Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 06:35:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332705 Posts in 13630 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Star Ocean: The Last Hope news.(56k Warning)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31 Print
Author Topic: Star Ocean: The Last Hope news.(56k Warning)  (Read 87017 times)
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: March 06, 2009, 03:18:00 PM »

I like lym as well.  I mean from what I understand she just behaves the way she does because of whatever happened to her, kinda broke her mind.  Ya know, like some kids who see their parent(s) murdered, and no longer speak.  Shit like that.  And I assume she walks that way because of those crazy clothes shes wearing :P

I'm on roak, about 11-12 hours into the game.  Still fun.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: March 07, 2009, 02:59:48 AM »

Heh, I'm on Roak at about 28 hours.  I'm doing literally everything I can, lots of mining and gathering to complete orders.  Storyline kinda had a big twist, but I'm not sure what to think about it yet.  Still enjoying the hell out of this game though, I wonder if the gameplay will ever get old for me? :P Hope not.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #347 on: March 07, 2009, 03:03:33 AM »

You guys are slooooow.  I'm at 12 hours.  I'm midway through the second disc, just picked up the last party member.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: March 07, 2009, 06:01:57 AM »

You guys are slooooow.  I'm at 12 hours.  I'm midway through the second disc, just picked up the last party member.

I haven't even played the game and even I know that's...wrong. =P
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: March 07, 2009, 10:36:21 AM »

:(

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: March 07, 2009, 10:49:48 AM »

I'm 6 hours in and still on the second planet, but I'm typically slow when it comes to completing RPGs (TotA was the only game I've beaten faster than what most people say.)

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: March 07, 2009, 12:45:34 PM »

Johns game times don't count. He has some superhuman time decelerator or something. His game times constantly floor me. I'm normally double or triple what he runs. I honestly don't get it, especially with rpgs. Minus sidequests, shouldn't we all be clocking pretty close to each other?
Oh, uh, I haven't even bought the game yet, but I just had to comment.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: March 07, 2009, 01:14:29 PM »

Wow, so all of a sudden they threw an extremely difficult boss at me.  I fought the fucker for a good 30-45 minutes until i ran out of items and died.  The funny thing is, I'm so overleveled it hurts.  I did a ton of arena for fun (which also gives XP so I went up about 3-4 levels) not to mention I'm pretty much always running around with a 80-110+% XP bonus modifier.  I really don't want to try this thing again and buying more items is out of the question.  Bah.  Party AI is so stupid sometimes and the targeting system can be a real pain in the ass when you want to target a different enemy.  You pretty much have to hug the damn enemy for it to change targets.

Sucks about Amazon Losfer.  I think I've only had one bad experience on amazon out of many, I guess I was lucky =\
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 01:16:42 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: March 07, 2009, 01:47:06 PM »

targeting system can be a real pain in the ass when you want to target a different enemy.  You pretty much have to hug the damn enemy for it to change targets.

my only major complaint with the game so far.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 07, 2009, 01:59:41 PM »

Sucks about Amazon Losfer.  I think I've only had one bad experience on amazon out of many, I guess I was lucky =\

I did have to wait unusually long for Watchmen. I attributed to bundling it with another book for free shipping, and they simply decided to be (justifiably) cheap by waiting until both were out then bundling them. Then the went and shipped my Xbox Live subscription card way ahead of Scott Pilgrim when I bundled them for free shipping, so I dunno. There was an amusing case once though where I ordered a book trilogy together and they sent me the final book ahead of the rest!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: March 07, 2009, 04:42:35 PM »

Thank GOOOODDD for the cutscene skip&summary.  I found the greater half of them kinda boring...
Battles are fun...  I don't know.  I still kinda like SO3's the most.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: March 07, 2009, 08:44:40 PM »

It's okay, lads.  I'm just glad I managed to score a copy.

Game's pretty good so far.  Some of the cutscenes are REALLY cringe worthy.  I'm aiming to get max gamerscore on standard difficulty (900), cause I doubt I'll play the game a second time or a third time to get the last 100.  I'm just like that.  :P  Things are going slow, I'm following three FAQs and only two of those are in English.

Hate Welch.  Hate, hate, hate Welch.  I thought she was fun in the first two games, but...  God damn.  The worst thing about the game though is the bloody frame rate.  Fucking jittery damned battle sequences.

I'm having fun though, I think that's the main thing.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: March 07, 2009, 10:39:37 PM »

the only time I laughed at a welch scene was when it looked like Edge caught her reading yaoi manga.

It's gotta be pretty difficult to get max gamerscore on a first run, but I'm sure it's possible.  At level 55 and at least 50% of the way through, I just now got the 10% battle trophy achievement.  Good luck with that =P.  I imagine if you switch around characters all the time (who is in battle and who's in control) it'll come a lot faster.  Worst case scenario, dash+skip scene will help tons.

The frame rate in the game is actually fine, minus one town that looked to be a little jittery in its cutscenes.  I imagine you are referring to the battle tutorial which is for some reason, jittery.  It hasn't been jittery for me at all after that.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: March 07, 2009, 10:53:46 PM »

I don't know. My fun with the battle system is mitigated by the fact that everything else just sucks. I'm going to have to play this game in very small increments.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: March 07, 2009, 11:01:15 PM »

I'm around 46 hours into the game and I think I can go to the final dungeon now. So far I'm very, very pleased. I certainly wasn't expecting a sci-fi epic, and I expected a pretty cheesy storyline, but it's compelling enough to keep me going. Dialogue is hammy too, but I actually laughed a few times. Battle system is crazy fun too; I felt the 3rd's Fury gauge kinda hampering, and I hated not being able to hit enemies who were knocked down.

The characters are two-dimensional, but I would have been shocked if they were anything but, considering the 2nd and 3rd games. I find them charming enough though. And despite him being the cliche "stoic bad-ass" character, I have a savage man-love for Arumat. It might be his ridiculous scythe.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: