Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 01:46:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334801 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Game Journal MXVII: Crisis Atelier Spectral Moon III
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 62 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Game Journal MXVII: Crisis Atelier Spectral Moon III  (Read 132568 times)
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: September 04, 2008, 01:09:33 PM »

New journal, new ridiculous title.

As implied in all such journals, this is where we talk about what we're playing, and how well (or badly) we're doing.

I'm currently replaying Super Mario RPG on the VC, and laughing uncontrollably at Ys Book I&II for the silly combat system.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 02:31:24 PM »

I went on an 8 hour marathon in Infinite Undiscovery yesterday. Really liking the combat system and the exploration. It can be hard to figure out where to go at times, but thats a little quibble. I like the voice acting (for the most part) and the story is pretty good (and funny in a good way). It reminds me alot of Radiata Stories, only a little more serious in tone. Also, the graphics aren't as bad as the screenshots imply. The character models are actually quite good.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 02:33:05 PM »

Picking up a 360 tomorrow.  Still plan to get NHL 09 on the PS3, but will probably snag Dead Rising or something cheap with the console when I pick it up.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 02:37:15 PM »

Radiata Stories - I fucking hate The City of White Nights. tri-Ace, pissing me off one game at a time.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 02:40:20 PM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
Picking up a 360 tomorrow.  Still plan to get NHL 09 on the PS3, but will probably snag Dead Rising or something cheap with the console when I pick it up.

Dead Rising has some of the worst controls ever. I freaking hated them. The game suffered from it. Not to mention it was a pretty hard game with a terrible save system.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 03:08:13 PM »

I'm about to go start Parasite Eve because it turns out my class which I thought was at 2pm is *next semester* :(. So I have a huge gap in the middle of the day to do nothing.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 04:06:07 PM »

Quote from: "Blace"

Dead Rising has some of the worst controls ever. I freaking hated them. The game suffered from it. Not to mention it was a pretty hard game with a terrible save system.

This is what 50% of the people who play it will tell you.

The other 50% will tell you the truth: Dead Rising is fucking awesome.

[/url]
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 04:13:09 PM »

WHO DARES TALK SHIT ABOUT DEAD RISING ON MY BOARDS

...Well okay, it's pretty easy to talk shit about Dead Rising's flaws, but it's still one of the best games on the system. :P

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 04:50:52 PM »

Quote from: "everluck"

This is what 50% of the people who play it will tell you.

The other 50% will tell you the truth: Dead Rising is fucking awesome.

The real truth is that this is just an opinion, and there isn't any real truth to the any games quality.

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 04:59:51 PM »

The real truth is that this is just an opinion, and there isn't any real truth to the any games quality.

There are concrete ways to measure quality, but I understand what you mean. Fair enough.

Finished Castle Crashers yet again as a level 35 iceskimo. Unlocked the brute, and it looks like he came with a two-pronged sword I didn't yet have.

My right thumb is twice as big as my left after hitting the face buttons on my controller so much.

[/url]
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 07:01:02 PM »

Just because something's true doesn't mean you need to state it.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 07:15:40 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"

Just because something's true doesn't mean you need to state it.

Well everluck was saying that I was basically lying because I thought the game wasn't very good, which is crazy. You can't say someone's a liar for not liking a game that you did.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 08:21:19 PM »

I'm about 13 hours or so into ToV right now and my characters are in the mid 20's levels. I'm having some slight problems setting up my battle strategies lately and the whole "Fatal Strike" thing is eluding me. I haven't gotten to use it once and I have no idea why. Otherwise i'm continuing to enjoy the game. Karol is rather annoying though.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 08:47:52 PM »

Quote from: "Esper_Crusader"
I'm about 13 hours or so into ToV right now and my characters are in the mid 20's levels. I'm having some slight problems setting up my battle strategies lately and the whole "Fatal Strike" thing is eluding me. I haven't gotten to use it once and I have no idea why. Otherwise i'm continuing to enjoy the game. Karol is rather annoying though.

You're probably killing the enemies too fast to use fatal strikes.

Rita does a good job of getting their bar low the fastest.  If you are unsure of what bar i'm talking about, you can see it when you pick your enemies with the RB button.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 10:18:33 PM »

I am roughly 8 hours into ToV. I like it so far. What should I be earning per battle grade wise? I just cant tell if I suck at this game or not.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 62 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: