Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 07:36:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329479 Posts in 13498 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Star Ocean: The Last Hope news.(56k Warning)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31 Print
Author Topic: Star Ocean: The Last Hope news.(56k Warning)  (Read 86164 times)
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: January 30, 2009, 03:00:04 PM »

Interview with the developer in Japanese.
A translation would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/start/rpg/interview5_1.htm

no wait

okay

giant sandwich

Lord Dorkus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2009, 05:50:14 PM »

Edge and Reimi character profiles,
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/949/949606p1.html

1/31 demonstration
http://translate.google.es/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww4.ocn.ne.jp%2F~koumu%2F4000%2Frepo_yodobashi_so4.html&sl=ja&tl=en&hl=es&ie=UTF-8

« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 05:53:22 PM by Lord Dorkus » Logged
Lord Dorkus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: February 02, 2009, 02:39:10 AM »

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blogs/anoop/2009/01/31/star_ocean_4_playtest/
Akira
The Renegade of this Atomic Age

jonnybfbi
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: February 02, 2009, 04:26:25 AM »

This is just page one. I'll do the rest...in the future.

Interview with Yamagishi Yoshinori

─ついに完成となりましたが、現在のご感想を教えてください
XBox - So it's finally complete. What are your thoughts at this moment?
無事に完成してよかった、というのが素直な心境です (笑)。RPG の開発は時間がかかるので、無事に終わってホッとしています。
Frankly, I'm just glad it's finished. (laughs) It took such a long time that I'm just happy it's done.
─開発期間はどれくらいかかったのでしょうか
XBox - Roughly how long was the development time?
企画自体は前作の『スターオーシャン Till the End of Time』 (注:2003年発売) が終わってから、すぐに取りかかりました。実際の開発期間は、だいたい 5 年ぐらいでしょうかね。
Well we began planning the game immediately after we finished developing Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (2003), so actual development time was about five years.
─『スターオーシャン』はシリーズで展開されている作品ですが、過去のシリーズに触れていなくとも楽しめるのでしょうか。
Xbox - Though this game is an expansion of the Star Ocean series, can someone who has never experienced the previous games enjoy it?
まず述べておきたいのは、※今回の『スターオーシャン4 ―THE LAST HOPE―』は、『スターオーシャン』シリーズの最初のお話だ、ということです。以前の作品を遊んでいなくてもストーリーは理解できますので、安心して飛び込んできてください。
Well I should point out that Star Ocean: The Last Hope is actually the first story in the series. So even if you have not played the earlier games, the story is understandable and people can jump right in and enjoy it.
─SF ならではの世界観や、キャラクターデザインのこだわりはありますか?
Xbox - Being a science fiction game, were their any hangups or difficulties regarding character or setting design?
今作の舞台は、現代に近い時間です。SF は未来になるほど魔法っぽくなり、逆に現代に近ければハードになります。※メカの表現が現代からありえそうな流れだったりと、比較的ハードな SF の要素を含んでいるのが特徴ですね。
異星人が出てくるので、人間型やモンスター型以外にパワードスーツを着ているような敵も登場します。その辺が SF らしいところですね。武器も、いわゆる光線兵器のようなものも登場しますよ。
Well this game's setting is relatively close to our own time period. With science fiction, the further into the future you project, the more fantastical the atmosphere. Conversely, the closer to our own time we project, the more difficult it is. Particularly the presentation of mecha elements have to seem relatively believable for our own period, which adds to the difficulty. There are a number of alien species in the game, and besides the humanoid and monster-like enemies, there are also enemies that look sort of like mecha powered suits. That point is very much science fiction. Weapon design makes use of lasers and beams to also complete the look.
 ─ご自身で完成品をプレイされたご感想は、いかがでしょうか?
XBox - What is your own impression having played the finished game?
シリーズを通して毎回思うのですが、ハードウェアの進化と共にゲームも進化するので、前作よりも確実に面白くなったと感じています。ハードウェアが変わると全体のイメージも変わるので、"新しさ" を出せたかなと自負しています。
With each game, as the hardware has evolved, the games have gotten more complex and interesting. With more advanced consoles, the series' image completely changes, so I feel good about how "fresh" the game is this time around.
─クリアーまでどれくらい時間がかかるのでしょうか。
Xbox - About how long does it take to complete the game?
大体 40 ~ 50 時間ぐらいだと思いますが、プレイスタイルで大きく変わりますね。たとえばイベントはスキップできるので、早解きを狙う人はもっと早くクリアーできると思いますし。アイテムクリエイションやプライベートアクションなどの、本筋とは関係ない要素もたっぷりありますので、これらをすべて楽しもうとすれば、いったい何時間必要になるのか。「飽きるまで遊んでください」というのが本シリーズの作りかたですので。おまけ要素も山のようにあるので、コンプリートを目指すとそれだけで膨大な時間を遊べますしね。
I'd say about 40 to 50 hours. It depends on your play style. You can skip events, so people who are looking to finish quickly can fly right through it much faster I think. With item creation and the new private action system, you have a massive number of elements and additions that are not connected to the main story. If you try to do absolutely everything, I can't imagine how long it might take. We make these games really so that you can play them until you get sick of it. With so many little extras and features to experience, people trying to complete everything will find that the game can be played for a massively long time.

"You must defeat my Dragon Punch to stand a chance."
Lord Dorkus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: February 02, 2009, 08:37:34 AM »

This is just page one. I'll do the rest...in the future.

Interview with Yamagishi Yoshinori
*snip*
Awesome. Thank you very much.
Lord Dorkus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: February 03, 2009, 12:17:49 PM »

http://www.eternalsphere.com/so4/
Another website update. This time there is a new TV commerical.
dab3

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: February 03, 2009, 12:26:12 PM »

Thanks so much for the translation. My anticipation is very high! Pre-ordered it already...

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: February 03, 2009, 02:54:58 PM »

After taking a look at the official English website, I have to say that it is one of more better designed ones I've seen in a while. I like it a lot better than its Japanese counterpart, but there's something about Edge's face in the character section that creeps the hell out of me.
Akira

jonnybfbi
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: February 04, 2009, 03:20:15 AM »

PAGE TWO GET

─本作の一番の見所を教えてください。
XBox - What is the number one highlight of this game?
※まずはグラフィックの美しさですね。『スターオーシャン』シリーズは 1 ハードに 1 タイトルリリース、という感じで来てしまったので、最新作は必ず前作よりも新しいハードになるんですよ。なので、グラフィックは絶対に綺麗になっています。
Well we should start with the graphics. The way the series has progressed, we have had one title per hardware generation. Each new title has without fail looked much nicer than the previous game. So with this game, you can be sure that the graphics are absolutely gorgeous.
ゲームエンジンはトライエース (※1) のオリジナルエンジンで、『インフィニットアンディスカバリー』で使用したエンジンをさらに改良、進化させたもので作られています。既存のエンジンと比べてゲームとの相性がよく、リアルタイムでの光の表現なんかがとても綺麗に表現されています。
We used a improved version of Tri-Ace's original Infinite Undiscovery engine to run the game. Compared to existing engines, the compatibility is excellent, and particularly the expression of light in real time is stunning.
あと、プリレンダリングムービーは弊社のヴィジュアルワークス (※2) が制作しています。トライエースとヴィジュアルワークスがコラボレーションするのは、じつは今回が初めてです。SF 色を強く出せたムービーになりましたので、ぜひ見て楽しんでいただきたいですね。
Also the pre-rendered movies are the result of a collaboration between Tri-Ace and Visual Works. It was the first time the two companies worked together. As a sci-fi game, you can expect the movies to be out of this world. I hope everyone enjoys it.
─では、バトルに関してくわしく教えてください。
XBox - What can you tell us about the battle system?
本シリーズの戦闘は、※アクションバトルを採用していることが大きな特徴です。「コマンド選択型のバトルでは物足りない」と思っているユーザーの皆さん、たとえば格闘ゲームやアクションゲームのほうが好きなユーザーでも、十分に楽しめると思います。
Action-packed battle is one of the series' specialties. The game appeals to people who find traditional menu-based command input battles unsatisfactory, as well as people who like fighting or other action games more than RPG's. Many types of gamers can enjoy it.
─アクションが得意なプレイヤーのほうが、楽に進めるのでしょうか
XBox - Does that mean that action gamers will have an easier time than traditional RPG fans?
いえ、本作は RPG ですので、アクションが苦手でも問題なく楽しめます。ボタン一つで敵を攻撃できるので、ボタンをガチャガチャ押すだけでもなんとかなってしまう。
I don't think so. It's still an RPG, so even if you are not good at action games, you should still have no problems. Even if you just spam the X button, you should have a chance.
レベルを上げればキャラクターはどんどん強くなりますし、武器を強いものに交換すればさらに強くなる。アクションが苦手な人は、別のアプローチで戦闘を有利に展開すればよいわけです。逆に、アクションが得意な人は、戦闘中のアクションを活用して、戦闘を有利に進めればいいですし。
As you gain levels your characters gradually get stronger. Better weapons and armor will also help. People who suck at action games will find that there are other approaches to combat. Contrarily, folks who excel at action games will blast their way through the fast combat and also be successful at the game.
─では、キャラクターの育成について教えてください。
XBox - Can you tell us a bit about the character advancement system?
攻撃型か防御型か、オールマイティ型かといった感じで、かなり自由に育てられます。それぞれ一長一短ありますので、どのように育てて、どう自分のプレイに組み込んでいくか、という楽しさがあります。
Offensive, defensive, or all-around types can be freely developed as the player likes. There are advantages and disadvantages to any strategy. The fun is in combining your own play style with the game's challenges.
─キャラクターを育てる際、タイプの向き不向きがあったりするのでしょうか。
XBox - Does the character development system lead to any definite "types" among members?
いえ、特にそういうのはないです。キャラクターによって使用できる武器のタイプ、たとえば弓や長剣、片手剣などが決まっていますので、そのあたりでの違いは出るかもしれませんが、"このキャラクターはこのタイプにしなければ" という縛りはないですね。
I don't really think so. Each character uses a different weapon. For example bow and arrow, long sword, one-handed sword. These are set for each member, so there will likely be important differences there, but it is not set in stone like "This character must be used exactly this way."
─キャラクターといえば、『スターオーシャン』シリーズおなじみのあのシステムは今回もあるのでしょうか。
XBox - Speaking of the characters, does this game follow the older games' systems?
"プライベートアクション" ですね、もちろんあります。これは、メインストーリーとは関係のない、プレイヤーと仲間たちとの人間関係を楽しめるイベントシステムです。
I assume you mean private actions. Of course they are included. The private action events are not connected to the main story, so people can freely enjoy watching the relationships among the characters develop.
プライベートアクションは、仲間たちの日常を描いたり、友情的なものから恋愛が絡むものまで、かなり多彩です。本来は秘められているキャラクターのバックボーンなどが明らかになることもあります。物語により深みが出てくるので、キャラクターに感情移入したい方はぜひ体験してほしいですね。ゲーム中では見えませんが、キャラクターの感情値などもあります。仲間たちとより関係を深めていくことで、通常は見られないようなプライベートアクションが発生したり、エンディングにまで影響を与えることもあります。
Private actions paint a picture of the characters daily lives. They also allow characters to progress from friendly relationships to romantic bonds. It's quite diverse. Secretive characters gradually open up and reveal themselves. The story is much deeper so you can feel free to get really involved with the characters. Characters posses an invisible affection level trait. As relationships deepen, more rare private actions become available and even the ending will change.
─続いてアイテムクリエイションについて詳しく教えてください。
XBox - Could you tell us about the Item Creation system?
アイテムクリエイションは、「スターオーシャン」シリーズ伝統のシステムです。お店では入手できない様々なアイテムを創作、活用することで自分だけの攻略法を編み出すことができます。
Item creation is one of the series' long traditions. There are numerous items you cannot otherwise find in stores, so by taking advantage of the system, you can really work out your own unique strategy.
今回は、カルナスという宇宙船が拠点となり、その会議室でアイテムクリエイションを行えます。前作はいきなりアイテムを作れたのですが、今作ではまずレシピを発明することから始まります。
With this game the spaceship Carnas is your base of operations, and therein lies a meeting room where you make use of item creation. In previous games, items were created instantaneously, but this time, you have to first find the correct recipe for an item before you can make it.
※新システム「レシピ創作会議」も新たに実装しています。これは、仲間キャラクターをいくつかのグループに分けてアイディアを持合い、そこからレシピを創作するシステムです。キャラクターによっては料理が得意だったり、絵画が得意だったりするので、そこから様々なアイテムが生み出されます。作ったレシピを見て、素材を集めてアイテムを作り出すスタイルに整理されたので、アイテムがよりわかりやすく計画的に作り出すことが可能になっています。
The new 'recipe creation meeting' system is important here. You divide your characters into groups and interdependently they will come up with recipes. Character specialties vary among things like painting and cooking, so taking this into account, it is possible to make many different items. Once you have a recipe, you need to collect the appropriate materials. Creation is fixed and easier carry out than before, thus items can be created systematically.
アイテムクリエイションには素材が必要となるので、これを色々と集めなければなりません。お店で買えたり、敵が落とすものもありますが、中には隠されているレアなものもあります。たとえば、序盤で見えてはいるけれど取れなくて、後半に再び訪れたら取れるようになるといった感じで。アイテムの一覧を見ることもできますので、やりこみ派プレイヤーの手助けになるのではないでしょうか。すべてを作るのはとても大変だと思いますが。
You'll need a variety of materials to make items, so it important to constantly collect things from enemies or shops. Among these materials are some very rare items. For example some items you may be able to see early in the game but will not be able to reach. If you visit that same spot later on, you might be able to get them. There is an in-game catalog of all your items, so hardcore players trying to make everything can take heart. Though I can't even imagine how long it might take to make every single item...

Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: February 04, 2009, 08:13:25 AM »

Exactly one more month before the English version is available here. Considered importing the Japanese one first since i'll play both version anyway, but current JPY rates aren't helping.

A bigger pain is the OST and arrange album can't be found on CDJapan or Play-Asia, making me gamble with Amazon japan again. Ugh.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: February 04, 2009, 09:25:37 AM »

Where the fuck do you live that the English version is available in "exactly"one more month? It's out 2/24 in North America and 4/24 in Europe. Neither one of those is "exactly" one month from today. One is 20 days from today, and the other is well over a month. So...it is available in English in 20 days.

This game has me excited.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Akira

jonnybfbi
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: February 04, 2009, 09:35:46 AM »

Part 3 - Revolutions

The end of the interview. Y'all are lucky I have nothing better to do.

─ハードに Xbox 360 を選択した理由を教えてください。
Why did you decide to make The Last Hope an XBox 360 game?
Xbox 360 は、最初にハードが出たことが強みの 1 つですね。現世代機として非常によくできたハードで、開発からすると扱いやすかったようです。
The XBox 360 was the first seventh generation console to come out. That's reason number one. Secondly, for the current console generation, it is an extremely well made hardware, and from a development standpoint, fairly easy to deal with.
─開発秘話や開発での苦労話を教えてください。
Can you tel us some of the challenges or secrets behind the game's development?
一番苦労したのは容量の問題ですね。現世代機で RPG を作ると、どうしてもグラフィックやモーションのデータが巨大になってしまって。かといって、昔みたいにキャラクターを棒立ちにしてイベント、というわけにもいきませんからね。
The biggest problem is simply one of capacity. Making an RPG on a latest generation console inevitably entails vast amounts of data and coding thanks to the complexity of graphics and animations. We simply can no longer get away with characters standing like boards during story events like back in the old days.
現世代機の機能、たとえばシェーダーなんかにも苦労はしたのですが、苦労に見合う表現ができたと思います。ちなみに今作でも 60 フレームを実現していますので、トライエースのファンの方はご安心ください。
Current generation functionality regarding shading for example entail laborious work. Counterbalancing that, the finished product is truly expressive. Incidentally The Last Hope runs at 60 frames so all the Tri-Ace fans out there can chillax.
─本作を初めて遊ぶプレイヤーにアドバイスをいただけますか。
XBox - What advice do you have for first time players of the game?
※ゲームの序盤で、"サイトイン・サイトアウト" という敵の攻撃を回避するアクションが出てきます。ちょっと難しそうに思われて敬遠されるかもしれませんが、ぜひとも挑戦してほしいですね。一回理解すると、無駄に狙ってみたくなる中毒性がありますよ、コレ (笑)。上手に決まったときの爽快感は格別なので、アクションが苦手な人もチャレンジしてみてください。もし難しいと感じたなら、戦闘のチュートリアルで練習してみるのもいいですね。
In the early part of the game, the 'Site In / Site Out' system will pop up. It's an evasive technique that is not easy to use. Many players may avoid using it, but I really want people to try and get used to it. Once you understand how to use it, you will get addicted quickly and try to use it even when it isn't necessary. It is exceptionally satisfying to pull off, so even people who aren't into action games should give it a try. If you're really stuck, there is an in game battle tutorial that can help.
 ─RPG というジャンルに関しては、どうお考えでしょうか。
XBox - What are your thoughts on the RPG genre generally?
今は、ユーザーさんが大作とよばれる RPG 以外に手を出しづらい状況にあると思います。もっと遊びやすい RPG を出せるといいなあ、なんて考えています。ユーザーさんにも、もう少し色々な RPG を遊んでほしいですし。
These days, aside from the more epic RPG's, users seem to have a hard time getting into many titles. I think we need more easy to enjoy games. I would like to see gamers play a wider variety of RPG's.
個人的には、コマンド型の戦闘はあまり好きではないので、それ以外のタイプの RPG を作っていきたいですね。たとえば『インフィニットアンディスカバリー』みたいなシームレスバトルとか、集団戦で入り乱れて戦うようなものとか。アクション型の戦闘をもう少し進めて、大雑把に遊んで、感覚的に楽しめるような作品を作れるといいなあと、漠然ながら考えています。
Personally, since I've never really been into the menu-based combat style, I want to continue making games that break that mold. For example I love Infinite Undiscovery's seamless battles, and crazy mixed up group combat. I daydream about making games that offer the same visceral tactile enjoyment of a good action game.
─最後に、ファンの皆さんへメッセージをお願いします。
XBox - Finally, what is your message to the fans?
『スターオーシャン』シリーズ最新作、やっと完成いたしました。トライエースが Xbox 360 の性能を限界まで引き出しているので、グラフィックは美しく、システムも非常に完成されたものに仕上がりました。
The newest Star Ocean game is finally complete. Pushing the XBox 360 to its limits, count on sublime graphics and an intense gameplay system.
『スターオーシャン』シリーズは、"遊んで楽しい RPG、ゲームとして面白い作品" を目指して作っています。このあたりのこだわりは、戦闘を体験してもらえるとすぐに感じてもらえるかと思います。間口の広い作品なので、普通にプレイしてもいいですし、やりこみプレイも楽しめます。ぜひ、飽きるまで楽しんでいただければと思います。よろしくおねがいします!
Our focus with Star Ocean has always been to make an RPG that is purely fun an interesting to play. Once you sample the game's combat, I think you'll see what we mean. Massive as the game is, it can be played casually or endlessly enjoyed by more hardcore gamers. Strap in and enjoy.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: February 04, 2009, 10:51:40 AM »

Thanks Akira. You rock.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
dab3

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: February 04, 2009, 12:43:41 PM »

Yeah, once again amazing work. Thanks for the whole transcription!

I lol'ed when he said "chillax" those folks at tri-ace are pure gangsta'!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 12:45:37 PM by dab3 » Logged

Lord Dorkus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: February 04, 2009, 04:42:43 PM »

Images of the US version including the slightly altered menus.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/starocean4/images.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gsimage&tag=images;header;more

Video preview
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/starocean4/video/6204113/star-ocean-the-last-hope-video-preview?hd=1
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 12:02:03 AM by Lord Dorkus » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: