Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 03:26:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338044 Posts in 13840 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Star Ocean: The Last Hope news.(56k Warning)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31 Print
Author Topic: Star Ocean: The Last Hope news.(56k Warning)  (Read 87906 times)
Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: February 14, 2009, 02:56:45 PM »

Man this interface and localization inflexibility argument war is making it so fun for me to troll and annoy the living hell out of people at gamefaqs. Its so fun to de-stress giving other people stress.

I love this game already. For such a weird reason. :P
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: February 16, 2009, 06:23:16 PM »

Here's a glance at (most of) the game's achievements.

They're looking to be pretty tough as they're based on battle trophies and if they're like the battle trophies from SO3, they're gonna be a bit much to master.  I mean, some of the trophies in SO3 were so difficult to get, when I started the game for the second or third time, I didn't even bother collecting them.

Hopefully the trophies in SO4 are gonna be a tad easier to get.  :P

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: February 16, 2009, 06:26:27 PM »

when I started the game for the second or third time, I didn't even bother collecting them.

You.... played it that many times?
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: February 16, 2009, 06:39:23 PM »

Oh, no, I /started/ it that many times.  To this day, I still have not completed SO3 even /once/.

I really wanted to finish it at least one time, this is why I started it so many times, but shit sucked and I couldn't stand playing much past 20 or so hours.

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: February 16, 2009, 06:46:44 PM »

I can see some reason in playing it again as the gameplay was pretty fun. I stomached it through to the end and it has been sitting on my shelf ever since. I just have this feeling that SO4 is gonna suck as much. I bet the major plot twist in the game will be that all the characters are just avatars in a super modded version of WoW.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: February 16, 2009, 06:49:59 PM »

I beat SO3 twice. Once on normal (played for about 200 hours) and once on hard (for about 100 hours). Loved it, despite the story.

xXMelancholiaXx

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: February 16, 2009, 10:52:53 PM »

I can see some reason in playing it again as the gameplay was pretty fun. I stomached it through to the end and it has been sitting on my shelf ever since.
I felt the same way. I just completed it recently and I've all but stopped playing it. I went back to playing Tales of Vesperia. I'm hoping that Star Ocean Last Hope delivers where Star Ocean: Till the End of Time couldn't. So far I've been fairly pleased with what I've been hearing about it. MP Death is gone supposedly. That's a huge plus too me, since it was annoying. From what I hear, you're supposed to be traveling around from planet to planet doing various things. I really hope this is true because the thing that's always bothered me about Star Ocean is that it's never really a "Space Odyssey." It always felt more like you get stuck on one planet and then you travel to maybe 1 or 2 other planets for varying reasons to do something. Only to come back to the initial planet you were as it has now become something of a hub world. I want to be able to go from planet to planet and explore the galaxy. When I say planet though I want to be able to find different civilizations. Not just a few towns and dungeons but a really thoroughly developed planet with a lot of towns and things to do on each one. Maybe I'm asking for a lot but, that's really where I'd like to see Tri Ace take Star Ocean. But I think that might require the usage of a World Map again. Now a days it seems like Tri Ace feels it's some how beneath them to use that. I guess it's just wishful thinking...:(

Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: February 17, 2009, 03:34:39 AM »

Besides, changing the interface to full cg to appeal to their stereotyped Western gamers, during a time when the average Western gamer will rather play Halo Wars is stupidity at its finest. Changing an interface isn't gonna make things more appealing, if they really wanted to appeal, they should:

- Game is made FPS.
- Enemies die screaming while blood spurts out all over.
- Your characters die the same horrible way.
- Anyone falls its Game Over, since they're a bloody mess which needs to be cleaned up with buckets and a rag.
- Your enemy doesn't ask you to surrender. They rather disembowel you.
- All female characters must have huge bouncy boobs and wear scant little clothing.
- All male characters must be bulky He Men and wear ONLY their underwear.
- You ride a tank, not a bunny.
- Bunny racing is for wimps, Bloody Gladiator Bouts all the way!
- When you put a guy and a girl in the same room, something always happens.
- Pickpocketing is for wimps, in the US version you Mug and Slaughter!
- When visiting other Planets, you have the option to 'Invade in a sea of Death and Fire!'
- Lymle doesn't summon a wimpy dog like Cerebus, she summons The Devil.
- Music Genre is limited to Hard Rock. Even during romantic moments.
- All sword wielders use Lightsabers.
- Calnus is renamed Carnage.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 17, 2009, 04:24:41 AM »

- All sword wielders use Lightsabers.

Seeing as how it IS supposed to be sci-fi...
Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: February 17, 2009, 10:08:27 AM »

Alright, enough joking. Time for serious discussion. The game is OUT! Many store in Japan broke release and many gamers getting it early. Most of us between 3-9 hours in as of time of post. 1st planet was pretty short.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: February 17, 2009, 11:04:17 AM »

1st planet was pretty short.

Maybe that's a good sign. Maybe it means that there are a lot of planets.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: February 17, 2009, 11:15:13 AM »

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 05:55:44 PM by KillerArmoire » Logged

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: February 18, 2009, 04:47:05 AM »

ALL, not some.
xXMelancholiaXx

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: February 19, 2009, 01:02:35 PM »

If anyone is interested IGN just posted their review of Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Based on what they said it looks like it'll be pretty solid. The only thing that really seemed odd to me was the fact that you'd have to switch between various discs to explore other planets and what not. From my experiences usually they just put the FMV on one scene while still making the rest of the world accessible. It reminds me of the Legend of Dragoon when I had to switch between discs just to go to previous areas. I was also hoping the game would be a bit more epic in scale. But it seems like it's going to be a bit more on the condensed side. But bumps and bruises a side it still looks solid. I wish they would have gone over some of the changes in the battle system if there were any, and touched on the portrait issue since it was a big thing amongst the fans of the game. 

Here's the link if anyone is interested: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/955/955258p1.html

Lord Dorkus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: February 19, 2009, 02:38:33 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: