Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 10:47:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327999 Posts in 13432 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Rumour - Kingdom Hearts 3 PS3 exclusive and will be at TGS.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Rumour - Kingdom Hearts 3 PS3 exclusive and will be at TGS.  (Read 7956 times)
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 09:19:17 AM »

Meh I agree, I never cared for it.  But I do know a few people who are batshit crazy over it, especially the one who loves Sora and Rikku gay stories.  Theres a name for em but I dont remember..

But yeah, I mean its cool that its got Final Fantasy stuff in it, but honestly, that doesnt even begin to offset the disney stuff.  Im just not a huge fan of Disney so *shrug*

I doubt this will stay exclusive for long though, just as Eusis said, it is Disney.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 10:38:33 AM »

I've never seen so many negative comments for KH in a single thread before. I freakin love those games.

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 11:17:49 AM »

Regarding the negativity: While the KH games are high-budget, I've found them to be extremely mediocre where actual gameplay and development are concerned. They aren't exactly inspiring as far as narrative goes, the art direction is hideous and artificially plastic, and the whole battle system feels like a discount version of a better, more refined idea by tri-Ace.

In short: It's substandard, and while the production values are up there, they simply don't make up for the shallow story and gameplay beneath.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 11:29:35 AM »

KH1 wasn't boring enough to leave unfinished, that's probably one of the best things I can say about it other than the various presentation bits. I haven't REALLY started on KH2 yet but it's not the highest priority.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 11:39:36 AM »

I thought the KH team was working on FFv13 along with the mobile KH games. Even if it is a PS3 exclusive, I wouldn't care. I wouldn't be caught dead playing a KH game.
Hidoshi

Built This House

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 11:44:12 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
KH1 wasn't boring enough to leave unfinished, that's probably one of the best things I can say about it other than the various presentation bits. I haven't REALLY started on KH2 yet but it's not the highest priority.

You sir, have more tolerance than I, then. I think I hit to just before Anselm and quit out of disgust for things.

And o hay, Tarzan lebbel. Hur hur.
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 12:27:51 PM »

Quote from: "Serene Prophet"

But yeah, I mean its cool that its got Final Fantasy stuff in it, but honestly, that doesnt even begin to offset the disney stuff.  Im just not a huge fan of Disney so *shrug*

I doubt this will stay exclusive for long though, just as Eusis said, it is Disney.

Exact opposite over here, actually. Final Fantasy stuff = meh. Disney = awesome! The problem I have with the damn game (the first one) is the awkward battle system and pocket worlds that are smaller than your average JRPG villages. Oh, and Final Fantasy characters.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2008, 12:34:13 PM »

Quote from: "jj984jj"
....it's just gotten stupid now. .... it's lost it's nostalgia pull now.

I agree full-heartedly and this probably sums up my feelings.

The story got really stupid near the end too.  It may have been "deep" I guess, and emotional plays on the main characters, but its taken such weird tangents, and has left too much mystery in the air and based on absolutely nothing.

I still have no idea with the Nobodies are so pissy and willing to go to battle... I don't know what anymore for their sake.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 12:36:31 PM »

Quote from: "Serene Prophet"
Meh I agree, I never cared for it.  But I do know a few people who are batshit crazy over it, especially the one who loves Sora and Rikku gay stories.  Theres a name for em but I dont remember..

Pedos?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2008, 01:18:21 PM »

Quote from: "Dice"
Quote from: "jj984jj"
....it's just gotten stupid now. .... it's lost it's nostalgia pull now.

I agree full-heartedly and this probably sums up my feelings.

The story got really stupid near the end too.  It may have been "deep" I guess, and emotional plays on the main characters, but its taken such weird tangents, and has left too much mystery in the air and based on absolutely nothing.

I still have no idea with the Nobodies are so pissy and willing to go to battle... I don't know what anymore for their sake.

I couldn't agree more.  Kingdom Hearts 2 was superior to the first as far as actual gameplay goes...but fuck me if it wasn't just plain stupid.  That's the only word that describes it.  It's simultaneously a retcon and a rehash of what came before, the four-hour tutorial is some of the most grating shit ever slapped on a DVD, and those Final Fantasy reject Nomuratards in black were the most ineffectual antagonists I've ever seen.  You had to fight what seemed like a dozen of them at the end, and I never even knew their names till I looked them up in the little journal.

Stupid indeed.  Fuck that game and everyone who likes it.

Hidoshi

Built This House

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2008, 01:19:36 PM »

The entire problem I have with KH is how much pretense it makes at being "deep" or "epic". At least where some of Square-Enix's other franchises are concerned I've found some literary value, or archetypes that don't completely appeal to their cliches in the most basic and mundane of ways.

The problem is that KH is a veritable smorgasbord of cliches, with only a handful of memorable areas (Mulan's in KH2 for instance), and extremely poor characterisation (hi there Roxas). It's based entirely around the appeal to popularity, a trend that can be excused in one regard as "making business sense", but on the other hand has given us products like Guitar Hero on the DS (really pointless), and just about every game based off a movie or television franchise (hi there, Batman Returns).
Dangerous Person
AMG A GIRL

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2008, 01:36:52 PM »

The part at the beginning of KH2, where the thief steals "not only ____ but the word ____ too", made me wanna vomit. I couldn't recover from that.

I think that was the first time I've ever quit a game that I bought within the first twenty minutes of playing. Waste of time, waste of money.

Post-breakup Kermit covers Chevelle, darkness ensues!
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2008, 01:42:54 PM »

Quote from: "Hidoshi"
In short: It's substandard, and while the production values are up there, they simply don't make up for the shallow story and gameplay beneath.

QFT.

Kingdom Hearts sucks.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2008, 01:48:36 PM »

Well you all can shove it cuz I love KH :P. I'm pretty sure Pat does as well considering he gave KH2 an editor's choice, which I would have done the same.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2008, 01:53:07 PM »

Well, regardless of quality, people eat KH up. I'd say Sony needs KH3 to be exclusive instead of multiplat, or at least a timed exclusive.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: