Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 09:06:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329710 Posts in 13515 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Video Game Music - Piano
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Video Game Music - Piano  (Read 2071 times)
-Manta-

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: September 30, 2008, 07:09:00 AM »

Greetings ~ I'm currently playing the piano for several years now, though have never taken a lesson in my life -- I play entirely by ear.

I'm a huge fan of Xenogears, Final Fantasy and the Chrono series and their respective composers... If it sounds good, I'll learn it.

As much as I'd love to share the videos of me playing from youtube, I'm wondering if this is the right place to do so. I hate spammers and advertisers, and since I don't have any sheet music to contribute, I'd first like to hear from you guys =)

It'd be greatly appreciated - Hello once again ~

-Manta-
calintz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 08:10:10 AM »

if u truly play from hearing, that's talent - i can't get one damn note by ear, so i gave up

wouldn't mind some samples via links... careful tho - if u are hurt by criticism easy, a public forum may not be the place

plus, this should be in the music section, no?
-Manta-

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 09:59:33 AM »

Hey, I'm totally open to opinions, I only strive to improve -- As much as this 'is' not much more than a hobby, it's still lots of fun =)

I guess I chose this board because it's still closely RPG related - - and there's so many good songs I'm sure you guys can relate to --

www.youtube.com/manta2015

1: Final Fantasy X - Suteki Da Ne

2: Chrono Trigger - Frog's Theme

3: Xenogears - Leftovers of the Dreams of the Strong

I really hope you guys enjoy --   I appreciate any feedback =)

-Manta-
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 09:07:25 AM by -Manta- » Logged
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 11:58:15 AM »

You're entirely self-taught, no lessons?  That's pretty impressive - and in fact, a little inspirational.  I have an old keyboard that I used to mess around on and play some simple game songs (like "Fear of the Heavens" from Secret of Mana) but I never took lessons and got frustrated when I wasn't making progress fast enough.

calintz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 07:16:10 PM »

linky no worky...
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 08:59:49 PM »

Just shouldn't have the / at the end. Try this calintz.

http://www.youtube.com/manta2015

As for the quality, I'd say the best arrangement/performance you have is the Xenogears track. It is on par with people like Michael Gluck (aka "Piano Squall").

Manta, you should consider getting involved with people like OneUp Studios, Overclocked Remix, or even working duet tracks with Michael Gluck. All of these people/organizations are very easy to contact, all you need from there is motivation.

I wouldn't normally say any of this btw. I clicked on the link feeling very skeptical...a lot of those YouTube VGM on piano videos are, for lack of a better term, crap. Just pure crap. But your work is good. I'd love to hear you do some more Xenogears, and if you're up for a real challenge, try to do some Masashi Hamauzu by ear (Saga frontier 2, Unlimited Saga, some of FFX, others...)

Ramza

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 11:09:40 PM »

Wow...I'm actually pretty impressed. I did four years of formal piano lessons (far from enough to be considered any good), and I couldn't hope to do something like that. I'd say keep at it man.
-Manta-

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 09:08:23 AM »

Sorry bout the mis-typed link =(     

But I a greatly appreciate the comments, they really mean a lot - - - Ramza : I'm definitely going to put a nice  "into the sky" rendition soon --  Ill check out Masashi Hamauzu --  Stay tuned =)

-Manta-
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 09:10:37 AM by -Manta- » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: