Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 03:55:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334825 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Xbox 360 price cuts confirmed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Xbox 360 price cuts confirmed  (Read 4948 times)
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2008, 11:23:34 PM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"
I thought the Jasper version was to come out in August.

They're being produced as far as I know, but I know they aren't widely available (if available at all) at the moment. I can't say why definitively, but my guess is MS is waiting for their old stock to run low before they start leaking the new models out.

There might be a few of them on shelves, but I don't believe there's any confirmation of that online.

[/url]
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2008, 11:34:11 AM »

Picking up a 360 Pro system sometime in the near future, as I have a free copy of Infinite Undiscovery en route to my mailbox.  

As far as upcoming releases are concerned, I'm definitely picking up FF13, SO4, and The Last Remnant.  I'm not particularly interested in Blue Dragon, and not AT ALL interested in Tales of Vesperia.  

That said, based on my tastes (which everyone should be familiar with by now), any thoughts on Lost Odyssey?  Would it be worth checking out?  I imagine there was a Lost Odyssey thread at some point, but I'm too lazy to dig for it.  A simple "Yeah, you'd like it, great story" or whatever would suffice.

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2008, 12:24:35 PM »

It's a pretty version of FF you can say. Nothing really original, and drags on, but it's decent for what it is. Honestly not sure how it would appeal to your high standards. I like it, but I like a lot of things so ;p.

Dream segments are great though. Look around youtube for a few videos to get some idea.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2008, 12:28:01 PM »

Quote from: "Shiguma"
Picking up a 360 Pro system sometime in the near future, as I have a free copy of Infinite Undiscovery en route to my mailbox.  

As far as upcoming releases are concerned, I'm definitely picking up FF13, SO4, and The Last Remnant.  I'm not particularly interested in Blue Dragon, and not AT ALL interested in Tales of Vesperia.  

That said, based on my tastes (which everyone should be familiar with by now), any thoughts on Lost Odyssey?  Would it be worth checking out?  I imagine there was a Lost Odyssey thread at some point, but I'm too lazy to dig for it.  A simple "Yeah, you'd like it, great story" or whatever would suffice.

I'd say so. It's very traditional as far as its battle system goes. No real special bells and whistles. The targeting system is kinda cool. :\ What did get me was the story. Despite my dislike for Palom and Porom characters, I actually liked the kids in this one, and most of the cast is a riot. Especially Jansen, that fella has some great lines.

Also, the dream sequences are gorgeous pieces of literature. Extremely well written.

I admit LO isn't going to do much new for you, but it does traditional very well. Probably a B+ game in my opinion?
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2008, 12:49:37 PM »

Damn, I've been wanting one a while.

Question: If I'm mainly gonna play stuff like FF13, DMC4 and DDR games (and I forget what else..I had a list, I swear), what's the best one to get? I'm anything but an online gamer, so... :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2008, 12:52:29 PM »

Quote from: "kyuusei"
Damn, I've been wanting one a while.

Question: If I'm mainly gonna play stuff like FF13, DMC4 and DDR games (and I forget what else..I had a list, I swear), what's the best one to get? I'm anything but an online gamer, so... :P

If you aren't gonna get a lot of shit off Xbox Live, get the cheap one.  I wish I had, because that hard drive in mine just ain't getting much use.

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2008, 12:58:36 PM »

I thought Lost Odyssey had a good battle/skill system, four good characters and five grating ones, an absolutely terrible villain (as in, bland and uninteresting), and a pretty shit story.

As others will tell you, the dream sequences were the high point. Pretty average all around for me :/

I know I'm going to sound like I'm marketing it, but I can't really oversell how much the hard drive is going to add to the console in the coming months. With full game installs and the XBLA library only ever getting bigger, I have to recommend at least getting a 20GB from eBay or something.

XBLA is my favorite part about the 360. I'm not too big on online multi either (haven't played online at all since Halo 3's release almost a year ago), but the arcade is simply too good to pass up.

[/url]
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2008, 03:07:46 PM »

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/lostodyssey/index2.html

If you liked traditional RPG's and don't mind nothing being innovative, give it a shot. If you don't like derivative games, pass on it.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2008, 12:08:51 AM »

I picked up Lost Odyssey.  I'm unimpressed, but I'm not particularly far.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2008, 01:13:50 PM »

I picked up Lost Odyssey.  I'm unimpressed, but I'm not particularly far.

I thought the first 2 discs were easily the best part, so if you aren't impressed now you're never going to be :P

Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2008, 04:49:23 PM »

if you wanna pay $200 and have a hard drive you can get the halo version of the 360 for that price now.
http://kotaku.com/5046766/hot-topic-slashes-prices-on-le-halo-3-xbox-360

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2008, 11:25:05 PM »

There really isn't any reason not for me to buy one now, which annoys me since I've always told myself that I'll never own a 360, but with all the exclusive RPGs coming out, I just can't resist.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2008, 08:42:14 AM »

By the looks of your sig, you'd rather have a PS3 (if you don't have one.)
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2008, 04:48:29 PM »

A PS3 has been on my wishlist for as long as I can remember, but alas, they aren't $200. =P
I can't really afford one at this point in time.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2008, 09:21:06 PM »

Yeah, it took me a long time to purchase a PS3 (only made like $350 in the first month at my job), but I eventually did get one. If I didn't work for minimum wage, I would've had a 360 long ago, but yeah, systems are too expensive these days.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: