Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 07:40:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327174 Posts in 13392 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  First RPG?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: First RPG?  (Read 9030 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2006, 03:41:34 PM »

First one I can remember is Secret of Evermore. I PROBABLY played Castle of the Winds before that, though.

SoE - played at a La Quinta on their game service thing. Would've been sometime during the summer after second grade, for me.

Castle of The Winds - Shareware disc. Would've been *during* second grade. Why? I got it at Sam's Club and I recall wearing a coat when I got the thing. That means WINTER.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2006, 05:39:52 AM »

Final Fantasy IV on my friend Alex's Super Nintendo.

But I never played for very long and (to this day!) never beat it.

The first RPG I played and completed (quite thoroughly, in fact) was Chrono Trigger. It was the game that got me into RPGs, and still my all-time No. 1.

Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2006, 06:25:04 AM »

Phatasy Star. My friend told me he had this great new game for his Master System that I had to go and see.

I can't believe it took him 2 years to finish!

beans
Cool Hand

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2006, 02:39:29 AM »

I believe it took him that long, heck it took me ages too.  I remember  the one dungeon on Dezoris the guaron morgue I think that gave me fits back then.  The pit traps in some of the later dungeons were very disorienting I remember.

I'd guess it took me 4-5 months before I finished up the game.

Still trying to shoot the damn dog in Duck Hunt.
JetEnduro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2006, 06:44:30 PM »

My first rpg was Final Fantasy VII. I had never played a game at all until my friend showed it to me, and I just loved it and have been playing rpg's(and games in general) since then.
Radien

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2006, 08:51:53 AM »

My first ever was Dragon Warrior 3 (a.k.a. Dragon Quest 3).

During high school, after setting video games aside for almost a year, I looked and noticed a genre I had not played, and rented it from Albertsons at the price of a dollar for 5 days.

Two weeks later they called me asking where it was. I said no worries, I was still enjoying playing it. I kept it for about a month and faithfully paid the $6 in late fees. ^_^  ...Then I did the same thing with Dragon Warrior 4. Eventually I found a copy of Dragon Warrior 2, and Final Fantasy 1, which I enjoyed to smaller degrees.

Later on someone lent me his SNES, along with FF4, FF6, Chrono Trigger, and Lufia 2.  I also got ahold of Secret of Mana and Super Mario RPG, for a very quick educational run through the 16-bit RPG timeline.  I had quite a ball over that one year, and CT became my favorite RPG. It still is.

~Radien of Lunarnet.

No, not LunarNET... Lunarnet, the IRC network. We've been around even longer than LunarNET, we're just smaller.  There's an #RPGFan channel there. Check it out.

Point your IRC program here:

irc.lunarnet.org
port 6667
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: