Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 08:10:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319168 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Mmm... Yum!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Mmm... Yum!  (Read 3736 times)
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: September 12, 2008, 05:51:42 PM »

15 Most Repulsive Foods.

The duck embryo and dog honestly make me sick to my stomach.

I'm not sure why casu marzu isn't on this list.

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 07:06:56 PM »

It's a good thing that I'm fasting today 'cause those pictures made me feel a little queasy.

This reminds me of a candy company that makes (mildly put) interesting goods:

http://www.edible.com/shop/browse.php?cmd=showdepartment&sectionId=23

I've tried the peppermint ants but it's the Scorpian I'm looking forward too. :P
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 07:09:36 PM by CastNuri » Logged

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 10:03:52 PM »

Eww, ox penis.

Asians eat some of the weirdest shit. My dad told me about the shit they ate while he was stationed in South Korea. I'm glad I fucking grew up in America rather than South Korea or else I'd be eating dogs all the time.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 01:31:38 AM »

I don't understand repulsive food lists that lists bugs so much. And rats? Really?

In the majority of human cultures, bugs are seen as a viable food source, very rich in protein- not to mention anybody who has basic survival skills would know the first thing you should eat in the wild is bugs since it's much easier to find them than any other food source.

I don't see how eating a dog is different from eating, say, a pig. There's lots of people who have pigs as pets- the only reason we think eating dogs is morally reprehensible is because we get hammered by the fact that dogs are somehow above the other animals we usually eat.

....well okay, I guess they are smarter usually.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 01:36:06 AM »

I don't understand repulsive food lists that lists bugs so much. And rats? Really?

In the majority of human cultures, bugs are seen as a viable food source, very rich in protein- not to mention anybody who has basic survival skills would know the first thing you should eat in the wild is bugs since it's much easier to find them than any other food source.

I don't see how eating a dog is different from eating, say, a pig. There's lots of people who have pigs as pets- the only reason we think eating dogs is morally reprehensible is because we get hammered by the fact that dogs are somehow above the other animals we usually eat.

....well okay, I guess they are smarter usually.

It helps that they've been our closest companion in the natural kingdom for thousands of years, and that dogs seem to have a natural loyalty to humans, where no other animal generally does without sufficient coercion. :P
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 01:37:16 AM »

Is this more to your satisfaction? Only one bug entry!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 02:11:29 AM »

The duck fetus looked really disgusting, but the rest of the article didn't really creep me out. Dead dog doesn't look any creepier than dead cow or dead pig.

The "Steve, don't eat it!" thing had more repulsive food. Rat meat is rat meat, dog meat is dog meat, but the stuff in there can't be identified as meat, or food in general for that matter.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 02:36:31 AM »

Eww, ox penis.

Asians eat some of the weirdest shit. My dad told me about the shit they ate while he was stationed in South Korea. I'm glad I fucking grew up in America rather than South Korea or else I'd be eating dogs all the time.

I made it through four years without eating dog.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 02:41:43 AM »

Big greasy North American Burger may make me clench my heart in agony of all the cholesterol...  but fuck, eating this (the dogs and duck did it for me) would mentally damage me.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 03:18:46 AM »

Would eating a dog really be that bad? It's not like you knew it, kept it as a pet or anything. It's anonymous meat, there is no need to be sentimental about it. A dog isn't worth more than a pig, unless you're talking about the sentimental value only a pet can have.

This kind of makes me glad I'm a vegetarian. I don't have to worry about ethics too much when eating a meal :P
Redeemed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 08:21:22 AM »

I've had the balut (duck egg) before, which is a delicacy in the Philippines. It's really not that bad--the juice just tastes like chicken soup and the embryo tastes pretty much like any boiled egg. It is horrible to look at though.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 09:31:59 AM »

That dog looked like it had some good meat on it.  I could see myself throwing some dog steaks on the grill.

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 09:50:00 AM »

http://www.cracked.com/article_14979_6-most-terrifying-foods-in-world.html

This list has yummy stuff like casu marzu and lutefisk on it. 

If you really want weird foods, watch Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern on the Travel Channel.  He takes a bite out of some pretty rank stuff.  Anthony Bourdain often does too in No Reservations. 

Casu Marzu is probably the grossest food in my mind.  I mean, it's old, moldy, rotten cheese infested with maggots.  I'll gladly have some chilled monkey brains over casu marzu any day.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 09:58:59 AM by Dincrest » Logged

I approve of this nonsense!
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 09:52:17 AM »

Would eating a dog really be that bad? It's not like you knew it, kept it as a pet or anything. It's anonymous meat, there is no need to be sentimental about it. A dog isn't worth more than a pig, unless you're talking about the sentimental value only a pet can have.

This kind of makes me glad I'm a vegetarian. I don't have to worry about ethics too much when eating a meal :P

You not eating meat contributes to global warming. I'm doing my part in eating meat so there's less cows, pigs etc. farting and shitting and releasing CO2 into the atmosphere.

But really, people grow up knowing it's "right" to eat farm animals, but a dog isn't one of them, and it seems gross to most people.

Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 10:01:28 AM »

anonymous meat

Oh, boy.

That's really it, isn't it?  I mean, if I get a burger, I know it's cow meat.  Cow's might as well grow on trees, I've been raised that eating them is what we do.  Anonymous meat is...  Yikes.  Being from Canada, there's lots of British food and French food I've been raised around.  Stuff like liver and onions, duck pate, etc.  And I've never been able to even look at it.

Organ meat in general is something that really grosses me out.  Honestly, the bugs on that list didn't really bother me.  ...Save for the worms and maggots.

I've wanted to try rat meat for years.  Fried rat is supposed to be pretty nice.  I mean...  It's not like these are sewer rats being cultivated for food.  Field rats are a totally different thing.

The thought of eating a "pet" animal though is heartbreaking.

I don't know, I try to shirk off meat and what it is constantly.  I love my burgers, but man, I feel like shit when I remember how cows are culled for my enjoyment.

I've had to think way too hard on this.  :(

...Then again, if it wasn't "reprehensible", I'd probably eat human meat.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: