Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 03:03:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329726 Posts in 13515 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Oblivion
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Oblivion  (Read 31768 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2006, 10:40:52 PM »

May as well, need an actual PC topic. Ironically, I'll be getting this for the X360, as my PC can't run it. Can't wait for it, at any rate.
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 11:02:12 PM »

Same here. My current rig probably can't handle Oblivion so I'll probably grab a copy for the 360 too. After long hours at work, relaxing in front of a big TV with Oblivion sounds more tempting anyhow.

When I get the time and spare cash, I'd like to build a new rig that will be able to handle Oblivion without any trouble. That won't likely happen anytime soon with the plethora of games coming out so soon. Not that I'm complaining. ;)
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 11:36:31 PM »

I'm probably going to get it for PC, considering that 1) I don't have an X360, and 2) my PC can run it, and has the recomended specs. Although if I did have a 360, it'd be a tough choice, probably coming down to how much I would use mods vs. how much I would enjoy relaxing, as Lilim said, in front of a big TV while playing.
Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 12:11:04 AM »

Quote from: "superflat"
probably coming down to how much I would use mods vs. how much I would enjoy relaxing, as Lilim said, in front of a big TV while playing.

That does make the difference I have to admit, I would rather play a game in the luxury of my armchair instead of being humped over my PC but then again I doubt the 360 version will look anywhere near as nice, then again I could be wrong.

btw what specs you guys have, I know we discussed this on the old boards but surely you can run it on your PC's at some rate, or is it a case of quality over experience.

I'm hoping my rig will run it, and after reading the offcial forums it lokks like it will.

Andrmgic

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 12:15:46 AM »

I'll play it on my PC.. which I'm sure will do fine. oblivion is the reason I built this thing, afterall :)

Lack of a 360 and a HDTV kinda helps, though .
Tsi Aileron

113308759 TsiAileron@hotmail.com Tsi+Aileron TsiAileron
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 01:50:11 AM »

I have no idea what the specs are, and i'm too lazy to look them up right now.

Here's my rig, I think it's about time for me to upgrade, i've had this crap for a while.

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Video Card: Radeon 9800 Pro 128
RAM: 512 DDR (Need more...)
Sound Card: Soundblaster Live Platinum
Monitor: 19" Dell Trinitron and a 15" Dell piece of shit. (Dual ftw!)
Speakers: Klipsch 2.1s (Amp on my 5.1s died)

And, 400GBs of HD space, need more. >.<

I don't know, I may just get it for X Box 360. Depends.

Home theater setup is quite tempting. 100" or so HD projector and an awesome sound system.

Andrmgic

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 12:11:19 PM »

Quote from: "Tsi Aileron"
I have no idea what the specs are, and i'm too lazy to look them up right now.

Here's my rig, I think it's about time for me to upgrade, i've had this crap for a while.

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Video Card: Radeon 9800 Pro 128
RAM: 512 DDR (Need more...)
Sound Card: Soundblaster Live Platinum
Monitor: 19" Dell Trinitron and a 15" Dell piece of shit. (Dual ftw!)
Speakers: Klipsch 2.1s (Amp on my 5.1s died)

And, 400GBs of HD space, need more. >.<

I don't know, I may just get it for X Box 360. Depends.

Home theater setup is quite tempting. 100" or so HD projector and an awesome sound system.

Your rig meets the minimum requirements and may not run it too well. If you have a 360 and a HD set, the answer is clear :)
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 01:18:41 PM »

Yay! It's gone gold! Rejoice!

http://www.elderscrolls.com/news/press_030206.htm
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 04:16:57 PM »

My PC:
Pentium M 2.13 Ghz (a great performer in games)
GeForce Go 6800 Ultra
1 Gig RAM
17" Monitor @ 1920x1200
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 05:49:30 PM »

Awesome, I was afraid it'd get a last minute 'delay' like the DDS games have gotten. Good to see it'll make the day EB/GameStop listed though. The previews at the last minute /were/ a good sign, what with all that the previewers could check out. :P
Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 08:19:21 PM »

Woot! Can't wait now, have to find somethign to fill the time :/

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 09:26:59 PM »

I've been looking forward to this game, but now that I take a good look at the system requirements I'm getting a little bummed. My box is about six months old and when I built it I bought almost all the top of the line things (vid card, sound card, processor, etc)....and I'm just a little over minimum requirements.

So this means I can play Oblivion and not run ANY other programs in the background (no torrents downloading, etc).

I really dont want to buy an Xbox 360, but as these games that are on both PC and X360 come out...I might just buy one so I dont have to upgrade left and right.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2006, 01:49:42 PM »

My computer finally plays morrowind well, so it's not up to the task of oblivion yet :p
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2006, 02:13:10 PM »

Quote from: "Dade The Ass McLaren"
I've been looking forward to this game, but now that I take a good look at the system requirements I'm getting a little bummed. My box is about six months old and when I built it I bought almost all the top of the line things (vid card, sound card, processor, etc)....and I'm just a little over minimum requirements.

So this means I can play Oblivion and not run ANY other programs in the background (no torrents downloading, etc).

I really dont want to buy an Xbox 360, but as these games that are on both PC and X360 come out...I might just buy one so I dont have to upgrade left and right.

There's no way you barely make the minimum with top-of-the-line from six months ago.

I built my box last July.  I didn't even get top of the line components.  I spent about $1k total.  With the recommended being:

* 3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
    * 1 GB System RAM
    * ATI X800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

The only thing I don't make is the X800... but I've got an X700 anyway.

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Alexander
Easy Bake Covenant

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2006, 05:52:42 PM »

I've had the game reserved since like... forever. I'll pick up the Collector's Edition the day it comes out, but I won't be able to play it till about two weeks later when I got the money saved for my 7800 GTX.

Behold, the greatest taco in the history of the world! http://tacostothelimit.ytmnd.com/
[Previously known as Miilou Suede]
acornthief.tumblr.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: