Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 06:17:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329927 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Oblivion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Oblivion  (Read 31790 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2006, 05:45:44 PM »

you could start with the ebony dagger in DF, which is one of the best weapons in the game. A lot of people who like saying DF was so much harder seem to forget that.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Iolaus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2006, 09:11:24 PM »

The game levels with your character. So while there are some npcs and special monsters that stay at the same level. Monsters and items in dungeons will be reflective of your level. Sounds like a good process to me. I'm sure someone will find a way to bypass this stuff and get a super weapon though.

On a side note, it will be easier than ever for modders to build new worlds now. Instead of manually having to drag and scale landmass in the construction set, one can now define parameters for your land mass and the computer generates the land for you. It apparently determines the soil and erosion for you and grows the trees and what not. I think that is awesome. Too bad I have to use the 360 version. I'd love to get my hands on this and create something, even if I'd never finish. Perhaps Britannia from Ultima or Taladas from dragon Lance.
Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2006, 12:51:08 PM »

only 2 weeks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tsi Aileron

113308759 TsiAileron@hotmail.com Tsi+Aileron TsiAileron
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2006, 12:56:37 AM »

So, i've changed my mind, and i'm updating my PC for this game. Seeing as it's two years old, it's due for an update.

I will now be running:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (Same, since it meets the recommended)
Video Card: Radeon X850XT
Ram: Corsair 2GB DDR400 XMS3200

Getting another hard drive and a new mobo too.

Oblivion here I come!

Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2006, 01:37:38 PM »

Quote from: "Tsi Aileron"
So, i've changed my mind, and i'm updating my PC for this game. Seeing as it's two years old, it's due for an update.

I will now be running:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (Same, since it meets the recommended)
Video Card: Radeon X850XT
Ram: Corsair 2GB DDR400 XMS3200

Getting another hard drive and a new mobo too.

Oblivion here I come!

You son of a bitch! those specs pwn mine =( ah well, as long as it runs soewhat I'll be happy. I have been watching some videos and it's the cloest thing to Middle Earth your ever likely to see, a truely beautiful game.

Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2006, 08:05:50 PM »

Thought this might interest someone:
Gamespot is going to have some crazy, 12 hour live video feed of nothing but Oblivion. Watching other people play a game is always boring as hell, but this might be worth checking out just for the sheer bizzareness of the thing.
Andrmgic

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2006, 09:43:19 PM »

wow.. so Greg is hardcore? o.O

If I was a subscriber I'd tune in for a little bit.. but I'm not signing up just for that
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2006, 05:24:02 PM »

I'm still not sure if I'll get this or Beatmania first. I only have enough for one and if I get this I'll try and pick it up Tuesday with my instore credit at EB.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2006, 01:21:27 PM »

Circuit City will have the PC version on sale for $39.99.  I'm sorely tempted to buy it since I have trouble passing up sales.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2006, 09:42:35 PM »

I have a CE pre-ordered at the GameStop near my place of employment. I just got the call informing me it'll arrive tomorrow, so I'm quite excited that it's so close. It'll be the first game I buy for my 360; I've been playing all the demos available until Oblivion would arrive. Not long now!

Whee~~
Sartori

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2006, 09:57:32 PM »

Hello

Yes I got my notification today also, hopefully will be here in the morning via UPS:)
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2006, 10:20:03 PM »

I probably won't get it until late this week like on Friday or Saturday. I can wait a week. I feel sorry for my friend who is getting it but won't get a computer capable of running it until next Christmas.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2006, 10:30:40 PM »

Reportedly the site I had mine ordered from has been cancelling their CE preorders, so... I'm going to wait and see. If so, I may not be playing this for awhile.
Andrmgic

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2006, 12:13:13 AM »

haven't heard anything from EB.. though today (Tuesday) is the day they are supposed to get it. I'll head over in the morning
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2006, 08:01:30 AM »

I'm almost defintely getting the game for the 360 today.  I have to go to work this evening but I have a friend who's going to pick me up a copy and i'll play when I get home tonight. I've read about the 15-20 second load times but who cares...I put up with longer load times than that when I played Morrowind on the Xbox.  This is going to be a long day:P

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: