Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 03:57:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319192 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Game Journal MXVII: Crisis Atelier Spectral Moon III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Game Journal MXVII: Crisis Atelier Spectral Moon III  (Read 128864 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #900 on: December 29, 2008, 12:39:44 PM »

Fallout 3:  I just wiped out an entire town full of Raiders.  If only I could do the same to Oakland in real life. :P

The Last Remnant:  I love that the antagonist looks like a wrestler AND has a wrestler's name.  Seriously, he's like Hulk Hogan without a horrifying case of male pattern baldness.

Castlevania:  Order of Ecclesia:  Near the end, I think.  Unless something drastic happens at the end, I rank this my second favorite of the DS Castlevanias, right below Portrait of Ruin.  I'd rather have several large areas than a fucking slew of tiny ones.  Those two zones that are just a straight line are an insult to the series.

Castlevania Judgment:  Still unlocking characters.  I have a feeling I won't be playing this much longer. :P

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #901 on: December 29, 2008, 05:36:30 PM »

Finally got internet on my 360.  You can friend me if you wish, since I only know one person in real life who plays 360 online.

Been messing around with the NXE 360 installs on Mass Effect.  I like how you can turn off the grainy effect to get a crystal clear high quality image without lagging.  Still playing through Persona 4.  The laboratory level pissed me off and made me lose an hour of playing.  My fault for not saving I guess. 

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #902 on: December 30, 2008, 07:48:19 AM »

Persona 4, 30-something hours in
Code:
I just started Mitsuo Kubo's Nintendungon.

What is up with some of the wacko cops in P4?  I already mentioned that I find something fishy about Adachi because no detective can be that bumbling and he always so conveniently slips information to the heroes.  And Naoto is a piece of work too.  Naoto isn't fooling anyone, 'cept people in the game. 
Code:
There's no way in hell Naoto's a boy.  Naoto for sure has to be a girl pretending to be a boy.  She even looks kinda like how that girl looked in the movie Just One of the Guys.  It'd be hysterical if there was a scene like the end of that movie where all is revealed.   
  Dojima's the only cop I actually take seriously in the game. 

I approve of this nonsense!
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #903 on: December 30, 2008, 11:06:20 AM »

Persona 4, 30-something hours in
Code:
I just started Mitsuo Kubo's Nintendungon.

What is up with some of the wacko cops in P4?  I already mentioned that I find something fishy about Adachi because no detective can be that bumbling and he always so conveniently slips information to the heroes.  And Naoto is a piece of work too.  Naoto isn't fooling anyone, 'cept people in the game. 
Code:
There's no way in hell Naoto's a boy.  Naoto for sure has to be a girl pretending to be a boy.  She even looks kinda like how that girl looked in the movie Just One of the Guys.  It'd be hysterical if there was a scene like the end of that movie where all is revealed.   
  Dojima's the only cop I actually take seriously in the game. 

The fact that you're 30 hours in and at the same point in my dungeon makes me seriously consider that I take my games faster than just about anyone else.  I'm at the same point as you, but I've only got 18 hours on my clock.  I don't know how I do it.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #904 on: December 30, 2008, 11:10:24 AM »

Started Crisis Core on the PSP last night, and am playing Untold Legends on the PS3.  It's fun being the cleanup crew. :D

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #905 on: December 30, 2008, 03:56:41 PM »

Keeper: I don't know about Dincrest but I often felt compelled to get perfect fusions, which has on occasion wasted a good hour, depending on the fusion.  Additionally, I backtracked into dungeons all the time for various reasons (always once).

Anyway, 92 hours into Persona 4 now.  I have already finished the game, just going back to make the inevitable replay even easier (holy cow it takes forever to level now).

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #906 on: December 30, 2008, 04:18:28 PM »

About 30 hours into Persona 4 and I beat the sexy striptease dungeon last night. The first boss was easy, but that boss after that, while not difficult, took forever.

About 8 or so hours into Luminous Arc and the difficulty of the last two battles just ramped up. Holy crap. Leveling up time.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #907 on: December 30, 2008, 08:18:20 PM »

Started Eternal Sonata. The introduction put me to sleep. It's getting a bit more interesting now that the game is actually starting. Still on Chapter 1.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #908 on: December 30, 2008, 08:50:04 PM »

I tend to be a slow RPGer.  And when it comes to Megami Tensei games, I'm way slower than most.  For example, when I used to be part of a prominent MegaTen community, everyone pretty much beat Innocent Sin in 50 hours and it took me 80.  I'm not sure why. 

Keeper's just naturally fast at RPGs.  He beat Tales of Symphonia in under 30 hours.  I spent 64 with it.  Most folks probably fall in between.

Although some games, I manage to stay close to the mean.  I finished Eternal Eden in about 25 hours and I think the norm for that game hovers around the 20-25 mark. 

As for gaming, no progress beyond my last post. 

Every day's great at your Junes.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 08:54:18 PM by Dincrest » Logged

I approve of this nonsense!
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #909 on: December 30, 2008, 10:13:46 PM »

I made it to the Desert Bazaar in DQIV today. I'm really enjoying it in spite of the simplistic story, though I will concede I think the chapter idea is an interesting way to frame the narrative. The battles are fun, the music is great, and I think Toriyama's artwork gives the game a lot of charm. I still wish the characters had personality though.

Anyway, it sounds like now I'm supposed to backtrack all the way to the castle of Tsarevna, or whatever this country's name is. 
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #910 on: December 31, 2008, 12:12:03 AM »

I play ridiculous amounts of Rock Band 2. I would go so far as to say that the amount of time I spend playing Rock Band is unhealthy and impedes on my ability to play and complete other games.

I did play a bit more Fallout 3. Tranquility Lane was quite quaint.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #911 on: December 31, 2008, 05:27:59 AM »

Persona 4 again.  Oh man oh man oh man, just fused a persona who only takes half damage from physical attacks and full damage from almighty.  And it has Salvation.  This is almost too overpowered.  Time to set up the new game.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
eXaX

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #912 on: December 31, 2008, 09:36:44 AM »

I've been playing Haunting Ground (PS2) and managed to finish it. I have to admit it's probably the most deranged/fucked up game I've played.
Maybe that's why I can't stop obsessing about it.

I've also been having my ass kicked in Castlevania:Order of Ecclesia (DS). I can't seem to get through the Skeleton Cave especially with the part of atleast two T-rexes. But then again I haven't been playing the game that much lately.
Also I got to chapter 3 in Dragon Quest 4 before putting the game on hold.

Just started Yakuza 2 and man, Kiryu is hardcore!

On a side note: I really want to do another playthrough in Mass Effect as a cold and evil woman but I loaned my Xbox to a friend. =|

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #913 on: December 31, 2008, 11:35:41 AM »

ummm.....still playing Dead Space. I'm in chapter 10, with the clock at 16 hrs or so. I really dig this game, but hope to beat it soon so I can play something new.
I got mass Effect for Christmas. Played an hour of it and stopped to get back to DS. Looks interesting.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #914 on: December 31, 2008, 12:10:31 PM »

Tales of Vesperia.

I want to BE Judith.

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 Print 
« previous next »