tried to put in the other code and I keep getting that an error occurred during my transaction and it won't let me do it. Fuck. So I can't play yet.

EDIT: As soon as I posted this it worked. Literally. At the same time.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 09:37:22 AM »

Woot woot!  Downloading all the patches now, not sure what server ill play on, probably pick whichever one has a name I like the most haha.  So much to do, so much to do!

Good luck to the rest of you guys!

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 01:49:55 PM »

All right, I edited the first post with some new shit.  Not much, just the PROPER method of setting up a chat channel. :P

Serene Prophet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 03:08:41 PM »

So far im enjoying it.  I do wish they would include some more options to tweak the various graphics settings.  Maybe with the full release?

Has definately been a bit laggy, not sure if thats me or just because theres so many folks around.

Probably going to end up choosing between a While Lion, Swordsmaster, or Warrior Priest.  I tried out some others and they were ok but not really what I was looking for.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Kiem

kiemofsophos@hotmail.com Kiemofsophos
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 03:15:02 AM »

So, Open Beta has officially begun.

DR is looking into the whole guild thing. Looks like we'll need at least 6 people to get the guild started.

Any ideas for a Guild Name? I know it may seem early, but I rather get these little details out of the way before we jump into the release :)

Plus, this thread is getting boring :P
Serene Prophet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 03:09:00 PM »

The D Team?  Since youve got Dagger, D rider, and Dade?  Ya know like The A Team.  :P

And I decided to jump on Todbringer and im 100% sure that ill be choosing either Swordmaster, Witch Hunter, or White Lion for my class upon release.  Right now ive been working on leveling up White Lion for a bit.  I spent most of Yesterday doing Witch Hunter on another server, and ive done a little bit of Swordmaster on that other server as well, so I may make another on this server to see which between White Lion and Swordmaster I like most.  I figure if I spend time between choosing two, I want one of those choices to be Witch Hunter, and one a High Elf class.

Dalsien is my White Lion

As for Guild name I guess something we should focus on first would be like..theme or something.  Do we want goofy, serious, related to the Warhammer Universe, related to RPGs, something in that general area would at least help so people arn't yelling out PWN JOO as a guild name when we want something in a specific format or theme or whatever.  Just a thought ^_^
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 08:29:04 PM by Serene Prophet » Logged

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2008, 08:50:13 PM »

You're assuming quite a bit with this "we" and "us" stuff.  I don't need a drama magnet in my MMO.

Kiem

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2008, 09:16:37 PM »

I do not attract drama! Take that back!

<Stoic>, <The Reckoning>, <Chaosbane>, <Defenders of the Fall>, <High Tides>, <The Last Line>

Just throwing random ideas out there to start this thing rolling.

BTW, Spore just came out >.>

And as a side note, my work is putting together a mailing list and trying to organize onto a single server, I'll keep you all posted as to where they end up and if we want to join them or not.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 09:21:27 PM by Kiem » Logged
Serene Prophet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2008, 10:37:54 PM »

Well I cant give you any guarantees but I didn't draw any drama talking to you today did I?  Shit happened was in the past, I should have let it go, I have let it go, so why dont you?

Far as im concerned, Ive learned my lessons.  Take that as you will, and as you yourself said, I dont matter, so why should it matter that I join the guild, you can always kick my ass out if I start shit, simple as that.

And cool Kiem, where do you work that has enough folks that want to get a thing together for it, must be a decent place hey?

As for names, <Fortunes Favor> <The Resonance> <Sacred Haze> <Steadfast Heroes> <Dawn of Order> <Wayward Guides> <Faithful Militia> <Cognitive Guard>

Some more ideas, mix and match them, etc etc.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 08:46:48 PM »

No shit, you'd actually have to log on to cause drama.  :P

Speaking of drama (aside from Drama Magnet, that is!), word on the street is that the Something Awful goons rolled Destruction on our server.  That could well explain the complete and utter domination Order has been experiencing. :P

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 08:56:52 PM »

No shit, you'd actually have to log on to cause drama.  :P

Speaking of drama (aside from Drama Magnet, that is!), word on the street is that the Something Awful goons rolled Destruction on our server.  That could well explain the complete and utter domination Order has been experiencing. :P

In that case I propose either a switch to another server.....or we just admit that we're gonna be assraped all the time.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 09:04:01 PM »

Hell, I kinda concur with that.  This might be a good time to start dabbling in Destruction ourselves. :P

Kiem

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 11:23:47 PM »

From the scenarios I've done, it's been pretty even with wins and losses.

These aren't the final servers anyway, and I'm not sure when the head start begins, so I'm not sure switching now would really matter.

I'll log on, it's just...Spore :P Gotta play it now before it cuts into official WAR time.

Edit: Collector's Edition head start begins Sept 14th while the Standard Edition pre-order head start begins Sept 16th. I guess we need to decide and finalize everything before Sunday.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 12:06:45 AM by Kiem » Logged
Kiem

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2008, 02:08:45 AM »

Double Post! lol

Yeah, so I just finished playing 5 Khaine's Embrace in a row and only lost 1. Maybe it's just the late hour? *shrug*

Either way, I'm having a LOT more fun playing the Archmage than I thought I would have. I may just roll one of these as my main lol
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008, 07:30:49 AM »

Yeah, it was more the head start beginning soon that prompted the switch instead of the goons. :P  You and me already know about Destruction, but Dagg and Dade didn't at the time.  I think Dade developed an unhealthy interest in his witch elf. :P

Speaking of which, we're doing Destruction on the server Forest of Shadow.  I'll edit that in the first post once I'm done with school. :P

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: