Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 08:24:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327552 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mana-Khemia's Ending (SPOILER WARNING!! Like...duh?)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mana-Khemia's Ending (SPOILER WARNING!! Like...duh?)  (Read 1197 times)
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 29, 2008, 11:42:28 PM »

Finished Mana-Khemia a month or two ago; haven't had time to write about it until now.

In some ways, I couldn't be happier with Mana-Khemia's (many) endings, and in some ways, I'm still a little bit disappointed.

Re: Isolde

Code:
I could tell, just from the first flashback conversation between Theofratus and Isolde, that Isolde secretly had a thing for Theo, but I was hoping she'd also end up being Vayne's mother, there's just one little problem (see next point). Oh yeah, Isolde's still one hot babe, though.

Re: Vayne

Code:
Vayne turned out to be a Mana created by Theofratus, for the purpose of committing suicide...as opposed to being Theo and Isolde's son. So...what of Sulpher then, if Vayne's supposed to be the Mana?

Re: Sulpher

Code:
Are we really saying that, all this time, Sulpher was just a normal cat, and that Vayne was the one turning Sulpher into a demon sword, through his own sheer force of will? I don't know about you, but I think it would've been more interesting if Sulpher had actually been a Mana, and ended up dying to protect Vayne in the end...because he's such a noble cat. And noble-minded kitties do things like that. Besides, a pet cat that turns into a demon sword? How much more awexome can you get than that?!

Other than that, all of the character endings were great, and were well voice-acted, but that's probably because they didn't need to sync their voices with any on-screen textboxes; if only for those scenes, the voice-acting sounded very fluid and natural. It flowed very well, and the jokes involving each of the characters, I thought, were good. Except for Jess. Jess was boring. Boo.

The whole premise of the game was this, though, I thought it was kind of...ehh:
Code:
Theofratus wanted to die because he inflicted Jess with her life-threatening illness, and the people hated him for it, so he wanted die. And for whatever reason, Vayne wanted to die, too. The whole premise seems to be, "Don't commit suicide, emo kid! Even if some people hate you, you're still going to find people who like you!"
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 11:47:16 PM by Bernhardt » Logged
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 09:12:46 PM »

I think there's more to the premise than "cheer up emo kid."

Code:
Theofratus wasn't just depressed, he was obsessed with being perfect. It was obsession that drove him to his death. As for Vayne, he had to combat that part of him that still had Theofratus within. The story is more about overcoming generational mistakes and not repeating history, than say, being an emo depressed kid.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: