Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 02:23:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319717 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Xbox 360 price cuts confirmed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Xbox 360 price cuts confirmed  (Read 4756 times)
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 03, 2008, 10:32:40 PM »

Now it's totally gonna outsell the Wii!  /sarcasm
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 11:11:39 PM »

Might have to pick one up along with ToV now. I have no more excuses. >.> Except I need to save my money for college, which I plan to attend in the spring.

Anyways, it'll at least help it get out of last place now, as it has been every month (not counting the PS2.)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 11:17:58 PM »

Nice how it's spun into $199 when more and more the HD is an essential part of the experience! Still, it's nice to see some dropping in the prices though I'd rather hear of accessory price drops. I can deal with a controller being $20 forever, but not $40 or $50, and HDD prices plummet too quickly to let something stay the same price for a year, let alone two.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 12:01:50 AM »

I have 45 free gigs on my PS3. It's not like I ever use the space.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 01:56:00 AM »

And if you were to seriously pursue downloadable games? Or even half seriously, as the Arcade only comes with a 256 MB memory card already preloaded with games. The regular 360 (the one everyone was calling premium) comes standard with a 60 gig drive now, and that's more than enough especially with how much you've used the PS3's.

I suppose it DOES depend on whether you'd just stick with one or two games, but you'd be baring yourself off from getting a lot of DLC and possibly games like Braid.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 09:04:35 AM »

I missed out on getting my money back by 5 days.

Bought my Elite from BB on Aug 2nd.

Oh well.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 09:40:38 AM »

Damn, that Arcade system is VERY tempting. I just wonder if its pointless to get a 360 without a HD. I am NOT an online gamer and will most likely never play anything on line. I may want to purchase the occasional Live Arcade game, though, so do I need the HD for those? Do the games run better with the HD models?
I'll probably end up getting one by the end of the year and am just wondering if I need to fork over the extra hundo.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 11:01:31 AM »

Quote from: "GrimReality"
I may want to purchase the occasional Live Arcade game, though, so do I need the HD for those?

Technically no, but the memory card that comes with the system is 256 MBs, games like Bionic Commando Rearmed are about 200, and the 512 MB card is preposterously overpriced at $50.
Do the games run better with the HD models?

Yes, you'll be able to copy discs over to the hard drive with the fall update, and games usually (always?) have a cache for slightly faster loading. Not sure just how big of a difference the cache makes though and it might be there to some degree on the memory cards anyway.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 11:24:45 AM »

Probably going to pick up an Arcade on friday.  Yeah, no HDD, but, honestly, I still plan to use my PS3 as my unit for most titles, anyway.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 11:46:29 AM »

Quote from: "daschrier"

Oh well.

Huh?

Were you thinking of returning it or is there some way to get a refund for the old prices? I bought my 60 gig just a couple weeks ago.

[/url]
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 11:54:55 AM »

Damn, that Arcade system is VERY tempting. I just wonder if its pointless to get a 360 without a HD. I am NOT an online gamer and will most likely never play anything on line. I may want to purchase the occasional Live Arcade game, though, so do I need the HD for those? Do the games run better with the HD models?
I'll probably end up getting one by the end of the year and am just wondering if I need to fork over the extra hundo.

20 GB drives aren't being produced anymore, so you'll probably see them on eBay in a few weeks for half or less their usual price.

[/url]
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 12:15:09 PM »

Quote from: "everluck"

Oh well.

Huh?

Were you thinking of returning it or is there some way to get a refund for the old prices? I bought my 60 gig just a couple weeks ago.

Most stores do a 30 day price guarantee. I know BB does, some stores might be 60 days, but only on big ticket items like TVs.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 12:25:24 PM »

Quote from: "everluck"

Oh well.

Huh?

Most stores do a 30 day price guarantee. I know BB does, some stores might be 60 days, but only on big ticket items like TVs.

Will have to look into this, thanks.

[/url]
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 01:10:12 PM »

Damn, that Arcade system is VERY tempting. I just wonder if its pointless to get a 360 without a HD. I am NOT an online gamer and will most likely never play anything on line.

I'm the same as you, so I'm wondering which one I'm eventually going to get.

I'm thinking about getting the one with the regular hard drive just for the fact that you can dump games onto the hard drive and play them off that. (Or will be able to soon)

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 01:37:31 PM »

Quote from: "Lard"
Damn, that Arcade system is VERY tempting. I just wonder if its pointless to get a 360 without a HD. I am NOT an online gamer and will most likely never play anything on line.

I'm the same as you, so I'm wondering which one I'm eventually going to get.

I'm thinking about getting the one with the regular hard drive just for the fact that you can dump games onto the hard drive and play them off that. (Or will be able to soon)

The disc still needs to be in the drive for this to work. You can't play anything without the disc.

[/url]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: