Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 02:40:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338746 Posts in 13865 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Square Enix E3 press conference - now live
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Square Enix E3 press conference - now live  (Read 2912 times)
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 08, 2006, 04:03:59 PM »

Apparently the Square Enix' (pre)E3 press conference just kicked off, and Gamespot are reporting from it live, on their E3 blog.

Might interest someone.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 04:57:30 PM »

Interesting stuff so far:
    *OO Daishiro Okada is now on stage discussing the upcoming lineup. Final Fantasy XII will be out October of this year.

* Dragon Quest is coming to the Wii. Some dude is fighting a stone golem in a forest. Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors. Launch title for the Wii! No real footage of the game, but still, big news.

A Dragon Quest launch game for the Wii? Awesome news! The title makes it sound like there'll be a lot of controller swinging.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 05:36:25 PM »

Seems like the press conference is pretty much over now. Lots of fanboys and -girls will be disappointed that Squeenix didn't announce a FF VII remake for the PS3.

The biggest news was the announcement of Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3. Well, not the annoucement itself as there wasn't anyone who didn't know the game was coming. Rather, what is surprising is that Squeenix is taking a "Compilation of Final Fantasy VII" approach to the game. There'll be several games set in the FF XIII universe - the main game itself, a mobile game and another game for the PS3 developed by the same team that did Kingdom Hearts. It's gonna be an action RPG, obviously.

So yeah, some interesting stuff there. Gamespot will have some screenies up later today, apparently.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 06:54:33 PM »

So that's what the guy in Console RPG's was banging on about :P

Interesting stuff. FFXIII isn't exactly surprising. Hopefully it's universe/world will be good enough to make me want to play 2/3 games set in it.

Dragon Quest on the Wii also sounds good.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 07:14:57 PM »

The protagonist looks better than any female character in FFXII. And Dragon Quest on the Wii..as a launch title? Interesting. Suddenly, buying a Wii became crucial.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 12:31:32 PM »

Now that I looked at RPGFan's feature... I'm guessing that PSP content rule /is/ true. Dammit, SCEA's too fucking anal for anyone's good. So what if there isn't that much new content, I just want to play stuff like BoFIII and Suik1/2 on the go.

Ah well, VP:L was the remake I was interested in most anyway; Suik1/2 would've been nice but I beat those already and those discs are fine. :P
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 12:36:33 PM »

Coverage this year so far.....is awesome.

Seriously, in years past i've only really read the E3 wrap up done by the crew on the site, but this year I'm stoked.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 02:22:48 PM »

I'm obviously desensitized to RPG news. All I'm really excited about is Mario on the DS. :P
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 02:24:06 PM »

Quote from: "Dios GX"
I'm obviously desensitized to RPG news. All I'm really excited about is Mario on the DS. :P

Fuck you, that's great, but what about STARFOX DS or YOSHI'S ISLAND 2?
Dio

... I'm not Dead.

SummonerDio@msn.com Diobility Diobility
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 05:33:05 AM »

Quote from: "Dios GX"

So far the only item that really got my attention is Metal Gear Solid 4... I can't believe Raiden actually looks badass. Haha! :P

Infinite.Bit Radio
Dedicated station to actual video game and anime music from various soundtracks. No radio show podcasts or anything like that... Just pure 100% music. Old, new and remade tracks is what you'll hear from us.
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 05:54:18 AM »

Quote from: "Cauton"
Seems like the press conference is pretty much over now. Lots of fanboys and -girls will be disappointed that Squeenix didn't announce a FF VII remake for the PS3.

My standard question would have been who should develop that remake? Even Square Enix's first production team can't work on three major games at the same time.

As for the press conference, I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that they had more than Final Fantasy XIII and Hiromichi Tanaka's new MMORPG (which was not mentioned of course) for PlayStation 3 in the pipeline. It's too early to get excited about the games, since they won't be out until next year anyways.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 06:12:06 AM »

Hey I'm not asking for a Final Fantasy VII remake, quite the opposite. Actually, the rumors of a remake should die out now that we have confirmation that team that produced the FF VII tech demo for last year's E3 is the same team that is now working on Final Fantasy XIII. Me, I'm glad about this. I've said it before when the Final Fantasy VII remake issues has come up, that I much prefer if Square-Enix focus on developing brand new games instead. Which is just what they seem to be doing :)

On a side note, I'm increadibly excited about FF XIII after having watched the trailer 10 or so times over the last two days. What particulary interest me is the footage of the battle system. It looks increadly fast paced, and a far cry from the ATB variations we've seen in most of the series so far. The trailer makes it look like there's some queue system, with attacks and abilities being performed one after the other and chained together into combos, and also like every action will cost "ATB points".

This is assuming that it is the games actual battle system, and not just some "artist's rendition" of it.

I also love the music.
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 11:51:54 AM »

Anyone got a link to a video of the full conference?  I found one at IGN but it is abridged.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: