Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 08:10:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338610 Posts in 13861 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Oblivion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print
Author Topic: Oblivion  (Read 32843 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2006, 12:02:48 AM »

So, apparantly the Orrey mission is completable in 10 minutes. Maybe the reward makes it worth the trouble, but... To me, it doesn't really seem like Bethesda has the right idea on what to do with this content. The horse armor is almost trivial, and if the Orrey's that quick, it seems almost pointless. Probably more importantly than the length alone though is the type of game Oblivion is - a large game where you could spend over a hundred hours playing and see only about half of the entire game. This is akin to trying to sell you something like a small order of potato chips or french fries at an all-you can eat buffet: Why should I give a shit when there's so much I can try and eat as it is?

Admittedly, it's just two bucks... But I think it'd be more satisfying to get a bunch of extra stuff bundled together in a single 10 dollar downloadable pack. Hopefully they do just that later.
Iolaus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2006, 03:30:36 AM »

You make a valid point. That or just concentrate on an expansion pack. Honestly I could care less about downloadable content, unless it is a bugfixer. Just give me an expansion pack further down the road.
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2006, 11:48:00 AM »

I agree that I'd rather have an expansion than this kind of downloadable content. I have a feeling all this extra content will just be lining to the eventual expansion anyhow and I'm not about to double-pay for the same content. I'm patient enough to wait for it. Hopefully they are working more towards an expansion than just downloadable fodder.

Quote from: "Sazabirules"
The mod I want the most is a one adding Cliff Racers. A Fargoth one would be pretty sweet but Thoronir is sort of the new Fargoth.

Well, I guess this might be a spoiler:
Code:
If you become Grand Champion in the Arena, you get a wood elf named Adoring Fan. He has weird blonde hair and an expression you want to punch off his face. I let him tag along and he is pretty useless since he runs away whenever a fight breaks out. I thought he died when I finished a dungeon since I saw his sorry corpse on the ground. The next time I fast-travelled though, he was standing there next to me and my horse. I guess he can't die. I guess it's time for some fun with him. He's my new Fargoth.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2006, 03:32:51 PM »

If bethesda wants to make a mod people will use, they should make a highly-professional crafting mod. Something that lets you make armor, bake bread, craft new items and weapons, basically. Or a world-wide dialogue expansion. Something that adds to the game as a *whole.* Not something so miniscules that it can be finished in roughly the amount of time it takes you to pay for and download the thing.

Admittedly, it's just two bucks..

No it's not! It's 1.89! They dropped the price after the horse mod by a WHOLE TWO NICKELS!!!11one.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2006, 05:44:21 PM »

I can't find my adoring fan since I told him to go away. I don't know where to find him.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2006, 08:48:35 PM »

Granted, I guess Bethesda won't make a replayable mod, or something that effects the entire world, because a large mod like that would, er... well, if a mod has replay, you can keep playing THAT, and won't NEED to buy new mods.

I'm wondering if fewer people are buying this mod. It hasn't been torrented yet.

o/` I do not dream o/`

MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2006, 09:08:50 PM »

I just got the game for PC.  I am still getting used to the mouse and keyboaerd contols.  It isn't as unweildy as I thought it would be.  Is the disc required to be in the drive when playing the game?  I got prompted to insert it when I wanted to initiate a game session.

Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2006, 09:40:35 PM »

Yeah you have to have the DVD in. I've almost finished an important quest but I can't find any garlic anywhere. Is there any store that has more than one?
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2006, 10:35:57 AM »

You could try going to bandit camps; they tend to have garlic hanging over their tents. Then again, you only get one per harvest. You could try buying one at a store, waiting for a week, and then buying annother one... I've never actually tried it myself, but I hear it works.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2006, 01:31:33 PM »

I seem to remember that Jauffre has got a lot of garlics in a bowl on his desk at Weynon Priory. Also, there's a bit or garlic in one of the inns in The Imperial City, but I forget which one.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2006, 06:49:49 PM »

They've got some interesting mods out. And a helluva lot that suck, but there are some really good ones, there.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2006, 07:19:08 PM »

I've only added two mods so far. One is the goblin mod and the other adds the Black Market near the Imperial City.
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: April 30, 2006, 09:19:20 PM »

I just recently completed my first quest.  It was:

Code:
to help a village that was suffering from an invisibility spell.

Other than that one quest, I have been dungeon hopping aimlessly.  I want to join the Magic Guild soon.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2006, 03:56:56 PM »

I kinda wish there were more quests. I know that I've heard that, although it only has 150, they were longer morrowind's... and while that was true for awhile, they don't seem to be very deep anymore.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Alexander
Easy Bake Covenant

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: May 03, 2006, 03:03:31 PM »

Beta patch was just released for the game not too long ago. And yet, I still can't even START playing the game. Whenever I hit "play" I get one of those

"Oblivion has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

AppName: oblivion.exe    AppVer: 1.1.0.425    ModName: oblivion.exe
ModVer: 1.1.0.425    Offset: 005dbf40

I've had the game since like the third day or so it came out.... I just wanna start. :(

Behold, the greatest taco in the history of the world! http://tacostothelimit.ytmnd.com/
[Previously known as Miilou Suede]
acornthief.tumblr.com
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: