Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 02:03:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329335 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Kim Jong Il dead since 2003
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kim Jong Il dead since 2003  (Read 1987 times)
calintz

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 07, 2008, 11:58:30 PM »

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=627370
North Korean leader Kim Jong Il has been dead for years and replaced by a number of look-alikes, a Japanese academic claims.

North Korea expert Professor Toshimitsu Shigemura, a professor of international relations, says Kim died of diabetes in 2003 and has been substituted by up to four body doubles ever since.

Driven by a fear of assassination, Kim allegedly trained his doppelgangers — one of whom underwent plastic surgery — to attend public appearances.

"Scholars don’t trust my reasoning but intelligence people see the possibility that it will turn out to be accurate," Fox News reported Professor Shigemura as saying.

"I have identified and pinned down every source."

Kim, 66, has not appeared in public for three weeks amid rumours he is seriously unwell.

While Seoul intelligence officials have said they believe he has diabetes and heart problems, they do not think he is near death.

But Professor Shigemura, from Tokyo's respected Waseda University, believes that Kim actually died sometime during a 42-day absence from public in September 2003.

He claims that whenever anyone is granted a face-to-face meeting with today's Kim, a senior official is always by his side "like a puppet master".

Professor Shigemura's claims, outlined in his book The True Character of Kim Jong-il, have been disputed by North Korean officials.

One of Kim Jong Il's 'doubles' in 2008 (left), and the 'real' Kim in 2003.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 12:37:16 AM »

That's actually mildly feasible with a government like the DPRK. :\ What can I say? Not like we get much news out of North Korea on the whole, considering how isolated it is as a country. Would be interesting, were this  true.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 12:52:00 AM »

I don't really believe it.  They don't have any reason to hide Kim Jong Il being dead unless they have no successor lined up.  It's not like he is the only one behind the current state of the country so I don't really buy this.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 01:52:21 AM »

He is a hilarious scapegoat. Do you EVER hear about the rest of the DPRK government taking heat for the state of the country? Nope. Kim gets all the flak.
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 03:01:20 AM »

I don't really believe it.  They don't have any reason to hide Kim Jong Il being dead unless they have no successor lined up.  It's not like he is the only one behind the current state of the country so I don't really buy this.

That the thing, his eldest son has been disowned by him(he was caught trying to sneak into japan).  And his next oldest son is only 27 supposedly living somewhere in europe, it seems like there is no decent successor. 

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 03:52:47 AM »

They don't have any reason to hide Kim Jong Il being dead

Do you EVER hear about the rest of the DPRK government taking heat for the state of the country? Nope. Kim gets all the flak.

Doink.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 07:12:32 AM »

I thought he was a cockroach living inside a Korean body. >.>
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 05:52:21 PM »

I would have said it was an absurd theory when I first looked at the story, but then Kim Jong Il is absurd and with as screwed up as he made the country (while sure there ARE other people who've messed up North Korea, a lot of it has to do with his incompetent policies, which have more or less highlighted the danger inherent in Communism when abused), I wouldn't be terribly surprised if some fake were ruling in his stead.  Anarchy is almost a given when there's a bad transition of power, and frankly NK isn't in a stable situation, to say the least. 

Of course, since the theory rose up from a Japanese source, that leads to an easy way to dispute the possibility anyway. :P

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: