Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341199 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Star Ocean: The Last Hope news.(56k Warning)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31 Print
Author Topic: Star Ocean: The Last Hope news.(56k Warning)  (Read 88472 times)
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: January 09, 2009, 11:40:27 PM »

Everyone was saying it was going to be timed exclusive like TLR, but apparently not.

xXMelancholiaXx

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: January 09, 2009, 11:43:47 PM »

Everyone was saying it was going to be timed exclusive like TLR, but apparently not.
A timed exclusive? Heh looks like they just keep them on one console these days. lol

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2009, 02:22:30 PM »

I really hope Tri-Ace still has it in them to pump out an amazing RPG.

I heard SO3 was disappointing to some people, and many were let down by Infinite Undiscovery (I thought it was decent).

edit: Will players have the option to listen to the Japanese voice acting instead of the English one?

Star Ocean Dev Team: Unfortunately, this option will not be available.

Damn it!
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2009, 03:10:00 PM »

Square Enix never does. I don't see why anyone would expect it to be there.

dab3

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2009, 04:13:15 PM »

IGN just posted the answers to all the questions people asked SE about SO4. They said they have no current plans for a PS3 version of the game.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/943/943546p1.html
I thought it was supposed to be an XBox 360 exclusive anyway. O.o

If you check the Japanese/American box art for Star Ocean 4, it doesn't the have usual "Only on XBOX 360" written on the top corner. So this clearly means that there is a good chance that it could make its way to the PS3 eventually.

Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2009, 07:46:04 PM »

IGN just posted the answers to all the questions people asked SE about SO4. They said they have no current plans for a PS3 version of the game.

If you check the Japanese/American box art for Star Ocean 4, it doesn't the have usual "Only on XBOX 360" written on the top corner. So this clearly means that there is a good chance that it could make its way to the PS3 eventually.

Quote from: Blace

dab3

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: January 13, 2009, 01:46:08 PM »

Quote from: Blace

Yea I've read other posts, and the official comments, but in a uncertain economy, a lack of 'hit' next-gen Squeenix titles, and a lack of 'only for xbox 360' (which is on other squeenix games like infinite undiscovery) there is a fairly good chance. I like to be optimistic, even if I own a Xbox 360 =)

Lord Dorkus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2009, 02:30:11 PM »

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1221135_1407.html

Stolen from Neogaf
Creating Items for Fun and Profit in Star Ocean 4
As hinted at by this week’s previous blurry scan, the recent Famitsu article on Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope is mostly focused on Item Creation (IC), but also introduces the previously mentioned supporting character, Welch Vineyard. I have translated the article for your English reading pleasure below.

Welch Vineyard
“I’m Welch-chan! I’ll be supporting you guys from Earth, okay?”

A sub-operator for the Calnus, Welch isn’t actually aboard the ship, but communicates virtually through subspace transmission from the SRF headquarters on Earth, and is primarily in charge of Item Creation Support Work.
Though she is incredibly smart, she also very frank, and a highly energetic person.
However, even within the Deep Space Pioneering Corps, there is no one who has actually met her, surrounding her identity in mystery.

What is IC?!

The IC (Item Creation) System allows players to create new items using collected materials via party members’ personal creation abilities (known as IC Skills). IC Skills will improve through continued use, and characters will be able to create even more potent and rare items.

Item Creation in Star Ocean 4 is a little bit different from Infinite Undiscovery’s system and previous Star Oceans.

First, your party will need to gather in the meeting room on the Calnus and talk to Welch in order to hold a “Recipe Creation Meeting.” Here you will be able to split your party members in a maximum of 4 different groups which will each come up with an idea and create a recipe for it. Ideas and recipes are different depending on which members are grouped together, based on their individual IC Skills and levels.

Once you have developed a recipe, you will need to collect the required materials before you can begin creating your item. If you have the ingredients required already on hand, you can begin item creation immediately, otherwise you will have to track them down by hunting monsters, finding them while exploring, or purchasing them at various stores.

The article mentions that there are roughly 1000 different types of items that can be created through the IC system, including weapons, armor, consumable items, and even stuff to trick out your Calnus, like a jukebox, a biorhythm diagnostic machine, and a vending machine!

Finally, you may also combine items together in order to transfer certain attributes over to different items using the IC system (though I don’t think you need a recipe to do so).

Big thanks to syaugust8 for tracking these scans down! ^_^ b

Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope will be available on Xbox 360 on February 19, 2009 in Japan, and on February 24th in North America.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2009, 11:16:44 PM »

If the videos on Youtube are true and that is the main battle theme, then you can count me amongst the hyped.

I'm wondering how Private Actions will be handled in this game. To be honest, I'd prefer the method used in SO2, where you pressed square outside of town, but if there's no world map that would render that method moot.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2009, 11:32:56 PM »

That battle theme is awesome. It sounds alot like the one in SO3, but that's fine by me.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2009, 04:02:25 AM »

Wow that battle theme is great. Of Sakuaraba's music I still like Baten Kaitos and Eternal Sonata's themes the best though (They sound so similar).
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2009, 04:45:14 AM »

SO3's OST was horrible. So this battle theme gives me hope. Could it be that Sakuraba is actually starting to NOT suck?

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2009, 04:49:45 AM »

SO3's OST was horrible. So this battle theme gives me hope. Could it be that Sakuraba is actually starting to NOT suck?

You bastard. Eat this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUVS3t0MsnI
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: January 14, 2009, 06:17:35 PM »

This could be true.  I think Vesperia is some of his best stuff in awhile.

Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: January 15, 2009, 12:02:15 PM »

Sakuraba's work on both Vesperia and Symphonia 2 were pretty jawsome, and this battle theme sounds pretty damn sexy.

I actually liked some of SO3's music myself, but that's probably there was less and less of his god damn synth, around that time. :P

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: