Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 27, 2014, 09:25:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341614 Posts in 13960 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Game Journal MXVII: Crisis Atelier Spectral Moon III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 62 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Game Journal MXVII: Crisis Atelier Spectral Moon III  (Read 133564 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 12:02:42 AM »

I'm at the airport in DDS2.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 12:52:29 AM »

I picked up Okami for Wii. Yes, I'm a total dork, but I love the game that much. But I'm not as sure about the Wii's controls. I can't figure out how to swing the Wiimote properly in order to string combos together in combat, and it seems a little sensitive for the Celestial Brush. I'll keep playing and see if it grows on me though.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 01:04:13 AM »

Dead Rising is the shit.  And its one of few games I can go back to during a bad day and actually enjoy myself just plowing down zombies and stuff.  It can get frustrating at times, but I dunno, the zombie fanboy in me just has to much fun.

Im hoping I get ToV in the mail tomorrow from gamefly, they have been disappointing me lately with their delivery speeds.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 01:27:12 AM »

Well, my rental of ToV is over now so I might as well buy a copy. I decided to play some more Too Human which came to an abrubt ending. I really hope they make the sequels. I finished it with my Commando at around lv. 29. I had no idea it was over. Damned cliffhanger endings!

Started a new game with a Bio Engineer. I might do another campaign with the Commando though to access some stuff I couldn't do the first time around. I still think it's a great game despite its flaws.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008, 02:59:37 AM »

Well, after finishing Tales of the Abyss, I spent most of the morning watching my wife play the first half dozen acts in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.  Fun times.

I loaded up my FFXII save tonight to see where I was and was incredibly shocked to see I was 60 hours in.  ...Even more shocking, I have five events left till the game is finished.

I expect to finish tomorrow.  :P

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 01:39:58 PM »

The end of FFXII takes a while, though. Just FYI.

Alright, played some FFT this morning, the Riovanes castle.
Code:
Fucking Wiegraf changing into Belias. He OHKO'd Ramza and I just turned it off (since I still had damage from the previous battle.)
If I can't beat that on a retry or two, back to level-grinding.

Bought a 360, along with ToV. I had to refigure the button layout to match the Abyss after the tutorial, as I was getting raped by the awkward control scheme. Only an hour in, just got out of the first town.

Then, after work tonight, I'm going to tackle Radiata Stories again. The City of White Nights pissed me off so much last time that I had just turned it off. All I did last night was do some level grinding and farming for dagols, buying a lot of healing items. So my party is Jack, JJ, Ganz, and that one Red Orc (starts with a G.) So yeah, I guarantee I'll be playing role of healer, since I bought a lot of the item that heals everyone HP to full.

Also need to get back to Disgaea 3. Stage 4-2 pissed me off and haven't played it since Monday.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 06:20:05 PM »

Tales of Vesperia -

After the night  meeting with Belius...

Code:
Flynn is a colossal fag and he's grinding on my nerves a lot.  The whole boat escape really pissed me off.  Ok Judith doesn't like Blastia, but what the fuck bitch you destroyed the power to our boat and fucked us over JUST because you like destroying it?  Pissed me the fuck off because I liked using Judith (I went back and forth between controlling her and Yuri) and she's gone for the time being (forever maybe, dunno).  Really made no sense that the empire didn't chase us.. especially just sitting in the water all night.

END RANT

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 08:09:32 PM »

Quote from: "Akanbe-"
Tales of Vesperia -

After the night  meeting with Belius...

Code:
Flynn is a colossal fag and he's grinding on my nerves a lot.  The whole boat escape really pissed me off.  Ok Judith doesn't like Blastia, but what the fuck bitch you destroyed the power to our boat and fucked us over JUST because you like destroying it?  Pissed me the fuck off because I liked using Judith (I went back and forth between controlling her and Yuri) and she's gone for the time being (forever maybe, dunno).  Really made no sense that the empire didn't chase us.. especially just sitting in the water all night.

END RANT

Just wait...it gets more interesting....

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008, 09:59:23 PM »

Well, I haven't been posting much, but I have beaten the following: Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, and today, I beat Heavenly Sword. Oh, and I also beat Mega Man ZX. And New Super Mario Bros. Indeed, I've been busy playing games.

Tonight, I started FolksSoul. It's interesting, and sort of spooky. I don't care for the still-image cut scenes, but they are slightly animated. There are fully animated cut scenes, though, with voice acting, but they are far and between. The game reminds me of Pokemon mixed in with Shin Megami Tensei, regarding the Folks (which are souls) you absorb from fairies. The reason why I mentioned Shin Megami Tensei was because of the creature designs. They remind me of the creatures in FolksSoul.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 10:17:55 PM »

So a few days ago, I had nothing to do inbetween classes, so I took out my DS and popped in Etrian Odyssey. It's been, like, a year since I last played it, and I had totally forgotten how awesome it is. I've been playing the hell out of it lately, and pretty much wasted today away as well. =P

I'm somewhere around Floor 13 or 14 in the third stratum. I'm kicking the asses of everything mostly, except for the FOEs, of course.

Making maps is tedious and annoying, but man, it makes this game so addicting to play.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2008, 01:10:45 AM »

Quote from: "Lard"

As much as I loved that game; the greater half (like 90%) of the dungeons in it made me never want to play it again....

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2008, 01:18:35 AM »

As much as I loved that game; the greater half (like 90%) of the dungeons in it made me never want to play it again....

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2008, 01:56:33 AM »

Quote from: "Miho"
Tonight, I started FolksSoul. It's interesting, and sort of spooky. I don't care for the still-image cut scenes, but they are slightly animated. There are fully animated cut scenes, though, with voice acting, but they are far and between. The game reminds me of Pokemon mixed in with Shin Megami Tensei, regarding the Folks (which are souls) you absorb from fairies. The reason why I mentioned Shin Megami Tensei was because of the creature designs. They remind me of the creatures in FolksSoul.

That sounds an awful lot like Folklore, :P.  I've been playing Tales of Vesperia.  I'm generally enjoying it and I have the desire to continue playing but this is a pretty slow start to the story. I'm already 10 hours in and things are just getting started.  Everything else is great though, especially the combat.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2008, 02:11:41 AM »

Quote from: "Dice"

It's funny you say that because the dungeon design is one thing that has utterly pissed me off through the whole game.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2008, 12:15:39 PM »

Quote from: "Masamune"

That sounds an awful lot like Folklore, :P.

"Folklore, known in Japan as FolksSoul -Ushinawareta Densho"

Anyway, been playing Tales of Vesperia and I'm gonna try out Siren Blood Curse soon.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 62 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: