Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 07:39:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331456 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Brush and Quill
| | |-+  Kirby crochet
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Kirby crochet  (Read 23823 times)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2009, 02:34:08 AM »

I think I can pull off the Saturn logo. It won't have to many details, but I think it would look cool if I used metallic thread (if I can find any).

For keychains, somewhere around 25x30 is probably best. So the Gurren logo is out. Sprites from old games with 2-3 colours usually work very well.
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2009, 03:04:21 AM »

How good are you at geometry and want something challenging? Like those Tetris Hearts.

http://militantgeek.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/hearttetris1.gif

I think it'd look cool in little itty-bitty form, though that would take a bit of effort. I'm not sure how your artistic tick really clicks, some  masochistic artists (me) enjoy challenges that make them go crazy with minuet, insignificant details just to say "yeah, I did that."

Case in point:

In the process of making myself a new wallpaper, I spent sixteen hours straight listening solely to the last half of "The Scorning Blade" on kiRite making this one. I ended up finding about fifteen different aerial shots of rivers, canyons, chasms and such to essentially glue onto the petals of each flower. Twisting, bending and transforming them to each petal just to give them a sense of dynamic touch that's not even noticeable to anyone but me. So, if that's your dig, maybe you'll dig this.

If not give me an 8-Bit NES Link. :P
PM me your address or PO box or whatever they've got where you live/want to use, and I'll send off Grandia III on Monday.

PS: http://duck.hidoshi.com/images/fill_my_heart.jpg

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2009, 04:35:04 AM »

Oh, I've knotted worked with splitted embroidery threads, which is pretty insane. I'm surprised I didn't ruin my eyesight. If the design is good enough, I'm willing to try it again. I'll see what I can do with the Tetris Heart.

Example

Edit: Tetris Heart first attempt.

These are managable proportions. I can move the square a bit up to make it look like it has to drop down to complete the heart.

I wanted to make it larger, with more detail, but there is a limit to what my eyes and hands can do.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 10:03:44 AM by Tomara » Logged
Dios GX
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2009, 07:54:04 AM »

Honestly let's just go with two of them lil diddy wristbands. Make it a little easier on your eyes and hands. ;x
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2009, 08:07:34 AM »

That's very kind of you, my hands can't thank you enough :)

I'll buy some high quality embroidery floss for your bracelets to make up for it. And I think I'll throw in a small bracelet or two. I've got some neat Zelda ones.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2009, 05:45:06 AM »

First one:

Dios GX
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2009, 02:09:10 PM »

That's fuckin' badass looking.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2009, 08:19:13 AM »

It was perfect for a bracelet, though it took me two tries to make it just right. The first apple was kinda fat.

Sega Saturn:

Dios GX
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2009, 01:46:27 PM »

You shall forever be hailed as The Queen of "The Craft," to make it sound all witchy-sorceress-like. Like that one movie with all the hotass witches.

Except they died I think. Nevermind. ;;
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2009, 02:04:25 PM »

Well, there is this one horror movie in which a girl named Tamara uses the craft to get revenge, because some people from school killed her or something. It wasn't a very good movie.
Dios GX
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2009, 05:34:12 AM »

Okay, so, Tomara's unbelievably badass bracelets got here today while I was blacked out an unconscious, following three subsequent hospital visits that drained my energy, wallet, emotions, and patience for the last week and a half.

Then I think "oh shit, that Saturn bracelet and the Apple one, that's awesome."

Then I open it and I suddenly feel like Link when he got the Hookshot for the first time. Seriously, what in the fuck my head exploded when I saw how many fucking things are in here, how excellent they look, and continuously thought to myself "how in the hell did she even make these? This is some pro stuff."

And then, I felt like a furthered dick since I've been so hammered by hospitals, I couldn't send out this box. So, karma has been a bit of a large role in my life lately, and I think it's time I worked its wonders.

That and now I will have to tack on Rogue Galaxy since that pretty much is every single thing on the list that I could fill in. Though now I have to be fair and honestly, I'd feel like an asshole the rest of my life if I didn't put up a list of something to return your incredulously insane generosity.

So here's a list of what is essentially an entire collection. Pick a few things you want from it.

Anime/DVDs:

.hack//SIGN Complete
Noir - Full box set
Lost Universe Complete
Trigun Complete
Excel Saga Complete
Card Captor Sakura Vol.1-15
X-Japan: Art of Life Live Concert
Ruin Explorers
Galaxy Angel A
Galaxy Angel Z
Tenchi Universe Box set
Hellsing boxset
Samurai Champloo Vol. 1-3
G-Savior: The Movie

Games:

Ar Tonelico 1 Limited Edition (Art book incl.)
Mana Khemia (PS2) Limited Edition, still sealed. Slightly banged up because Best Buy sucks dick.
Phantom Brave
Disgaea (PS2), original, original copy. Weeee
Kingdom Hearts II
Shadow Hearts Covenant
Final Fantasy Tactics A2

Other Stuff:

Original Working Designs Guide for Alundra
DoubleJump Books guide for Phantom Brave

Both of these are those weird little ones with high-res pages and are stiff and sharp-cornered as hell. I dunno why, I just love these things.

Everything else I have left is essentially ultra-niche things like Generator Gawl, Armored Core games, or never-heard-of From Software games for the Xbox.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2009, 02:41:00 AM »

You don't have to feel bad, I would have been happy with one game. If you send me too much, you'll make me feel quilty! Think about what that will do to your karma :P

The fat apple bracelet was just a trial version. It didn't come out like I wanted and it would have been hard to sell, so I put it in there as well. Both the Zelda and Pac-man bracelets are types I make quite often, they're not unique or anything, just a nice extra.
Dios GX
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2009, 03:29:29 PM »

My offer stands quite upright. This is all positive karma right here, spinning and pulsating like the mad electrons of a psychotic atom, assaulting the nuclear-level airwaves with their phat, psychedelic beatz.

In other words pick a few things or I'll just send ultra-rare six-hundred-dollar imports of games nobody even knows exists. Then you'll feel at the paragon of guilt, and I'll probably go to Hell for it or something.

Then what? Yeah, then who's gonna feel the guilt.

I HAVE SPOKEN
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2009, 03:44:02 PM »

Fine. Gimme Kingdom Hearts II. People say I really need to play the Kingdom Hearts games and if I aquire one this way, I may actually put it in the PS2. I'd feel guilty if I didn't.
Dios GX
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2009, 04:07:47 PM »

All the world is right! You have made a wonderful choice, as well. Kingdom Hearts II is fuckin' whats up. I can foresee a keyblade bracelet sometime in the future.

I actually, stupidly, have two copies of Kingdom Hearts II, so that works out straight perfecto. Still feel guilty? :P

EDIT: Oh, by the way, I wore the Apple and Pacman ones to a party last night, and I must've had about five people ask me where I got them, wanting to see them, and buy/steal/"obtain" one from me. I was like "uh, I didn't make them. This one badass chick in the netherlands did. They'd be sick at Raves though right?"

Oh christ, the incessant ravers that eventually came and saw what I had, offering to trade like 30 pieces of Kandy for the pacman one. You have fans in America, especially in SoCal's raver scene, lemme tell ya.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 04:09:40 PM by Dios GX » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: