Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 03:08:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329767 Posts in 13518 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XII X 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XII X 3  (Read 12703 times)
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2006, 07:05:36 AM »

One probably has to differ between the quality of the visuals and the content, including the action sequences. I'm personally not really fond of the idea of having a really fast-paced battle system in a Final Fantasy (main series) installment. Then again, it is probably way too early to make any assumptions about the game's battle system at this point anyways.
CarpeNoctumXIII
Banninated

CarpeNoctumXIII
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2006, 11:39:33 PM »

Not sure if this was posted, but here are some scans with new shots in them:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101363

Looks amazing.

--Oh, please. Warping the minds of men and shepherding the masses has always been your Church's domain. You lure sheep with empty miracles and a dead God. ...Or perhaps you, too, are a sheep, Samantha. A poor little lamb, bleating for your faith as though it were milk of the poppy. Yet mark your savior well, for he is one of the demons you so fear, Samantha--
noblearrogant

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2006, 03:19:13 AM »

Great scans,too bad i can't read it
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2006, 03:26:56 AM »

Visuals look pretty amazing...  Almost too amazing comparing them to what I've seen of the PS3 so far.

I wonder what the story and system are all about.
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2006, 07:04:54 AM »

The masked soldier in one of the first scans in that thread kind of gives off a Galactic Empire vibe.  The battle system menu seems a bit different.  There is this mention of "Action Points" cited on the menu.  I wonder if it is a replacement for the MP system or something else entirely.

CarpeNoctumXIII
Banninated

CarpeNoctumXIII
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2006, 08:00:42 AM »

Quote from: "MonCapitan2002"
The masked soldier in one of the first scans in that thread kind of gives off a Galactic Empire vibe.  The battle system menu seems a bit different.  There is this mention of "Action Points" cited on the menu.  I wonder if it is a replacement for the MP system or something else entirely.

That sounds right actually, considering there are numbers next to every command on the left side of the screen.....well, seems interesting, I just hope we still get to control a party, and not just her.

--Oh, please. Warping the minds of men and shepherding the masses has always been your Church's domain. You lure sheep with empty miracles and a dead God. ...Or perhaps you, too, are a sheep, Samantha. A poor little lamb, bleating for your faith as though it were milk of the poppy. Yet mark your savior well, for he is one of the demons you so fear, Samantha--
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2006, 11:00:59 AM »

Holy shit, this game looks amazing. I love the female protagonist, and the futuristic vibe. EXACTLY what I've been looking for in an rpg., and was hoping to get out of a new Phantasy Star. Considering we're not even close to getting FFXII yet, though, this thing is is pretty damn far off. Plus, there is just no way I'm buying a PS3 at launch or anytime thereafter. When it hits 300 I'll pick one up.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2006, 03:08:44 PM »

Man. Those scans do look pretty sexy. I'm definitely interested to find out what the plot shall be, or least the basic outline of it.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2006, 05:02:11 PM »

If Lightning really is her name, then Squeenix has gone way too far with the weather inspired names. Cloud I can accept. Squall is okay. But Lightning? What's the protagonist of FF XIIII gonna be called? "Sunshine"? Are all FF heroes' parents hippies, or what the hell is the deal?
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2006, 05:05:42 PM »

It's be technically XIV, and as to the geologically-related names... It started with Terra, then Cloud, Squall, and Tidus. Honestly, Cloud and Squall are equally as dumb as Lightning. :P
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2006, 05:10:29 PM »

Uh yeah, XIV. I have no idea why the hell I wrote XIIII. I'm familiar with the Roman numerals, after all. And Terra was called Tina in the Japanese version, so I still claim that Cloud started it all :P
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2006, 06:22:50 PM »

I have to agree, Lightning is a dumb name. Cloud and Squall are stupid, but... I dunno, I think the fact they sound kinda like they /could/ be names, albit dumb ones, works. I dunno, maybe they'll do some change to the english version to at least make it sound/look a little less stupid, like Tide to Tidus, it's actuall a code/nick name, or we'll just get used to it and not care. :P
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2006, 07:24:53 PM »

You know what else is a dumb name? Snake. Oh wait, that's a code name. Lightning could easily be a codename. It would fit, given the more futuristic setting and her super agent vibe.
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2006, 08:19:09 PM »

Maybe the Lightning thing might refer to an elemental alignment for the character.

Quote from: "GrimReality"
Holy shit, this game looks amazing. I love the female protagonist, and the futuristic vibe. EXACTLY what I've been looking for in an rpg., and was hoping to get out of a new Phantasy Star. Considering we're not even close to getting FFXII yet, though, this thing is is pretty damn far off. Plus, there is just no way I'm buying a PS3 at launch or anytime thereafter. When it hits 300 I'll pick one up.

Then you won't be getting one.  There is no way that the system will ever be that cheap during its lifetime unless it bombs spectacularly and retailers choose to liquidate their stock.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2006, 08:25:39 PM »

PS2's cost 100 now IIRC, or 150: I can easily see it happening. However, it'd probably be refurbished and late in the liftetime.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: