Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 05:43:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327347 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Brush and Quill
| | |-+  Opinions on this story?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Opinions on this story?  (Read 2215 times)
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 30, 2008, 11:59:36 PM »

Wrote this last year for a creative writing class, uncovered it while going through some stuff for school. It's sort of long, but not exactly a novel. I'm curious if any of you might read it and provide feedback. Like it? Hate it? Why? Etc.

I tried copy and pasting, but it kills the format, so I uploaded the two files (two "chapters") to mediafire. Hopefully someone will take the time to download them, but I realize my chances of feedback are now drastically reduced :(

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4e92a826429732b1d2db6fb9a8902bda

[/url]
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 11:18:23 PM »

Oh snap, I read them!!  As for my opinions.

I really liked them, what a unique and unexpected character.  Honestly I liked the character study a lot more than I liked the story though they were both entertaining.  I found the story a bit lacking towards the end.  I don't know if you had any restrictions, but the conversation she has with her husband in the bathroom seemed a bit too...I guess forced.  It just didn't seem all that natural.  I think it was the pacing, I felt like she should've tried to cut him off or maybe you could have just added a few more breaks in between to describe what was going on.  Otherwise everything was great, I thought your descriptions were really good and I was really able to picture and follow everything, which for me is an accomplishment because I tend to get bored with descriptions that get too lengthy.

Also, with the story you had, I think the ending could have had a much harsher punch.  I totally understand what you were going for, but I guess it wasn't satisfying to me because it ended past the point I had expected it to end.  I think it is because the last piece, which it seems like she recorded, didn't feel recorded.  The speech just felt too much like narration instead of speech.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 07:04:29 PM »

Thanks for reading. Almost forgot I posted this.

The only restrictions I was under were that I needed to base the character off someone I'd met in real life, and that the story couldn't be too long. I sort of realized half way through the second part that I needed to end it soon, so I tried to compress things.

Thanks very much for that feedback. What you said was pretty much exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.

[/url]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: